News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new member says hi (opdate paint pictures)

Started by hs1973, February 20, 2009, 08:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Welcome to the site Henrik, i spent a month in Denmark in 1978 - at Ulsrup Slot and a week in your capital city of Copenhagen - the journal I kept is entitled "30 days in Denmark or 101 pubs"...  :yesnod:  :cheers:
Anyhow,.. as Regards your friends charger,.. the were no sixpacks after 1971, some were rumored to be built in 1972 but are actually thought to be owner or dealer installed with leftover items...
and so,..  a '73 SE brougham is not even a remote possibility it is a modified car,.. still cool though,.. we'd like to see pics and read details on that one if you can get it/them.
I love your Charger sounds like some cool stuff you have planned but i have doubts about the bumble bee stripe matched with a 318, bumble bee stripes usually mean the car has an engine that's not to be messed with,..
but it's all good, glad your here!  :2thumbs:
  :P wow! getting infected in Mothers whom your next door nabor had sounds kinda' nasty...  :lol:

Ghoste

I'll take exception to the "rumored to be" part Brock because I am fairly certain that three of those cars have been documented and verified.

Brock Samson

Well, I haven't seen the documented info verified so it's simply my understanding,.. to this point...
I would be interested in seeing/learning about them and I am (usually) open to being enlightened.
..just not right now..
I'm kidding with you of course...
  :scratchchin: Can we agree there were no '73 Sixpacks?..  :shruggy:

mikesbbody

Welcome Hendrik, your car looks great! i also have a 72 check out pete's third gen website
http://www.1971-1974dodgecharger.com/
As for 6 pack 73 charger's there were none. There were 2 factory 72 charger's with a 6 pack and 2 Plymouth Road runner's with a 6 pack known to have come out of the factory.

451-74Charger

Welcome to the site,
I was originally from England, but moved to the USA (to be with my car according to the wife).
Enjoy the site and the people here, they will make you very welcome.

400/6/PAC

Welcome Aboard.
Your car is looking great. :2thumbs:
Keep us updated on Your progress.

WingCharger

Rallye

Welcome... Looking forward to seeing the progress on your '72.  :popcrn:   
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

472 R/T SE

Welcome to the Forum.  Nice that you're repainting your '72 back in it's original color.  :2thumbs:
My first Charger was a '72 that had a 400.

73TXRallye440

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hs1973

i found a picture of my buddys 73, the story goes that it was imported to denmark when it was almost new, the owner of the danish crysler import traded a new mercedes for it, the storie goes that it as an executive car that was never sold at any dealership it soposedly belonged to a crysler executives son. my boddy bought it in 1978 at the time it was browm meallic and he claims he bought it with the sixpack set up, he did some things to it in order to race it and its still very fast he stroked it and some other thing adding hideaway headligts from a 72 se. videning rear qarters in order to clear 305 tires. i dont know if its rare or not but he says hes never seen another ´with the 440 six pack like his anywhere not even on the web. as for mine she runs like a dream i will leave it like she is but should it happen that a hemi or a bigblock in the same condition shows up, then i wont say no. but thoes cars are so expensive i wont be able to find the cash. so ill just enjoy mine as is she sounds great and will look great, i know the bumplebee stribe is for cars with real muscle but it looks so good i cant help but put one one mine.

WingCharger

Six Pack engines stopped in 1971 except for 4 illegally built factory Chargers and RoadRunners on the first day of production in '72.

Six Pack Jensen Interceptor engines in England kept going till '73 though. :scratchchin:

Brock Samson

hs1973

maybe somebody added the sixpack before it came here,im not a wizard on numbers and there is no way of knowing for sure,anyway hes happy with it the way it is.im happy with mine even if its just the "small" engine i would of course like a big block or a hemi but thats not possible with wife house and kids.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

autodynamics

hs1973

new pictures i finally got it painted, the painter wants to spray it one more time with clear coat but you can finally se what its going to look like. :cheers:

hs1973

more pictures my rear valance with homemade cutouts for tailpipes

hs1973

the color is as close to original as possible and i will ad a black vinyl top and bumplebee stripe. man im exited

dodgecharger-fan

Shiny!

I love the colour, too.

hs1973

yea it almost looks like he dippede it in glass, it has been worth waiting for.

Charger74

Very Nice Henrik.  That is going to look very nice.

Foreman72

thats a pretty sweet color there...nice job on the valance btw... :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

hs1973

thanks alot i hope to get it back from paint tomorow, then she will go to have the vinnyl top fitted. its almost spring so im in a hurry to get it done.here i denmark we have speciel insurence for old cars (35 years or older) its very cheap in premium but you can only drive it from marts 15 to oktober 15,sothe season is startng and my car is not ready.bummer but at least she vill be nice this summer. :drool5: