News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cloned 500 into Daytona for sale on Moparts

Started by johntpr, March 04, 2009, 12:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 05, 2009, 11:01:00 AM
You should.
The car doesn't look the same without a monkey sitting on it though.  ;D

what REAL parts does this have on it?  steel nose?  fenders?  fender moldings?  wing?  valance panel?

nascarxx29

Believe all of it was real.It was done a longtime ago on the 500 that was in Corning NY on ebay
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

FJMG

Quote from: pettybird on March 05, 2009, 12:36:25 PM
what REAL parts does this have on it?  steel nose?  fenders?  fender moldings?  wing?  valance panel?

That is what I was wondering. Looked like a reg 70 hood to me but who knows.

Aero426

Nose components and wing are all OEM as far as I know.  Was done a long time ago.

It's a decent car.  When I saw it, it was a little musty from sitting around and the paint is getting long in the tooth.  But it's a pretty fair deal for the dollars.   I would not kick it out of the garage for dripping oil.

Daytona2Be

hemi68charger

Quote from: Daytona2Be on March 05, 2009, 01:47:05 PM
Anybody know where the car is located?

Northern or Central California I believe.. On the West Coast I'm pretty sure...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hotrod98

And to think that it used to be right there in you neck of the woods Troy.
Was wrong price, right part of the world and now it's the right price, wrong part of the world.
Come to think of it the car was in my part of the world, Conway, Arkansas, for a while as well when BK first bought it.
I'm broke so it doesn't matter anyway.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nascarxx29

Was alot more back then its a deal now at that price
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,12994.0.html
Re: 1969 charger 500 with wing and nose
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 06:38:06 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best offer I currently have is an Air Force Captain in Colorado who would give me $75K to end the auction now. I told him I wouldn't do that -- and he said the offer was still good at the end of the auction. I've have a lot of calls from people who claim they're interested -- but the car is stalled at $50K right now. It went from $55K to a little over $70K on the last day of the last auction.
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BigBlockSam

QuoteI'm broke so it doesn't matter anyway.  Grin

me too
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

I'm broke in the respect that I refuse to sell any stock with it this low. I'm already pissed at my investment counselor over some stuff from last year.
I'm used to buying what I want...within reason.  :yesnod:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

me too

hey Larry ,one of the best things i ever did was  to take the money out of my retirement and buy that superbee from you . with the stock market tanking the way it has . that money would be gone  :2thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Bug shield C500

Hi Guys!. I haven't had a chance to talk on this board much since I pulled my C500 out of Montana but I check on it from time to time to see what's going on.
This Daytona C500 is stored south of me at a body shop in Oregon by Luck. The owner is in California and in talking to him on the phone he seamed to be a nice guy but very busy. He said the car was in Oregon near Portland and to go take a  look.  Since I work in Portland I figured it would be a easy lunch time quick deal. Boy was I wrong about that, It was about an hour out and made for one long lunch. My  buddy I brought with me wasn't happy but what can you do. I was driving and he had no choice...LOL...
I only spent about an hour with the car. My plane was if I liked the car I would either sell my C500 or My 2 -ebody projects to grab it. After looking at it I am still in contemplation mode about taking either step. I see that there are several people interested in the car so just wanted to share what I found in looking the car over.

First I will say it is a cool car!. A true C500 with a lot of options.
Fender tag is with the owner from what I under stand but this is what I can vouch for. Power windows, A/C, AM/FM stereo, Rear defrost, Six-way seat, Console auto, and Drum brakes.
*The complete nose cone looks to be real and in very nice shape. The top latch tray was cut for the A/C condenser (BUMMER). The head lights buckets lifted up but had no head light assembly's in them and no actuators, lines or harnesses to make lights work. Like I said the nose cone itself looked to be in great shape with no damage from what I could see other then nicks, scratches and maybe a few little dings.
*The fenders had 70 marker light holes filled in. From what I understand the 69 Daytona fenders don't have marker lights punched. The fenders did    have the big hole under the fender scoop with the welded in mess. One fender scoop was missing, lost in transit. The other one looks like a repop anyway, doesn't sit on the fender right.
*Hood, looks to be in good shape but couldn't remember if there is a difference between Daytona hoods and 70 charger hoods.
*Wing looks to be correct factory unit. Solid, sounds hollow and looks to be in good shape.
*Wing braces are home made C-channel.
*Wing Gaskets are home made sheet metal spot welded to the truck lip.

Body:
Car looks straight from the outside.
*Drivers quarter has been replace half way up front to back from what I could tell. 1/4 inch step between panels visible from inside trunk. Not sure what this could mean for bondo.
*Passenger quarter has had around 6 inches around wheel well replaced in similar faction to driver's side.
*Trunk lid looked decent
*Tail panel had some rust bubbles popping up.
*The truck had a lot of stuff in it but I didn't see any big holes, just the usual scale.
*Inside the car the carpet was removed. Cloth seat inserts sown over full vinyl seats and hard to the touch. Dash looked average. Decent for driver but need full replacement on a restoration.
*Floor pan bothered me. Didn't see any rust holes but has been repainted and been repaired and patched in several places. Also something going on with the tunnel that didn't looks right, bad repair or big dents.
*Windshield cracked but all other glass looked good.
*Car had been repainted and strip is painted on.

Over all this car would be a good driver the way it is with a little bit of work on the inside to make it comfortable. If you want to restore it, it's going to be a lot of work like the rest of them but you do get some cool Daytona nose and wing parts. I did not drive the car or even start it.
I also didn't have a camera with me so no pictures.

I guess my question is what is a Daytona nose and wing worth? and what is a C500 without a nose that needs to be restored worth?
I would still like to buy this car but if someone else gets it I will be happy for them!!!

Any one want to buy a 70 440-6 shaker cuda project (major project) and a 70 challenger R/T 383 4-speed car (minor project) and maybe a few others to get to 39k...LOL.... 
I hope this info helps

1969 charger 500 bugshield addition
1970 cuda 446-6 hole in the hood
1973 charger se 400
1973 sportman van 12 passanger (wife hates this one)

BigBlockSam

thak you for sharing with us . i too have been thinking about going to see this car . Rene

69_500

Thanks for sharing the information Elliot. Side note I haven't forgotten about your bugshield car either. I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off for the past few months, but I will get you that other information on your 500 that you already have.

gts95

Not sure if this was already posted but the car sold at $35k with a Buy It Now on Ebay on March 25th.  Sounds like someone got a really good deal on a real C500......

FJ5WING

for some reason I dont think youll be seeing it as a C500 ever again. :shruggy:
wingless now, but still around.