News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hello from Australia

Started by ozziemoparnut, March 02, 2009, 12:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozziemoparnut

Hi All,

new to the site well have been lurking around for sometime but finally decided to sign up  :2thumbs:

Love my Chargers mad on 68 models still trying to purchase a decent example as they are few and far between over here and the ones that are here are either over priced or not worth paying good $$$ for  :brickwall:

If I have posted this in the wrong area I am sure the mods will sort it otherwise just wanted to say G'day 

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69 charger 500

welcome bro glad to have another fan glad to see another second gen lover as you can tell im a 69 guy but im sure a few of us here on site can help with your 68 delema  :2thumbs: only proplem is shipping charges :brickwall: unless you convince them to pay :D anyway hope you enjoy your stay here make sure to talk to the guys (and few ladies) be talking to you again soon :coolgleamA:

mikesbbody

captnsim

grdprx

G'day mate!   :cheers:

My brother lives in Adelaide, where abouts are you?  Welcome to the site, 68's are the best!   :icon_smile_big:

71 Bee Man

Quote from: ozziemoparnut on March 02, 2009, 12:01:59 AM
Hi All,

new to the site well have been lurking around for sometime but finally decided to sign up  :2thumbs:

Love my Chargers mad on 68 models still trying to purchase a decent example as they are few and far between over here and the ones that are here are either over priced or not worth paying good $$$ for  :brickwall:

If I have posted this in the wrong area I am sure the mods will sort it otherwise just wanted to say G'day 

Another Aussie in Chargerland - excellent. :icon_smile_big:

I'm a 3rd Gen man myself, but glad to meet any Aussie Mopar owners....especially Charger lovers. :2thumbs:

Peter
Sydney, Australia.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger Downunder

Hi keep looking my cousin sold his 68 rt last year for $75,000.
You may be best to import one.
[/quote]

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

triple_green

What are you looking for? A fininshed "stock restoration", or one to modify or "Hot Rod", or a "fixer upper". Price can vary wildly depending on how much work is already done. What motor, trans, etc.

Good Luck

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

bigred68

Welcome!! Enjoy!! and Hi! :wave:

C500

Welcome to the forum  :cheers:

I just sold my 68 that will arrive in Sydney from NZ.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

mauve66

i know you said 68 but their is a guy on www.66-67charger.com that just got a 66-67 sent over to the land down under, might look him up and let him tell you the things he went through with shipping and inspections, seems like they are pretty harsh out there on old vehicles, oh yeah, welcome also
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

69*F5*SE

400/6/PAC

ozziemoparnut

Thanks to all for the responses good to see a friendly bunch of people on here  :2thumbs:

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: 69 charger 500 on March 02, 2009, 12:16:10 AM
welcome bro glad to have another fan glad to see another second gen lover as you can tell im a 69 guy but im sure a few of us here on site can help with your 68 delema  :2thumbs: only proplem is shipping charges :brickwall: unless you convince them to pay :D anyway hope you enjoy your stay here make sure to talk to the guys (and few ladies) be talking to you again soon :coolgleamA:

The shipping does add some cost app 2.5k usd so its not that bad, I gotta say I love the 69's as well and one would be easier for me to purchase over here than a 68 and I may go to one if I cannot get what I want in a 68  ;D 

ozziemoparnut

Another Aussie in Chargerland - excellent. :icon_smile_big:

I'm a 3rd Gen man myself, but glad to meet any Aussie Mopar owners....especially Charger lovers. :2thumbs:

Peter
Sydney, Australia.

Good to see a fellow aussie on here  :cheers: you maybe able to help me here do you know of any decent 68's that are for sale or could be for sale with the right offer ????? 

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: triple_green on March 02, 2009, 11:48:38 AM
What are you looking for? A fininshed "stock restoration", or one to modify or "Hot Rod", or a "fixer upper". Price can vary wildly depending on how much work is already done. What motor, trans, etc.

Good Luck

3X

Hi there, Honestly I want to build 2 (not greedy or anything) a factory exact and a modified one with pro tourer style suspension (like XV or Magnum) customised interior and a balls out 528 Alloy Hemi, 727 & Dana but she has gotta look stock on the outside we call them sleepers over here  :coolgleamA:

I will start with the customised one as I have friends that can assist with the fab work etc so what I really need is a good straight driveable car with no major rust in the body and a good trunk lid & complete good cond grille, I am not to stressed about factory options & drivetrains as most of it will be removed anyway but I want a good sound car to start with as i want to drive the beast and appreciate it for what it is before I go and modify it  :icon_smile_wink:   

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: grdprx on March 02, 2009, 02:29:21 AM

My brother lives in Adelaide, where abouts are you?  Welcome to the site, 68's are the best!   :icon_smile_big:

I am at the opposite end of the country in stinking hot good for nothing Darwin  :flame:

Adelaide we call it bandit country or Mexico :icon_smile_big: is not a bad place some good Aussie & American muscle cars down there

d/ur/t

Quote from: ozziemoparnut on March 02, 2009, 07:39:34 PM
Quote from: grdprx on March 02, 2009, 02:29:21 AM

I am at the opposite end of the country in stinking hot good for nothing Darwin  :flame:

Adelaide we call it bandit country or Mexico :icon_smile_big: is not a bad place some good Aussie & American muscle cars down there

start with hemi6pack.com and ask for advice there,there is a few guys that have imported already and used valuers reporter and importsers to get the car in.The valuers are a must as they detail the condition of the car with as many as 100 pictures and basically say yes or no.

welcome aboard you sure you don't want a 70 go on you know you want to.

cheers

C500

theres another 68 here in NZ for sale link
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: Kiwi68 on March 03, 2009, 02:03:53 AM
theres another 68 here in NZ for sale link

I forgot to reply to you before you have some sweet toys there mate :2thumbs:

Thank for the reply and info provided that is the sort of vehicle I am after can i ask how hard the process was to get your 68 over here from NZ??? It is a place I have always thought would be a good source for these things but never knew where to look over there