News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for motor and transmission stand pics and possiable blueprint

Started by troy.70R/T, January 21, 2009, 07:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I have seen some people with thier motors and transmissions all blotted together with the K-frame/all front end running gear also attached.  So does anyone know what thread I could find some pics like this? Also could anyone give some measurments?   Dropping the car over the motor/trans and running gear just looks so much easier than the way I have always done it. Any help is appreciated, Thanks Troy.

72SE

Don, if your garage was closer I would be bringing my 70 to your house :icon_smile_big:  :cheers:  Mike

gasoline_24

Charger-Bodie

Here is a picture of ours....Its not a great pic , ill see if I can find a better one.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

troy.70R/T

Thanks for the pictures guys. I like how you have everything all organized Don. I however am not a carpenter, (more of a welder) lol. I would sure hate to have my attempt at carpentry fall apart when I was trying to lower the car over it. Gasoline-24 do you have a web addresss for U.S auto tool? I typed that in but cam up with nothing. I really don't want to spend alot of money buying something I have all kinds of steel and a welder but really no good pictures or measurement of what one should look like.  1hot68 yours looks like it would work good so if you can get some better pics and some rough measurements I would appreciate it. No hurry I will not me starting this project for awhile yet but just wanted to start getting some things together.   Also Dodge Don do you have a book or something that tells you what all the front end parts are supposed to be plated with??? I mean it looks to me like you are doing a factory correct restoration. Thanks again guys

Charger-Bodie

Here are a couple pics I took today.

The measurements are 48" long 20" wide 11" tall....That will get you started.I actually narrowed the transmission rest part 'cause my TTI headers wouldn't clear......Yo want to keep it as compact as possible unless you are using a regular hoist otherwise it get to be pretty tall when the engine is on it,and the higher that stuff is the higher you'll need to get the car. Oh yeah and our cart has swivel casters only on one end.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

troy.70R/T

thanks 1hot68 that will get me started. just one question. What is the measuresment from the front (where the K-frame and motor sit) to the center of the transmission rest?  and what size tubing did you use?

Charger-Bodie

Troy,

The tubing is thick wall 1" .  The two tubes in the front of the stand is what the k-frame rests on,and they are 8 inches apart with th front one being even with the base....the transmission support is 49 inches back from the very front of the cart.

Hope this helps.

hemi68charger

Here's the setup I used that my friend Dave constructed for me.. I would change however the rear caster be one that can swivel yet lock. Most caster-speciality stores will sell the locking mechanism or construct a caster for you with it.

Here it is in action on my '68 Charger a few weekends ago...

Finally, exiting from under the car.....

Hope this helps.........
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection