News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Antifreeze and oil comming out of exhaust ???

Started by ACUDANUT, February 10, 2009, 08:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Firefighter,  I used the 4 plastic plugs to hold the 2 gasket in place. (2 per side). DO you think it will be okay, or should I have put these pugs in first and then the gasket....Man I hate second guessing myself. :brickwall:

firefighter3931

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 12, 2009, 10:43:29 PM
Firefighter,  I used the 4 plastic plugs to hold the 2 gasket in place. (2 per side). DO you think it will be okay, or should I have put these pugs in first and then the gasket....Man I hate second guessing myself. :brickwall:

As long as the manifold sits flush to the cylinder heads with no raised area there will be no issues with sealing.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

ACUDANUT

Okay, I think it will be fine.  Let's hope.  I did flush out the engine with fresh oil.  Man I tell you I had at least a gallon of antifreeze come out of my oil pan.  When I unscrewed the the oil filter, more antifreeze.  I then pulled all plugs out and cranked the engine to get rid of any remaining antifreeze.  Then I installed new plugs (the old ones were about shot anyway) ANYWAY, SO FAR all looks good now though.  :2thumbs:  I will update when I try once again to start it, then I will know for sure....I am waiting on better weather.