News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would you trust Autozone or O'Reillys?

Started by 73TXRallye440, February 22, 2009, 10:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73TXRallye440

I need to go get a good aftermarket water temp gauge-- would you trust either of these two stores to sell a quality product or would you order one online? I just dont want some low-grade cheap thing ill have to replace again soon.

The70RT

Quote from: 73TXRallye440 on February 22, 2009, 10:14:17 AM
I need to go get a good aftermarket water temp gauge-- would you trust either of these two stores to sell a quality product or would you order one online? I just dont want some low-grade cheap thing ill have to replace again soon.

Did you go to the web sites to see what brand they sell?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

73TXRallye440

Quote from: The70RT on February 22, 2009, 10:27:01 AM
Quote from: 73TXRallye440 on February 22, 2009, 10:14:17 AM

Did you go to the web sites to see what brand they sell?

navigating it right now. :cheers:

Mean 318

73TXRallye440

well autozone's site is useless. they force you to enter your car's specs then tell you 'sorry we do not have any parts available for that car'

AKcharger

Sure, why not? of course i'd limit my purchases to wiper baldes, starts that sort of thing

RD

why dont you gimme a holler.  i am a store manager in training for O'Reilly autoparts.

and yes, I would trust me wholeheartedly :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

jaak

AutoZone sells Autometer and Sunpro Gauges around here

Jason

TruckDriver

I don't like Autozone at all. I use Advance Auto for everything.

http://www.advanceautoparts.com/
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

73TXRallye440

Quote from: RD on February 22, 2009, 11:44:30 PM
why dont you gimme a holler.  i am a store manager in training for O'Reilly autoparts.

and yes, I would trust me wholeheartedly :D

awesome bud, congrats.

Tell me about those Equos (spelling?) gauges

69charger2002

around here O'reilly is #1, auto zone a distant 2nd, and advance, well we won't even go there. they rarely even have fuel filters in stock, i wouldn't go there if you paid ME
auto zone and o'reilly both have water temp gauges that are accurate and dependable. i've had some over 10 years. travis
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

chargerkid01

Never been to an Oreillys but we have autozone #1 Advanced #2 and napa #3.

BROCK

I suppose the numerical order in the lists is customer satisfaction rating! 

None of them can mess up aftermarket gauges, oil, air filters & the like. 
So, I just go for the best price.  Now remanufactured parts...I just try
to get a kit n do it myself.  It's a crapshoot with all of them.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

chargerkid01

You are right the list on mine is how I prefer to go!!

jdiesel33

Seems to me in my limited experience, that O'Reilley's generally has a better selection and more knowledgable employees.  :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Foreman72

anyone look @ pep boy's?  :shruggy:

any of these companies can probably order whatever part you want...i dunno...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Finn

Lol pep boys....

After the fun of stumping them with actual parts I needed (they didnt know what a universal joint was)wore off, I started making things up to see if they would actually go look for it (headlight fluid for example, and yes...they did). ::)
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Old Moparz

I miss the small, independently owned, auto parts stores.  ::)

There was one near where I lived in NJ that was great. The owner was behind the counter, & he had a machine shop in the back. His wife delivered the parts to the repair shops. Anytime I went there, I never got the wrong part for my car. Some places will give you the wrong crap 2 or 3 times. The guy was a real gear head & would stop working to talk about cars with me all the time. I had to make sure when I went there I wasn't in a rush or he'd talk my ear off & I'd be late.  :lol:

One day a large auto parts chain offered him a ton of money for his shop & he was gone. Of course the big chain store never opened a shop there, they only wanted to buy up the competition.  ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Troy

O'Reilley's seems to be new here in Ohio but, so far, I've had great luck with them. They had a power brake booster when I got stranded in the 68 last year at Monster Mopar. I used to buy from Autozone regularly but I went to get a trans seal for the Cummins last week and, not only did the computer offer transmissions that were never available, there were 9 different seals and the guy behind the counter didn't know the difference between a seal and a bearing. I walked into the O'Reilley's next door and came out 5 minutes later with the seal I needed for $3 less.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chatt69chgr

All the independent folks that ran stores here are gone.  Too bad.  Those folks knew what they were talking about.  As far as Oreillys, Autozone and Advance-----each sells some good parts.  You just have to see what brand they have first----and compare prices.  As far as Pep Boys is concerned:  they used to be real good but went down hill.  I have heard they are supposedly trying to build their parts business up again.  We will see.  I like to check Rock Auto online.  I have ordered a lot of stuff from them.  Not real convenient to have to send anything back though.  But there really is no one best place.

moparstuart

We mainly use oreilly's here for my mechanical shop .  But we have commercial account with NAPA and Oriellys and Car quest.  Oriellys delivers and is the closest and fastest.  Napa is the best quality and most professional , but also the most expensive .  Car quest is the last resort  LOL

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE