News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cincinnati Craigslist SCAM charger

Started by 451-74Charger, February 20, 2009, 10:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

451-74Charger

Dodge Charger R/T #s MATCHING 440 - $4500 (cincinnati )

Ad looked awsome, a #'s matching 70 440 RT for only 4500
Had to be too good to be real, so I did a little play along.
Is this anyone's car here?

Obvious SCAM reply

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, been real busy with work.
I think I covered everything in my ad, but again this is a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T #s MATCHING 440, with clear title, 72,140 miles on it, 8 Cylinder and automatic transmission. Very clean inside and out. The price I want for it is $4,500. I took an exceptional care of this vehicle and the buyer of the car will be very happy with it. The VIN is XS29UOG248958.

View pics here : <link removed due to malicious code>

The transaction will be closed only through a 3rd party and this way we will both be protected. My time is limited due to my job, so I decided to use the Vehicle Purchase Protection Program offered by eBay Inc. They handle all the paperwork and collection of selling price, and will hold the payment until you verify the car is as described and want to keep it. I have already enrolled and paid all the necessary fees.
To begin the transaction I'll need your full name and shipping address.

Look how the program work:

1. I will forward the details of our transaction to the eBay Security Program.
2. They will process the paperwork and will email you the Payment Invoice and the transaction details.
3. You will have to submit the payment, as instructed to one of the eBay agents.
4. The payment will be verified and if everything is OK, I will ship the car to your place on my cost.
The car will be shipped insured to your location with DAS ( Dependable Auto Shippers ).
5. After you receive it, you will have 5 days to inspect and test drive the car.
6. If you accept the vehicle by confirming to eBay, they will send me the payment for the car. They
will then FedEx overnight the signed title to you. If you decide to NOT accept the vehicle for any
reason, they will refund your full payment price within 48 hours. They will then make the necessary
arrangement to have the car picked back up by the vehicle transport company.
Please let me know your position, I have many potential buyers for the car.

P.S : Please don't forget to send your full name and shipping address if you are interested to buy so I can open a transaction at eBay for our sale.

CB

:icon_smile_dissapprove:

I don't understand the fact those people can live with themself when they succeed in their scam.
(--> BK threat)
Are people that unscrupulous?  :rotz:

Makes me sad...
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Ghoste

teamroth

I think it's the same person everytime. Twice now on 2 different cars I've gotten the same type of responses. Last one was a 70 Barracuda, lady said she won it in the divorce, and the 68 charger said the husband died, nice. Karma is a bitch, and it will come back around someday.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

hotrod98

What happens when you want to come by and look at the car? I would never buy a car sight unseen. I've had a few friends do that and they were burned each time...badly.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

teamroth

They are very adamant about a third party handling the sale, you can't look at the car, the deal is you give them the money, and then a transport company is supposed to call you with delivery info.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

captnsim

This is a common scam on CL. They use a wide variaty of cars and trucks priced low. With this same format.   

AKcharger

But wait, you can't loose! look ebay will refund you money if you don't like it for any reason!

6. If you accept the vehicle by confirming to eBay, they will send me the payment for the car. They
will then FedEx overnight the signed title to you. If you decide to NOT accept the vehicle for any
reason, they will refund your full payment price within 48 hours. They will then make the necessary
arrangement to have the car picked back up by the vehicle transport company.
Please let me know your position, I have many potential buyers for the car.

mauve66

and the seller will only get 3500 dollars due to "shipping it at my expense".............. where do i send the money :sarcasmalert:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Tilar

Sounds just like an ad for a Bobcat Skidloader that someone in Tennesee had for sale. It was a 2006 with like 1200 hours on it and he wanted $3500, but he couldn't take the time for me to drive to tennesee to look at it. Same 3rd party crap, only I think he said something like Yahoo finance or something.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Unreal.. This reminds me of a lady at my work who was contacted by email to "make some extra $$'. All she had to do was cash out company checks through her account. She got to keep 20% off the top and send a MO for the balance. I stopped her before she sent the MO.  :brickwall:

dpm68

QuoteUnreal.. This reminds me of a lady at my work who was contacted by email to "make some extra $$'. All she had to do was cash out company checks through her account. She got to keep 20% off the top and send a MO for the balance. I stopped her before she sent the MO.
Lord god almighty.