News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone heard of these guys?

Started by ac_knight, January 31, 2009, 11:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Hemidoug

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
Is that who I think it is? HLPAG?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Troy

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 31, 2009, 12:20:32 PM
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
Is that who I think it is? HLPAG?
They are in California - so probably not. At least they have videos so you can see how they work before getting a hacked together pile.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

CB

someone on the board warned me to stay the hell away from them!!!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

C500

A member posted about a bad purchase with them last year, and the seller (doug redwood) also posted. look up the member 'Californiadoug' here to see his defense.

did it for ya:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,47733.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,47929.0.html
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Brock Samson

third time someone has asked about them...

the third time i'll reply the scow came from there...

KillerBee1972

I would stay away from them, sounds like a scam!!

Is that a green interior in that charger????
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

SFRT

I bought The Scow from these guys, and i would suggest you only buy from them (him actually) if you can see the car in it's 'real' 'unrestored' state, as their 'restos' arent very good. I bought my car 'as was' ( basically a giant hole) and fixed it up myself. I did overpay, and it was a hassle, but at least I knew what I was getting into, and the end result is what I wanted. Ironically, even though he basically flips and psuedo restores Chargers, he doesnt seem to know much about them and the way it goes is one car is actually decent, the next one a turd etc,more luck of the draw. He will use the cheapest possible parts and work to 'restore' them though, as his profit margins look to be pretty small. He doesnt actually do the work himself, he has a network of local driveway mechanic guys do it.

I myself just wanted a factory 4 speed, and real r/t was also a factor, and the fact it was local more or less...so I bought a highly priced turd, but thats ok, I actually preferred that to a 'finished' car, as i wanted to do the work myself.The car also had all the stuff I wanted as far as engine,transmission , rear end etc. I just had to fix it all!

all that being said, unless you can go see a 'californiadoug' car in the flesh, dont buy it.Some of his cars are decent, others are not.

if you look up my posts you can see my car from its original state through to it's now daily driver condition.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us