News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which year charger do charger people prefer?

Started by sparkybr74mr, March 12, 2009, 05:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad L. Magee

:scratchchin:...  I like the second gens equally, so either the 69 or the 70 is a nice pick. :yesnod:....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

451-74Charger

Isnt the 74 the same as the 73, just without slots in the hood, and "slightly" bigger rubber bumpers?

Bob

I would have to say 1974. It took 9 years to perfect the Charger. :D

Brock Samson

Bob

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

moparstuart

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 13, 2009, 01:09:50 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,16002.msg178857/topicseen.html#msg178857
  most folks own their favorite Yr.. go figgure,..  :shruggy:
I dont fit that mold , My first mopar was a 70 R/T charger top banana blk top and stripe, and I now own two 69's

but have alway loved 68's and never owned one .  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

RAC95054

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on March 12, 2009, 06:52:08 PM
Just my opinion, but.....

68 Grille and side marker lights
69 Tailights
70 Interior and options (high back buckets, pistol grip, high impact colors)

Between the three you have the ultimate

My personal favorite are the 69's. But I'm biased.

:iagree:

That would have been the perfect Charger!  And I'm biased, too.
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

Corellian Corvette

I think the question is - which one do YOU like the best?  ;D

That's the only way to make the right choice.

For me, it was 68/69 or nothing. I don't like the front end of the 70 at all. But see, that's me.  :angel:

FastbackJon

Whichever one has electroluminescent radio, clock, console and dash lighting, a tachometer up front where you can see it, four bucket seats, a full length console, all V8 options, a simulated wood grain steering wheel, station wagon style interior cargo ability with fastback styling, a metal grille, electric headlight motors so you can flip them with the car off, molded door panels, and full width taillights all standard.

I like that one.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

FastbackJon

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

sparkybr74mr

I would love to have a 68, but I have not found any around in my area. I am also partial to the 70 because it is the same as my birthyear just like my chally is, just not to fond of the grill, but an r/t,se, 4spd that is well optioned maybe hard to beat. I am going to El Paso tommorrow morning to inspect the 70. We'll see. Oh and by the way, I apreciate everyone's opinions even though this has been posted here before, the same topic arises now and again on cuda-challenger forum or the ever so often topics between cudas and challenger owners. Hell it's fun either way. Steven

WingCharger

Quote from: sparkybr74mr on March 13, 2009, 04:32:02 PM
I would love to have a 68, but I have not found any around in my area. I am also partial to the 70 because it is the same as my birthyear just like my chally is, just not to fond of the grill, but an r/t,se, 4spd that is well optioned maybe hard to beat. I am going to El Paso tommorrow morning to inspect the 70. We'll see. Oh and by the way, I apreciate everyone's opinions even though this has been posted here before, the same topic arises now and again on cuda-challenger forum or the ever so often topics between cudas and challenger owners. Hell it's fun either way. Steven
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Sparky, can't wait to see your (hopefully) future '70. :drool5: :drool5:

Tilar

Wasn't 68 the last year they made the Charger?   :stirthepot:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Musicman

Quote from: FastbackJon on March 13, 2009, 03:58:45 PM
Whichever one has electroluminescent radio, clock, console and dash lighting, a tachometer up front where you can see it, four bucket seats, a full length console, all V8 options, a simulated wood grain steering wheel, station wagon style interior cargo ability with fastback styling, a metal grille, electric headlight motors so you can flip them with the car off, molded door panels, and full width taillights all standard.

I like that one.

Good one Jon... I agree of course  :cheers:

mauve66

Quote from: Tilar on March 14, 2009, 06:49:57 AM
Wasn't 68 the last year they made the Charger?   :stirthepot:

yeah after those ditzy designers changed it from the 1st gen nobody wanted them anymore but with the war on and all and being patriotic the american people decide to buy larger numbers of autos to help the corporations that were funding the war, thats the only reason they sold so many after the design change....................... :coocoo: :coocoo:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

superbee383

They all have their styling quirks.  I'm wearing a scar on my upper lip from a black '69 R/T that lost a tie rod at 60 mph, so I guess I'll forever be fond of that year, but my favorite is my Green Go 71 Bee...
71 Superbee
04 Avalanche Z66
04 Jaguar XJ8

bugsydog

I personally love the 3rd gen heres a pic of my 1972 dodge charger SE which was perchased by my father brand new off the show room floor in 72, it still holds it's original paint, engine and most of the enterior, (front seats were redone) this car is original as it gets. I forgot to add, original BB, A/C, power windows, power steering, tilt steering,A/M F/M, floor mounted cassette, rallye gauges, bench with buddy seat, suregrip

Foreman72

Quote from: bugsydog on March 14, 2009, 08:34:15 PM
I personally love the 3rd gen heres a pic of my 1972 dodge charger SE which was perchased by my father brand new off the show room floor in 72, it still holds it's original paint, engine and most of the enterior, (front seats were redone) this car is original as it gets.

dude love it :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

bugsydog

Foreman72

Quote from: bugsydog on March 14, 2009, 10:19:38 PM
Thanks, but your charger looks awesome!

simply a photoshoped pic...this is what it will look like...but i'll trade the pic for your car if you want :lol:

but thanks tho... :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

71 Bee Man

Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

kingjoop

1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com