News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"We surround them"

Started by Charger_Fan, March 10, 2009, 02:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be watching?

Yes
No
I'm clueless

defiance

Oh, by whatever measures they choose to use for success, I'm sure it did.  And spikes in ratings of proudly unobjective newscasting is certainly something we should celebrate.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: defiance on March 17, 2009, 12:55:30 PM
Oh, by whatever measures they choose to use for success, I'm sure it did.  And spikes in ratings of proudly unobjective newscasting is certainly something we should celebrate.

Ahhh, the MO of all mainstream news outlets. :angel:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

defiance

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on March 17, 2009, 01:21:01 PM

And you don't see me jumping to support their pathetic ratings grabs, either.

Charger_Fan

Well, it's not really a newscast...the man is a commentator...and he happens to be making a lot of sense at this particular bleak looking moment in our nation's history. Listeners & viewers out there are agreeing with his ideas & are willing to try something new, in hopes that some good will come of it.

Defiance, I can only assume that you have actually listened unobjectively to some of the talking points & ideas Beck's brought forward, and for your own reasons, have concluded that he's full of shit. Thusly, you have taken a firm stance for the opposition. If you haven't actually listened to the ideas & are instead merely blathering on with whatever opposing opinion that someone else has pumped into your head, then your opinions on this matter are null & void.

The spike in ratings is merely a byproduct of the undeniable fact that this guy makes sense...not merely a ploy by the Fox news company to be on top this month.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: defiance on March 17, 2009, 01:25:09 PM
Quote from: Johnny SixPack on March 17, 2009, 01:21:01 PM
Oh, by whatever measures they choose to use for success, I'm sure it did.  And spikes in ratings of proudly unobjective newscasting is certainly something we should celebrate.

And you don't see me jumping to support their pathetic ratings grabs, either.

Whoa there, hoss.  :icon_smile_big:

I don't know that CF, or anyone, was jumping to defend an entire news networks programming.

Just simply asking if you, or anyone, was going to watch the Beck special.

I'm guessing you passed.  :yesnod:

I missed it, but was interested to see how it would go.

I think Beck has a lot of pertinent views on quite a few topics, but if you are relying on one source for all of your view/talking points, you're just not thinking.

But if I had to, I can say I'd take Glenn Beck over Chris Matthews.  :cheers:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

defiance

Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 17, 2009, 01:25:42 PM
If you haven't actually listened to the ideas & are instead merely blathering on with whatever opposing opinion that someone else has pumped into your head, then your opinions on this matter are null & void.

a) nobody pumps ideas into my head but me.  I've not insulted your intelligence or rationality, I'd appreciate you refrain from insulting mine again.  Especially when your insult amounts to "You don't think for yourself because you don't like Fox news" (irony, anyone?)

b)  I had the decency to recognize I'd moved from discussion of this show into discussion of politics earlier, and I edited that post to remove ALL such things.  In that post, I went into some detail about the conflicts glenn beck had exhibited between his talking points - *some* of which do make sense - and his actions.. but since doing so was against the rules of this forum, I recognized my error and removed them.  I certainly have my reasons for my beliefs, just as you have yours. 

c) I will go as far as to say that one of the problems I have with Fox as a network, and with Glenn Beck, is intolerance of other viewpoints.  Thank you for demonstrating.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: defiance on March 17, 2009, 01:54:00 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 17, 2009, 01:25:42 PM
If you haven't actually listened to the ideas & are instead merely blathering on with whatever opposing opinion that someone else has pumped into your head, then your opinions on this matter are null & void.

a) nobody pumps ideas into my head but me.  I've not insulted your intelligence or rationality, I'd appreciate you refrain from insulting mine again.  Especially when your insult amounts to "You don't think for yourself because you don't like Fox news" (irony, anyone?)

b)  I had the decency to recognize I'd moved from discussion of this show into discussion of politics earlier, and I edited that post to remove ALL such things.  In that post, I went into some detail about the conflicts glenn beck had exhibited between his talking points - *some* of which do make sense - and his actions.. but since doing so was against the rules of this forum, I recognized my error and removed them.  I certainly have my reasons for my beliefs, just as you have yours. 

c) I will go as far as to say that one of the problems I have with Fox as a network, and with Glenn Beck, is intolerance of other viewpoints.  Thank you for demonstrating.

Kinda borderline on the pot and the kettle thing, but hey, like Patton said......

(it's in the sig line)  :nana:
Johnny's Herd:

Guns N Rotors

These are Glenn Beck's 9/12 projects' 9 principals.

I strongly agree with all 9 of them.

1. America Is Good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life. 

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government. 

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it. 

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable. 

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion. 

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."