News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why get married?

Started by 69chargerboy, January 26, 2009, 02:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 29, 2009, 10:57:55 PM
Just remember, when you marry her. She will gain 50-70 lbs. :brickwall:

And if you don't cook, you will gain 50- 70 pounds.. 

Marriage is an institution and since I've been married I feel everyone should be institutionalized.....  :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

89MOPAR

I'm going to toss in two nuggets of wisdom here
Nugget # 1 :
I went out with a woman for ~5years.  She was my fiance' for almost 3.  I thought everything was going great.  We broke up, or i should say she broke up.  The whole relationship was a lot of work, meaning she needed more than the average reassurances that we were doing well, our goals were aligned, etc., and she had some self esteem issues. Nonetheless a beautiful girl, lot of fun,motivated to improve her education, had a good job, etc.
I'm sure I've got issues too, but nonetheless, for whatever reason we never set a date or tied the knot.  Thinking back on it, it probably was a big factor - the fact that we were together so long but didn't get hitched.   Just a point to consider, some women will not wait forever, and even if they act like there is no rush !!

Nugget # 2 :  My father-in -law  [ from the great woman that came next and i had the sense to marry]  had me help him tie a small boat onto their RV tow car. He was grumbling that his wife wanted it brought with them but he knew they wouldn't use it so it was just a Pain in the a**.

I said " well why not just tell her, No ! "
  He says " Let's pretend your not engaged to my daughter for a minute, and I'll tell you why.... its the F**kin you get, for the F**kin you get "

I should say he's been married for 35+ years  and has a great relationship with his wife as far as i can tell.

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

PocketThunder

Quote from: 89MOPAR on January 30, 2009, 11:49:21 AMHe says " Let's pretend your not engaged to my daughter for a minute, and I'll tell you why.... its the F**kin you get, for the F**kin you get "

After 35 years shouldnt it read "its the f***ing you get, for the f***ing you got"?   :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dads_69

Don't get married, when your wife finds about your girlfriends, she isn't gonna be happy.  :D
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

89MOPAR

PocketThunder -

I hope not....
      :'( :'( :'(
  hahaha
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

PocketThunder

Quote from: 89MOPAR on January 30, 2009, 04:46:58 PM
  PocketThunder -

I hope not....
  hahaha

:pity: :pity:   :pity:   :pity:  :pity:  :pity:   :pity:    :pity:  :pity:  :pity:    Sorry man....   :yesnod:  :yesnod:

I dropped $100 on babysitter, dinner and a movie tonight with my spouse and what am i doing right now? ? ? 

Watching space balls on the TV and surfing this site with you guys while my capt'n Cokes and pretzel bowl runs out...   :brickwall:  :brickwall:

Paul  (age 33, 3 kids, SAHM, Charger money pit,. etc...)

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

aifilaw

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 31, 2009, 01:04:50 AM
Quote from: 89MOPAR on January 30, 2009, 04:46:58 PM
  PocketThunder -

I hope not....
  hahaha

:pity: :pity:   :pity:   :pity:  :pity:  :pity:   :pity:    :pity:  :pity:  :pity:    Sorry man....   :yesnod:  :yesnod:

I dropped $100 on babysitter, dinner and a movie tonight with my spouse and what am i doing right now? ? ? 

Watching space balls on the TV and surfing this site with you guys while my capt'n Cokes and pretzel bowl runs out...   :brickwall:  :brickwall:

Paul  (age 33, 3 kids, SAHM, Charger money pit,. etc...)

Where did the good caveman days go, where the excuse was in reverse.
"Not tonight honey, I don't have a headache yet"
*whack*
"Ohh......there.....it.....is..."
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Tilar

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 29, 2009, 06:49:05 AM
You are absolutely correct in that aspect.  It ends with me.  I am the only son. But I don't feel a burning desire to do this, so I guess my family tree has been slated for clearcutting.

That bothered me because I have no children of my own, But I do have a step son from my last wife that stayed with me when she left.

My brother has one son that claims he doesn't want any kids but he's only 18 so that may change. There is a fair amount to hand down so my step son may get a little something when I'm gone.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

69chargerboy

My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Mike DC

QuoteMy brother has one son that claims he doesn't want any kids but he's only 18 so that may change

Every guy says that when they're 18.  Or says that he's conflicted about it sometimes at the very least.

It starts to mean something when he's 34 and still says he doesn't want any kids.   

mikepmcs

I guess I really meant that sh#$ then. :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RAWPWR

Mike,
   Here I'll start your will for you:

blah blah blah blah and now for the charger I leave it to george (RAWPWR)  allis said and done! 

Sorry Keith, I'm lazy, so I did a cut and paste  :smilielol:.
PS..Mike I can come up some time next week to get the car!! :smilielol:
I'll send you pictures from time to time  :yesnod:
68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota