News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else ride bikes here???

Started by captnsim, February 08, 2009, 10:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captnsim

skip68

It was fun.  :drool5:  I got like 5 of them.  2 were the watercooled one's and they would hit about 50-55 mph.  :2thumbs:  I know it looks funny but, if you got on one capt. you would love it too.   :yesnod:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: skip68 on February 17, 2009, 10:56:44 PM
Sorry for the delay........ :'( :'( Here is a couple pics. of his old R1 and another pic. of Chuck & our son!  :D

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
Chuck is the big guy ? Right ?  :nana:  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

captnsim

Quote from: skip68 on February 17, 2009, 11:28:19 PM
It was fun.  :drool5:  I got like 5 of them.  2 were the watercooled one's and they would hit about 50-55 mph.  :2thumbs:  I know it looks funny but, if you got on one capt. you would love it to.   :yesnod:
50-55  :o What does the road look like at that speed on one of those...really...50 to 55 mph??? :drool5: Do you remamber what brand???

Is that a 98 R1? Clean looking.  :yesnod:

dads_69

Pocket bikes were a big thing here 10 years or more ago. I forgot about them until seeing those, way cool.
Do you guys remember the Kawasaki 600 or 750 green/white bikes w/the air filter system that hooked up next to the gas tank 1990 to 1993 style?
I remember Yamaha made a Zinger or something like that also red/white 50 cc. that was street legal also.

I almost bought one years ago but I was to late.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

skip68

50mph is fast down there.  :yesnod:   Yes, that was a 98.  I loved the color combo too.  I got it for a track bike but it was to nice to hammer on.   The watercooled pocketbike's are Blata.  :scratchchin:  I think that was the name.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

Ninja ZX750R I think is the bike you are talking about.  I've got a few pictures of one of those somewhere too.  :icon_smile_big:  Yamaha made the YSR50 mini street bikes and I think they made a 80cc too.  :shruggy:

captnsim

Yeah I think that was a ZX750r too.  Now...how do I explain to the wife I need a pocket bike...  :shruggy:  :scratchchin:

skip68

YOU DON'T !    :icon_smile_big:  You bring it home, then explain.   :yesnod:  If it may be a problem then you keep it at a friends house.   :yesnod:   I know all the tricks.

captnsim

Oh she will let me buy it, no problem. Letting me ride it...Well...it's like this... :slap: 

skip68

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I get it. You have a wife that loves you.  ;)  Mine doesn't care what I do because I think she wants me dead.  :smilielol:  So if it may be dangerous she don't care.  :rotz: 

captnsim

No no...If I get knocked off doing something stupid...well the insurance pays less...She's just looking out for her "investment".  :smilielol: 

dads_69

I always buy and bring toys home then say, well, what do you think sweetie? She then says, how much and why?
I 99% of the time win at least.
That 1% I lose, I end up getting something else that she finds about much later, hahaha.....
Like the Gixxer, and she doesn't know about my latest Lightning truck either, yet.  :D

Mark

captnsim

Quote from: dads_69 on February 18, 2009, 12:43:30 AM
I always buy and bring toys home then say, well, what do you think sweetie? She then says, how much and why?
I 99% of the time win at least.
That 1% I lose, I end up getting something else that she finds about much later, hahaha.....
Like the Gixxer, and she doesn't know about my latest Lightning truck either, yet.  :D

Mark
I can't do that. I have to play with my new toy's. You know, get up in the middle of the night to look at it. Obsessively search the internet for info...I'd be caught within 20 minutes of being home. Plus...I talk in my sleep. 

dads_69

I don't talk in my sleep but I do screw up once in a while and leave a receipt laying where it shouldn't be found, ha-ha. Also, I just sold my Gixxer and my WR450F is for sale also, buying another Super Charger kit for my newest Lightning.
Its been a good day overall, I'll get another bike this summer.

Mark

captnsim

Any idea what your going to get for a bike next??

dads_69

I'm actually thinking of getting another 2 stroke YZ250. Granted the magic button on my WR450F, electric start is a nice feature but I'm not that lazy yet to where I need it to ride.
As for a street bike, for sure another GSXR, mine only had a little over 400 miles on it. I chose to work part time right now until boss says he needs me full time again so I can get stuff done around the house and work on my own projects as well.
I went against my own rule and took on a side project, '72 Cuda 340 retso'. So that's keeping me busy here at home aside from misc. stuff.

Mark

teamroth

Quote from: captnsim on February 09, 2009, 02:49:54 PM
V-max  :mcride:...I wanted one of those so bad in high school. I think it's safe to say I'm here still cause I never got one back then...Nice bike  :2thumbs:...great storage spot to!!! :yesnod:

Tell me...VMAX=Bike on steroids. I have ridden alot of bikes from rockets to cruisers, and the VMAX is by far the most powerful I've been on. I was on the back down a straight stretch with the owner driving, and we wrapped the speedo past the 185 mark. I have no way of verifying, but it had to be close to 195-200. I looked over his shoulder, and my head woblled so much, I was just like F-it, if we go down it's over, so I'll just hang on for the ride. Pure madness. I ride a 2003  883 Sportster Hugger right now. Wife bought it for me for my 30th B-day. Not a speed bike by any means, but lots of fun. And Ryan, I am very disappointed. You have not learned anything. You do need to go away, and come back when you're a man...BOY
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

keepat

Any other sidecars out there? I built this bike 4 years ago so I could take both my boys out!
Pat

captnsim

Keepat...Nice bike  :yesnod: Chrome  :drool5: Black  :drool5: That have some extra rake on it?

teamroth...You can make that 883 into quite a beast...Any pics???

dads_69...I always liked a 2 stroke over a 4 stroke when I rode dirt bike. I rode a buddys WR426 when it was new. Nice bike...just a little heavy for my taste.
You going new on the gixxer or used?   

SeattleCharger

Hi, ya, I ride bikes.   Here's my '97 Fatboy I got last summer from a 71 old man, had 11900 miles on it and goodies.    remember,  loud pipes save lives

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

captnsim

SeattleChargerDog...Nice bike...  :yesnod: Only HD could get away with a name like Fat Boy. What do you have for pipes on it??? Any engine mods??

magnum

Heres my 01 Road King :2thumbs:
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

SeattleCharger

Quote from: captnsim on February 21, 2009, 12:23:01 AM
SeattleChargerDog...Nice bike...  :yesnod: Only HD could get away with a name like Fat Boy. What do you have for pipes on it??? Any engine mods??

thanks,    just a cam for more torque, the pipes are stock with chrome shotgun type sleeve/covers, loud though, 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

captnsim

magnum...Nice 01  :2thumbs: I like how the colors make it look older then it is. Very 50's...  :cheers:

SeattleChargerDog...Man those pipes must bang off the walls in town...  :D