News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bought 2 440s this weekend and have a question

Started by Leonidas Rex, March 23, 2009, 07:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonidas Rex

In a package deal this past weekend, I bought a non-hipo 1969 440 block. The seller sold me a 69 440HP block with it that had a repairable epoxied crack on the side of the block. After I got home, I checked the VIN stampings on both blocks. The non-hipo is probably a C body block. It is nothing special. It will me the block I build up for the Charger. The 440 HP block has an RS27LXXXXXXXX vin stamped in it. It comes out as a 69 Plymouth GTX Convertible. There cannot be that many 1969 Plymouth GTX convertibles out there. According to my books, there were only 700 1969 Plymouth GTX convertibles made. If it were me, I would want someone to contact me if they found my block. How would I track down someone to see if they are interested in getting their original block back? Any leads or suggestions would be helpful.

Khyron

Quote from: 68rtchargerstang67 on March 23, 2009, 07:02:57 PM
The seller sold me a 69 440HP block with it that had a repairable epoxied crack on the side of the block.

ekkkk You're braver then I.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Leonidas Rex

I know. I had a 68 440 HP block cracked in the exact same place. I brought it to a business here in Illinois where they heated up the block red hot and fixed the crack. It cost me a little bit but ti was magged again after the process and found no problems. It is in my Coronet RT.

Sublime/Sixpack

That would be cool if someone out there is looking for that block and you can help him out!
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

mauve66

i would figure your best bet would be Galen G. but some people don't like him................ he still has the largest amount of info on highly desireable cars and current owners, it may not even be around anymore
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Alaskan_TA

Is it a '69 St. Louis built car? If so, contact Doug Hammer, he is a member here.

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

RD

i rebuilt a 69 727 that came out of a 440 69 GTX for a member on here.  I could relay the information to him to see if the VIN matches the VIN on the trans if you like?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

1969chargerrtse

That's a great idea to try to locate a match, they would be super thrilled.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Leonidas Rex

It is a 69 built St. Louis car. My father used to see Galen at swap meets but I never had much interaction with him since we waited almost 8 months for an order to be filled. I will leave it at that.

I will post the rest of the engine VIN number when I get home today so if anyone needs access to it, the number will be posted.

Thank you for all of your responses.

moparstuart

Quote from: 68rtchargerstang67 on March 24, 2009, 09:20:47 AM
It is a 69 built St. Louis car. My father used to see Galen at swap meets but I never had much interaction with him since we waited almost 8 months for an order to be filled. I will leave it at that.

I will post the rest of the engine VIN number when I get home today so if anyone needs access to it, the number will be posted.

all  b-body convertible were build in st louis
, there is a local guy here who has a 69 gtx vert , if you pm me the vin #      I can ask him  ?

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Leonidas Rex

Quote from: moparstuart on March 24, 2009, 10:20:41 AM
Quote from: 68rtchargerstang67 on March 24, 2009, 09:20:47 AM

all  b-body convertible were build in st louis
, there is a local guy here who has a 69 gtx vert , if you pm me the vin #      I can ask him  ?

I will do so tonight when I get home.