News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bird clone in canada

Started by BPTRacing, February 17, 2009, 12:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPTRacing

There was a bird clone a Hemi motor on ebay in december - can't remember who had it. anyone remember - I think I can finally swing the deal if I can find the guy

Scott
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

nascarxx29

Have you tried searching completed auctions on ebay with key words superbird etc.Or sellers I.D
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

sound5262

are you sure it wasn't a daytona clone in canada? it was @59k as i remember . i was considering buying that one myself.

BPTRacing

NEVER MIND!

Found him  :2thumbs:

I had tried to contact him through e-bay, but did not get a response for several days. He finally got back to me. So now if I can just get the deal closed on selling my funny car, I will be MUCH further along in my clone project! I will also be having a sale on the Janak parts I already have acquired!

SCott

moparstuart

Quote from: BPTRacing on February 17, 2009, 02:11:39 PM
NEVER MIND!

Found him  :2thumbs:

I had tried to contact him through e-bay, but did not get a response for several days. He finally got back to me. So now if I can just get the deal closed on selling my funny car, I will be MUCH further along in my clone project! I will also be having a sale on the Janak parts I already have acquired!

SCott
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  keep us updated would love to see pictures
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Didn't you say that you have a Cuda funny car? Any pics to share with us? 
Some of the board members have owned funny cars over the years.
I owned Dickie Harrell's 69 Camaro funny car and Howie had a Charger funny car a few years ago.
Sure wish that I had kept mine.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BPTRacing

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 17, 2009, 05:20:05 PM
Didn't you say that you have a Cuda funny car? Any pics to share with us? 
Some of the board members have owned funny cars over the years.
I owned Dickie Harrell's 69 Camaro funny car and Howie had a Charger funny car a few years ago.
Sure wish that I had kept mine.

My Cuda Funny car has had a rough life. It was last raced at an NHRA top Alcohol event by a Jim Greer in 1989

It got a new chassis in 1995 and was used for a short time as a bracket car with a BB chevy motor. The body got removed and the chassis raced as a 23 t-bucket. The body was stored outside, got picked up off the trailer and into a tree by a tornado. I purchased the body only as a garage decoration. In 1999 I was offered the chance to buy the T-bucket, which I did. I sold the T-bucket and sent the cuda out to be re-certified. It certified for 4.50 sportsman so I took it to a body shop to get the side repaired and have it stripped of the 13 layers of way-too-much-metal-flake paint. The bodyman used the deposit to purchase drugs from an undercover police officer, the car was impounded with everything else in the shop. Got it back a year later (no title - hard to prove ownership). He apparently had time to strip most of the paint off with a grinder rather than a sander, leaving the top coat a complete mess. Has been sitting in my garage ever since.

First pic - 1989
Second - in the background of a recent photo
Third - bird clone from E-Bay

hotrod98

Way cool collectible.
I tried to buy a funny car body a few years ago to hang in the rafters. A friend of mine has the funny car body from Cruz Pedregon's first NHRA championship hanging in his shop. Makes a cool conversation piece. Of course, I guess all of the muscle cars stored in my shop might be conversation enough.
I didn't race my funny car. After buying it, I realized that it just wasn't feasible to take that car to a track with just me and my wife. It took a couple of stout guys to lift that old fiberglass body. They were a lot heavier back then. I sold it and bought an ex-top fuel dragster instead. Raced it for several years. Wish I had that one back as well.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams