News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sad News, Chris Louden (aka Pettyfan43) passed away last night

Started by mack, February 05, 2009, 10:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RD

sad to have a fellow dc.com family member gone from this earth.  I pray for his soul, family, and those affected by this loss.

maybe we should start a collection to assist with funeral costs?  who knows his family the best?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

C_stripes

Wow, Definitely makes you think.  RIP Chris. 41 is way to young. Very sad.

I guess I should really work on getting in shape. I am a big guy and I have been told that heart attacks are a big possibility.

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: RD on February 06, 2009, 11:35:51 PM
who knows his family the best?

I knew Chris pretty well but not his family. I assume the member who posted about it would be the best choice.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mike DC

Dunno what to say.  He's always been such a steady presence over the years.  I liked him a lot.   

:'(

Health is part of the story, but Chris could just as easily have been hit by a truck last night too.  Or any one of us.  Nobody is immune.

WingCharger

C_stripes

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 07, 2009, 04:18:47 AM

Health is part of the story, but Chris could just as easily have been hit by a truck last night too.  Or any one of us.  Nobody is immune.

Thats true. When its your time to go, it's your time to go.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mack

Hey guys,

I read your post about possibly raising some money to help with his expenses. I do know that Chris did not have any life insurance. He was single, no children. So from that aspect there won't be a future need. As far as funeral expenses, I talked with his dad, he feels that there are enough assets to cover the cost. So if you want to help out, I know that his dad really appreciates it. I'm just not sure if there will be a need. I will let you know. Thanks, Mack

ny2000ramtough

I exchanged pm's with Chris on Tuesday night myself. He was a member of Mopars in Scale, a model forum dedicated specifically to Mopar models. He will be greatly missed.  My thoughts and condolences go out to Beth, his father and the whole family.  Chris will be sorely missed.  :'(

Tilar

I lost a cousin at 33 from a heart attack, but I think there were other things that contributed to it.

It's sad, 41 is way too young. My prayers go out for all his loved ones.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

FLG

ACUDANUT

Arthu®

Very sad news, my condolences go out to his family and friends.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

69_500

Very sad to hear that. I had been following along in the threads about his model builds. He was doing some very nice work on those.

Sad to hear about how young he was as well. In all things though we can rest assured that the Lord knew when was the right time, what was best.

RIP

RD

mack,

let me know and where to donate.. i can scrounge up some cash if the family is willing to accept it.

Jamey
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

71ChallengeHer

Lisa told me about this while I was in Vegas. May he RIP.  :engel016:

2Gunz

Very sorry....

I think Troy should make a Special tittle for members that have past.

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

TUFCAT

Great idea..... this could be small section of "in memorium".

cbw

Chris's cat "Rocky" is looking for a new home. His cousin (or friend?) took her shortly after Chris died, but has decided he can't keep her. She is "fixed" and up to date on shots. If anyone is interested, please reply asap.

richard pettys 73

:'( :'( :'(  so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep yall in my prayers. I hope for the best in the future for all the family and friends.
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

jackel440

Wow I have been off here for for it seems a couple of months and i come back today and see this teribble news.Chris had posted on a couple of my threads and I liked to see his model pics.
I will have prayers for his family. :angel:

Lowprofile

Wow, can't believe I missed this......RIP Chris.....my prayers for his family.  :angel:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Charger_Fan

Quote from: cbw on March 17, 2009, 07:19:18 PM
Chris's cat "Rocky" is looking for a new home. His cousin (or friend?) took her shortly after Chris died, but has decided he can't keep her. She is "fixed" and up to date on shots. If anyone is interested, please reply asap.
If I was about 6 states closer, I'd offer to take the cat. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)