News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BULLRUN 2 - Veiwer Thread **BEWARE - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**

Started by TruckDriver, February 19, 2009, 10:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

What a bunch of crybabies.  Shame that thread is now closed.

The link is provided at the top of this page, in a previous post by Tufcat.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

SuperCharger

From what I read on another site(not sure if it's completely true) the dart was doing production shots for the crew when it wrecked? which is why someone said there was no video of the dart wrecking. I had heard the producers had him driving backwards and he hooked the tire and flipped it. sucks. in rebuilding the car it looks kinda cobbled together anyways I mean the overspray is crazy looks like the green paintjob at least was done as quickly as possible.

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

Sorry I've been so quite lately, it's just in the past 6 months I've had A LOT of stuff going on both with business and with family. Aside from doing my stuff for MR. ANGRY INC. myself and some partners have also started our own road rally for charity for this year call the MOTHER LODE RALLY: http://www.motherloderally.com. Because of this I've been kind of quiet on the Bullrun front and have only done weekly blogs for cardomain.com on the subject.

Season II of Bullrun of is simply "ok" in my opinion, they had a MUCH smaller budget and I don't like the new format. I think it started off slow and was such until Thurs. episode when all of the accidents took place. Keep in mind that all the crashes make for great TV but personally, it makes me worry. Also understand that the producers will portray you in a light that they deem fitting of ratings. You can be the nicest guys in the world, but if they need drama they will spin anything you say, do or imply to negatively impact you. We (myself & Jim) were very fortunate as we came out ok in the first Season. But watch what happens now... the show is now in need of new bad guys since Team Evo is gone so they will spin other teams to fill that role, my guess is Team Avalanche will be the new bad boys.

As what happened in the last episode... well... I think both accidents were a combination of production and driver error. Keep in mind that all the challenges that being done are in fact "stunts". These are not things people would do on a daily basis in their own cars and no one there, aside from the stunt coordinator is a stunt driver. Now, are the participants shown and walked through the challenges ahead of time - the answer is YES. HOWEVER - are they aware of EVERYTHING around them?... in my opinion, no. Also keep in mind that you are competing here. There is money on the line and your adrenaline is pumping like crazy so it is very hard to pull back the reigns and be calm and composed because you want to win.

Season I example - I blew the rear in the Charger while doing donuts which was a dumb move on my part, BUT you get excited and want to show off. Team BMW thought he blew the motor in the M3 for the same reason... you feel great if you win and at the end to a victory dance of some sort. Team Evo and Dart did the same thing. Evo just didn't have the driving skills necessary, got over confident and crashed - HOWEVER - he may or may not have been shown the surrounding terrain before hand and that may have kept him for hitting the cement barricade, I simply don't know.

What I do know is that what happened on thurs. was simply DANGEROUS. Both were VERY BAD accidents that could have resulted serious injury and that is what scares me about this season - it's reckless. Yes it makes for great TV, but at whose expense? Not the shows as the contestants sign their life away before going on the show, so with that being said, only the people with the most to lose, lose the most... in this case if was EVO and Dart.

General_01

I agree with Mike. The producers are not there for the competitors. They are there to make the most exciting show they can to get the ratings. Drama and conflict do that. They also try to make the challenges exciting and they know they have the competitors in a box. The competitors have already signed away their right to compensation for injury and car repairs. Most have went through lengthy interviews and have travelled pretty far to be on the show. After doing all that just to get on the show to win a good chunk of cash, who is going to say no to any kind of challenge the producers throw at you? Manipulation at its finest.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

1970Moparmann

Did you guys see that it takes $20k to be a part of this!  I always thought a cool run would be get a crap load of Muscle Cars and do a RT 66 run.... Any takers?? 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

BlueSS454

I just read some of the Evo site threads....what a bunch of asshats.
Tom Rightler

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Go Hogs Go

IMO the producers of the show should line up some kind of insurance policy for the participates to take out in case of such an incident at a minimum. Should these folks get hung with the cost of replacing or repairing their vehicles while the production company and the network make millions? IMO no.

I was watching an episode of Pinks All Out where Rich made a bad call on a race due to being in a hurry. At the end of the episode they showed a network guy from Speed and Rich's crew talking about the incident. They awarded the winning racer 10K, AND the guy that was screwed because Rich messed up. That was one of the most stand up things I've ever seen out of a Network.

I find it hard to believe that Speed can't afford to do the right thing here, and if it's true they won't help these folks out then stop doing the show! Are they just wanting people to tear their sh*t up in the name of TV? I'll keep my Charger parked and get my 1976 Ford Thunderbird ready to roll and crash through anything they want me too if that's the case. Team EVO was a couple of screw ups, and I'm glad they are gone. However, those concrete footings took out TWO cars. That proves to me it's not all the teams fault. Shame on Speed if both of these teams get the shaft while they profit. :down:

Go to www.Bullrun.com if you want to voice your opinions. The producers do Q&A on their forums after each episode.
Go Hogs!

69bronzeT5

SO.....get this. The show made it seem like they crashed the Dart foolishly doing donuts right? Well...WRONG. Here's what Tony said.

