News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 b-body / Charger black out treatment for core support

Started by hemi68charger, March 22, 2009, 04:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey Gang..
Since I lost my original pictures to the '68 prior to the blacked out treatment for the core support, anyone have straight on pictures of survivor or correct application of the flat black to the front face of the core support? I get one chance to do it correct, so I want to make it count. The main concerns is the bottom, does the black go all the way down the front face of the support structure under the radiator? I know most cars where different from each other in the top part (crossover support), but there should be a standard......

Thanks..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

OttawaCharger

My car is an early production 68.  I don't know if that makes any difference.  :shruggy:
my car was originally SS1 yellow. Hit me up with a PM if you want a full res copy
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Charger-Bodie

Ive never seen one blacked out all the way to the top of the support like that before.

Could it have been retouched incorrectly?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

OttawaCharger

That's possible.  When stripping the paint off of the car, I found evidence of the car having been painted.  Maybe they redid the grill blackout too.  :scratchchin:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

hemi-hampton

Looked like original black out but I never seen it across top on 2nd generation chargers like that either. But I think my original 72 charger is similar, I'll have to go look again. As far as I know the inside or backside of front lower Valance was also blacked out which may of been done while on the car which would account for that line at bottom of core support free of black but I've seen the black go all the way underneath on some cars since supposably the black was sprayed while a guy was in a pit under the car?  :scratchchin: LEON.