News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mafia in Da Hood!

Started by Todd Wilson, March 21, 2009, 11:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

Woke to noise this morning. Out the back window I see a herd of tractors! The Mennonite Mafia is in Da Hood roofing someones house! Theres tractors everywhere and they are some roof'n SOB's. By 7:30am most of the house was ready for sheeting. They put my mesican roofers to shame!

Silver R/T

looks like they came prepared
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Silver R/T on March 21, 2009, 12:36:33 PM
looks like they came prepared

They sure did! There were 5 other tractors on the street you couldnt see because of the houses. There were 3 more in the alley behind the house getting roofed.

Todd

moparguy01

never try to race a mennonite guy in his tractor. they hot rod those damned things. I had never seen a 9n ford going 45 mph till i was near hutch.

4cruzin

Whoa . . . coming through with a herd of tractors!   :scratchchin: Get the hell out of the way I would think!  lol.   :icon_smile_wink:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

TUFCAT

I can't view your pic. For some reason I get the boxed red X

Charger_Fan

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 23, 2009, 09:25:28 AM
Works fine for me. :shruggy:

Ok, I don't get it. What do tractors have to do with roofing houses? Around here, there's usually trucks involved in that equation, with nary a tractor in sight. :scratchchin:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

moparguy01

certain areas of the country amish and mennonite people are not allow to have cars or trucks. However they can have tractors, which helps with their farming so its ok in their religion. Other branches of the same religions you can have cars but you cannot have a radio in their cars.  :shruggy:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 23, 2009, 02:09:37 PM

Ok, I don't get it. What do tractors have to do with roofing houses? Around here, there's usually trucks involved in that equation, with nary a tractor in sight. :scratchchin:

Mennonites dont usually own cars or trucks. Only tractors.  They will drive a tractor 30 miles into town pulling a variety of trailers behind it. Some cannot "trap" air so they dont have regular air up rubber tires. They will put old time steel wheels onto a modern tractor and then shoe horn some tractor tires over the steel wheels. Very hard on the streets. Its a site to see. One friday evening at the sizzler a tractor pulled in with a 4 horse trailer on the back. Inside was an unknown amount of women and men and children all sitting on folding chairs in their dress's and bonnets and hats and stuff. It was like a clown car as they kept coming out of the trailer to go in and eat.

It really gripes my ass that they are allowed to do this. They pay no tax diesel, no insurance or tag required. They are always slowing traffic down. They will be in the lane just like a car. I have seen them come to town pulling a 4 wheel hay wagon with small children sitting on the front edge of the wagon with their feet dangling down. One bump and the kid is coming off and the wagon will run over them. But you better not ride in the back of a pickup truck around here or you will get a ticket!

Todd

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Todd Wilson on March 23, 2009, 11:04:21 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 23, 2009, 02:09:37 PM

Mennonites dont usually own cars or trucks. Only tractors.  They will drive a tractor 30 miles into town pulling a variety of trailers behind it. Some cannot "trap" air so they dont have regular air up rubber tires. They will put old time steel wheels onto a modern tractor and then shoe horn some tractor tires over the steel wheels. Very hard on the streets. Its a site to see. One friday evening at the sizzler a tractor pulled in with a 4 horse trailer on the back. Inside was an unknown amount of women and men and children all sitting on folding chairs in their dress's and bonnets and hats and stuff. It was like a clown car as they kept coming out of the trailer to go in and eat.

It really gripes my ass that they are allowed to do this. They pay no tax diesel, no insurance or tag required. They are always slowing traffic down. They will be in the lane just like a car. I have seen them come to town pulling a 4 wheel hay wagon with small children sitting on the front edge of the wagon with their feet dangling down. One bump and the kid is coming off and the wagon will run over them. But you better not ride in the back of a pickup truck around here or you will get a ticket!

Todd

You're kidding!! :smilielol: Man, there sure are some oddball people out there sometimes.
Sounds like they're a 'motorized' version of the Amish, then.

That sucks that they are allowed to drive tractors on the streets, without paying for any of the normal stuff the rest of the populace has to pay for. Not really surprising though, just because our system loves to cave into the whims of minority groups. :eyes:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)