"Ok, so here's the scoop. Yea my pop's made a HUGE mistake... and he still feels bad about it, you guys should have seen him at the time. And he didn't go run the Challenge again immediately after we finished, we hung out for a minute, and then the Production crew had told him to go run it again, just for some better camera angles, etc. He did it again, and coming back he got a little too sideways, over corrected, and then hit a concrete curb that started at about 3" and slightly got higher to about 36"."
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

I'm starting to not like this season because of the production values. First they make it look like Team Dart were screwing around, then they say Team Evo didn't get hurt but read this (on the Evo forums):

"I am not going to talk about it much more than I have. Lets just say they failed massively in stunt coordination and we could have died because of it...Both Chris and I were injured...We trusted them to keep us safe and that was our failure."

"Bullrun producers and stunt coordinator failed to allow me to inspect the other side of the chain-link fence we barrelled through. We were told to carry as much speed as we could. We were never warned of the obstacles to avoid. Little did we know that there was a dirt mound that would launch the car and a concrete block that would destroy the car...To this day I haven't received my car back from the Bullrun producers."

:rotz: :rotz: :rotz:

TUFCAT

Cody. I don't know much about the Dart accident (because we didn't see it on TV).  I'm also pretty sure nobody from SpeedTV told the Evo guys "if you go off course you can risk hitting that concrete pad over there".  Frankly, I don't think anyone saw it because it was probably 100 yards off the course and so well hidden by the tall grass.

With that being said, the Evo douches were driving WAY TO FAST AND LOST CONTROL through the gate.  What if they hit a camera man....or a crew vehicle?  What if?? .....what if??? ..... what if???  They put themselves in more danger than Speed TV did.  In fact, they should be thanking SpeedTV for making them wear helmets. Without, both guys could have been seriously injured.

Bottom line is: they were driving like idiots. The probability of them not wrecking the car would be much greater if they paid attention to the rules, and drove the car within their capabilities.   

Its a bad assumption to think these stunts are safe. Nobody should ever assume that. There's a hell of a lot of risk involved, and the drivers should take it more seriously.  Its unfair to say "SpeedTV has a responsibility of keeping me safe" when rules are not followed. In this case, it looks like both drivers broke some rules.

69bronzeT5

True but something is fishy with the making of the show IMO. Why haven't they given the car back to Jason but the guys got their Dart back? And why are they trying to cover up what happened. That explains why they only showed picture stills of the Dart crash....because they lied about what happened.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: NYCMille on March 14, 2009, 11:05:33 AM
Also understand that the producers will portray you in a light that they deem fitting of ratings. You can be the nicest guys in the world, but if they need drama they will spin anything you say, do or imply to negatively impact you.

It didn't mean as much hearing the Evo boys say the above but it carries a little more weight coming from Mike I guess.  :shruggy:

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Go Hogs Go

Good read. The kids got a good outlook on the situation.
Go Hogs!

SuperCharger

I'm not to happy with the way the kid talks about abodies. thats the same attitude people used to have to b bodies and e bodies.

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 16, 2009, 09:15:46 PM
Why haven't they given the car back to Jason but the guys got their Dart back?

Probably because Jason hasn't made arrangements and paid to have his car shipped home.

Jason said in one of his posts that his car is sitting exactly where he left it.

I wonder how much he still owes the bank on the Evo.

TruckDriver

Team Camaro....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

I LOVE that car!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChgrSteve67

Glad to see the Dart is still in the competition.

Fun to see the Camero in a challenge but sorry to see them go.

71ChallengeHer

True but something is fishy with the making of the show IMO. Why haven't they given the car back to Jason but the guys got their Dart back? And why are they trying to cover up what happened. That explains why they only showed picture stills of the Dart crash....because they lied about what happened.
Cody, He was under contract to stay in a hotel until the show was done being shot. Because he was eliminated. Instead he left and went home. He broke his contract. So I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that. Plus he even said they offered to buy him another car and he turned them down. He's an idiot.

TUFCAT

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 19, 2009, 10:26:01 PM
Cody, He was under contract to stay in a hotel until the show was done being shot. Because he was eliminated. Instead he left and went home. He broke his contract. So I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that. Plus he even said they offered to buy him another car and he turned them down. He's an idiot.

Finally! ...Someone who actually agrees with me on this stuff! :cheers: Thanks Jackie!  :2thumbs:

Regarding Jason Brockhoft from Team Evo :coocoo:, its pretty obvioius he has some "issues". :shortbus:

TruckDriver

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 19, 2009, 11:11:29 PM

Finally! ...Someone who actually agrees with me on this stuff! :cheers: Thanks Jackie!  :2thumbs:

Regarding Jason Brockhoft from Team Evo :coocoo:, its pretty obvioius he has some "issues". :shortbus:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69bronzeT5

Oh okay. I didn't see the part about the other car. He's an idiot then for turning them down.

On another note, I have NO idea why Avalanche put Camaro in the challenge. They should of put a more rival team in it. :rotz:

TruckDriver

Welllllll................................. That Sucks!!! :brickwall: :icon_smile_dissapprove:
PETE