News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hello from Australia

Started by ozziemoparnut, March 02, 2009, 12:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: d/ur/t on March 03, 2009, 01:55:13 AM
Quote from: ozziemoparnut on March 02, 2009, 07:39:34 PM
Quote from: grdprx on March 02, 2009, 02:29:21 AM
G'day mate!   :cheers:

My brother lives in Adelaide, where abouts are you?  Welcome to the site, 68's are the best!   :icon_smile_big:

I am at the opposite end of the country in stinking hot good for nothing Darwin  :flame:

Adelaide we call it bandit country or Mexico :icon_smile_big: is not a bad place some good Aussie & American muscle cars down there

start with hemi6pack.com and ask for advice there,there is a few guys that have imported already and used valuers reporter and importsers to get the car in.The valuers are a must as they detail the condition of the car with as many as 100 pictures and basically say yes or no.

welcome aboard you sure you don't want a 70 go on you know you want to.

cheers

Thanks for that info very handy to have  :cheers: I will check out hemi6pack.com and see what info I can get from there, on the 70's models I appreciate them all and may look to other year but going to exhaust all avenues before
I go down that road its something about that front end that I just cannot get past still love them all but to 68-69 is the sh!t  :icon_smile_cool: 

C500

Quote from: ozziemoparnut on March 03, 2009, 02:32:16 AM
Quote from: Kiwi68 on March 03, 2009, 02:03:53 AM
theres another 68 here in NZ for sale link

I forgot to reply to you before you have some sweet toys there mate :2thumbs:

Thank for the reply and info provided that is the sort of vehicle I am after can i ask how hard the process was to get your 68 over here from NZ??? It is a place I have always thought would be a good source for these things but never knew where to look over there

Was pretty easy for me being the seller. I just made sure the paperwork was in order and the car was transported to the shippers. The buyer arranged the shipping and the rest. Car only takes 3 days on the water. Good luck!
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

71 Bee Man

My brother lives in Adelaide, where abouts are you?  Welcome to the site, 68's are the best!   :icon_smile_big:

I am at the opposite end of the country in stinking hot good for nothing Darwin  :flame:

Adelaide we call it bandit country or Mexico :icon_smile_big: is not a bad place some good Aussie & American muscle cars down there

Mate, onlt that it's an incredibly long hike for you, I'd say you should get yourself to Chrysler On The Murray. 14th and 15th March. Albury/Wodonga. They usually get around 500 Mopars and heaps of American stuff.

I'll be taking my Bee along. :2thumbs:

Peter
Sydney, Australia.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

d/ur/t

Quote from: ozziemoparnut on March 03, 2009, 02:36:30 AM

start with hemi6pack.com and ask for advice there,there is a few guys that have imported already and used valuers reporter and importsers to get the car in.The valuers are a must as they detail the condition of the car with as many as 100 pictures and basically say yes or no.

cheers

Thanks for that info very handy to have  :cheers: I will check out hemi6pack.com and see what info I can get from there, on the 70's models I appreciate them all and may look to other year but going to exhaust all avenues before
I go down that road its something about that front end that I just cannot get past still love them all but to 68-69 is the sh!t  :icon_smile_cool: 

Dood bid away these old girls come along once every 4  to 5 years.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dodge-Charger-68-383BB_W0QQitemZ120385483552QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item120385483552&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318
cheers.

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

FlatbackFanatic

Welcome! good luck in your search. :cheers:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: d/ur/t on March 03, 2009, 07:56:48 AM
Quote from: ozziemoparnut on March 03, 2009, 02:36:30 AM

cheers

Dood bid away these old girls come along once every 4  to 5 years.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dodge-Charger-68-383BB_W0QQitemZ120385483552QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item120385483552&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318
cheers.

Thanks for the link that is a decent looking car probably one of the better examples I have seen for sale over here but I thinks its too good for my customised plans  :icon_smile_big: I couldn't kill such a nice example  :angel:  

Khyron

Welcome and

good day

gooday

gaday

How do I type it? ;) Admit it, the accent gets the chicks :)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

grdprx

:rofl:  Right on Khryon!

I actually used to live in Darwin when I was like 3!   :cheers:

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: Khyron on March 03, 2009, 07:11:53 PM
Welcome and

good day

gooday

gaday

How do I type it? ;) Admit it, the accent gets the chicks :)

HAHAHAHA when abroad it does you some favours I must admit but here its only good with tourists  ;)

The funny thing is no-one that I know actually says G'day mate if we do say its more to take the piss out of it than anything else, Australian's love taking the piss out of anything especially ourselves  :icon_smile_big:   

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: grdprx on March 03, 2009, 08:05:25 PM
:rofl:  Right on Khryon!

I actually used to live in Darwin when I was like 3!   :cheers:

Thats pretty freaky  :o  you are lucky you got out any adverse effects from you time here  :smilielol:

deputycrawford

Hello Ozzie and others. I have a 69 I drive once in awhile. I just did kinda the opposite. I just bought a daily driver, a 2009 Holden Commodore SSV. We know the car as the Pontiac G8. I called JHP Performance Enhancements and had all the emblems shipped to convert it back to the Holden. I have the Bonnet and fascia en route next. Then its back to Mopars. I do love Mopars and hope to see you add a couple to the site here. Good luck with your find.

Jerry
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Matthan

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: deputycrawford on March 05, 2009, 11:28:24 AM
     Hello Ozzie and others. I have a 69 I drive once in awhile. I just did kinda the opposite. I just bought a daily driver, a 2009 Holden Commodore SSV. We know the car as the Pontiac G8. I called JHP Performance Enhancements and had all the emblems shipped to convert it back to the Holden. I have the Bonnet and fascia en route next. Then its back to Mopars. I do love Mopars and hope to see you add a couple to the site here. Good luck with your find.

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Funny that you you are turning it into a Holden some people do the opposite over here and order the G8 parts to change the Holden to a Pontiac or put Chevy badges on them due to the engines, if you are after cheap genuine Holden parts check these guys out: http://www.holmart.com.au/ they have some great deals on HSV/Holden parts  :cheers:

deputycrawford

Thanks Ozzie. I will look at the web site. I am almost complete. I just need the bonnet and fascia. My car is black on black. I really like this car.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

d/ur/t

Quote from: deputycrawford on March 05, 2009, 11:28:24 AM

Jerry

You guys sure know how to make a car ugly.Not that the base was anything to crow about but fair dinkem it's a shocker now.

I do like how reece the drifter has claimed it as American funny as.The truth be known imho you can have the lot fugly to your hearts content. lol

cheers