News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Parking at Carlisle

Started by y3chargerrt, March 07, 2009, 07:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

y3chargerrt

I don't know if I'm the only one but I do not want to have to park in that gravel lot near the retro dealership this july. I talked to the events manager at Carlisle Ed Buczeskie (717) 243 7855 ext 131.He says he needs to fill out the lot with 80 or so 69 models.If other 69 owners can call him and tell him they don't want to park there I'm sure Ed won't put us there.Thanks guys..Ron

69_500

I'd park my 69 over there on the gravel lot, but it isn't nice enough for them to have over there close to the dealership.

Hemidoug

I don't want to park over there...Which brings up a question...we getting a tent again this year?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Ghoste

Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2009, 08:52:11 AM
I'd park my 69 over there on the gravel lot, but it isn't nice enough for them to have over there close to the dealership.

I hope very much that when you are finally in a position to buy a Daytona that I'm in a position to buy your 500.  Then it'll belong to someone who really loves it.  :nana:

maxwellwedge

They put the survivors out there 2 years ago and we felt like the forgotten afterthoughts.......meanwhile you get dayclona's and other ....."stuff" in the nice, dust free, dry building while the cars that truly made it against all odds, that everyone uses as an invaluable reference tool got relegated outside the fence.  :rotz:

OK - climbing off my soap box now.

69_500

Jim, which car did you have in the Survivor tent 2 years ago? I spend practically the entire weekend over there with Jerry and Jim with Jim's Daytona and Jerry's HEMI Charger?

Ghoste, if I'm ever in a position to sell the 500 to get a daytona I'll look you up first and offer it to ya. Or better yet, you just go ahead and buy a Daytona and I'll swap you even up. Then we would both be happier right?

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2009, 11:39:22 AM
Jim, which car did you have in the Survivor tent 2 years ago? I spend practically the entire weekend over there with Jerry and Jim with Jim's Daytona and Jerry's HEMI Charger?

Well - It wasn't a Charger.....It wasn't even a Dodge....But it had easy access spark plugs!

http://www.moparaction.com/Article/GTX-CELLENT/GTX-CELLENT.html

Ghoste

Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2009, 11:39:22 AM...buy a Daytona and I'll swap you even up. Then we would both be happier right?

You are probably right my friend.  :lol:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on March 07, 2009, 01:02:37 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2009, 11:39:22 AM...buy a Daytona and I'll swap you even up. Then we would both be happier right?

You are probably right my friend.  :lol:

Hey - You can do the swap at Moparfest and I'll buy you both a German sausage and a beer to mark the ocassion!

Ghoste

Now I just have to figure out where I can steal the money to buy a Daytona. :2guns:

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on March 07, 2009, 01:19:59 PM
Now I just have to figure out where I can steal the money to buy a Daytona. :2guns:

How about Citigroup, AIG, or Bank of America?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

69_500

Hey if you buy one before Moparfest, and wanna swap I'm sure that I'll attend the show. Although I think that Troy would be reading this thread as well, and probably beat me up there to the show.

69_500

Jim, oddly enough I did  take some picture of your GTX as well that weekend. Not a whole lot sorry to say, but I did look at the car.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on March 07, 2009, 03:47:01 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on March 07, 2009, 01:19:59 PM

How about Citigroup, AIG, or Bank of America?

Sure - that way it is leaving your right pocket and going back in to your left.  ;D

Just 6T9 CHGR

Man, parking in the gravel pit wouldn't be for me either :nono:

I did send in pics & the form to be in the '69 dealer this year....didn't receive any word back yet.

Anyone else put in for it?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Chris, I did also.  Still have not heard anything.   What is this gravel pit that everyone is talking about?  Its been about 4 yrs since I was at Carlisle last.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

maxwellwedge

y3chargerrt

Yes the gravel pit next to the retro dealer. Parking there sucks. Its dusty, No place to set up a tent and it feels like your not even at the show. Please anyone who doenst want to part there with a 69 call Ed at Carlisle and let him know we don't want to park there.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: y3chargerrt on March 07, 2009, 11:41:57 PM
Yes the gravel pit next to the retro dealer. Parking there sucks. Its dusty, No place to set up a tent and it feels like your not even at the show. Please anyone who doenst want to part there with a 69 call Ed at Carlisle and let him know we don't want to park there.
I'll call, becuase if I drag my car down there this year, sitting in a dust bowl will not work for me.  I was planning on going, but I ain't parking in a gravel pit.  :rotz:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BrianShaughnessy

My car doesn't belong in the dealer although I can see where being inside or in front would be an honor.

But it's kind of out of the way and I don't think I'll be parking in the gravel pit.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

resq302

Hopefully they have plans to pave it? :shruggy:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

69_500

I think one of the future plans for the gravel area is to pave it, just not something that is going to happen any time soon. Or at least from what I heard when there.

Ah gravel won't kill these cars. They can handle it. Its not like your being asked to do a burnout when on it. And a little dust just wipes right off Rob. Heck even hundred of bugs that get smashed in the grille on my car washed right off with some soap and water.

Chris G.

Quote from: 69_500 on March 08, 2009, 04:03:51 PM
Ah gravel won't kill these cars. They can handle it. Its not like your being asked to do a burnout when on it. And a little dust just wipes right off Rob.

:iagree:  It's not that bad.

However...as much as I love the dealership setup, I do not like the location. It's very far from all the other Chargers and makes it tough for friends to hang out.

The dealership won't be moving in to the fairgrounds anytime soon, so it is what it is. I would be honored to be inside the place and would love to help with setting it up anyway I could. Plus Ed is a great guy who goes above and beyond to make this show a success. He's got :2thumbs: from me.

resq302

Quote from: Chris G. on March 08, 2009, 05:09:51 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on March 08, 2009, 04:03:51 PM
Ah gravel won't kill these cars. They can handle it. Its not like your being asked to do a burnout when on it. And a little dust just wipes right off Rob.

:iagree:  It's not that bad.

However...as much as I love the dealership setup, I do not like the location. It's very far from all the other Chargers and makes it tough for friends to hang out.

The dealership won't be moving in to the fairgrounds anytime soon, so it is what it is. I would be honored to be inside the place and would love to help with setting it up anyway I could. Plus Ed is a great guy who goes above and beyond to make this show a success. He's got :2thumbs: from me.

Chris, I couldn't agree with you more.  Ed is a great guy and I have talked to him a couple times so far this year.  He has some great ideas always trying to make the show go forward for an even better show year after year. 
Brian