News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

grille blackout

Started by Foreman72, January 19, 2009, 08:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one do you guys like better

grille blackout
edge blackout

72charger440

yeah mayb so. we made the same motor in my autos class b4 i grad last  yr and that little motor was sweet. but we only ran it for about 10 min max.
72 charger SE 440 big block  
mopar or no car!!!!

Foreman72

WHAT?? explain that one man...my engine had best run for more then 10 min @ a time...holy crap...what did u do 2 the thing :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

72charger440

well we put the motor together and then we ran it for a few mins then we just stopped idk what ever happened with that engine
mopar or no car!!!!

Foreman72

o man i read that wrong...it looked like it only ran for 10 then it brew or something... :lol: my bad...yeah..u don;t by any chance have the specs and #s 4 it kickin around do u? :D
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

72charger440

nah i dont i all i knew was it was  a 71 318 block bored way out idk what, we put sealed power pistons in put 360 that we did something special 2 them heads on it with a six pack set up on it  then we put on dyno at school and thats all she wrote. i was thinking of buyin the engine from my shop teacher and put it in 2 a demon or duster
mopar or no car!!!!

Foreman72

haha that woulda been sick..
Eric "Foreman"

72charger440

yup it would have but i have my charger 2 work on tho.
mopar or no car!!!!

Charger1973

I see this thread got a little off topic but i'll throw in my  :Twocents: on the original subject anyway.  I hate the way the grilles look originally, way too plain.  I tried the all black look and it really was overkill, and it made the grilles look huge.  The style with the silver trim and black grilles, with the body color stripe is the way to go.  it balances everything nicely.  Heres a few pics of mine at various stages.  I went with yellow because thats the color my car will be. 

Ghoste

That second one is the look I like too.  You're right 1973 the all black is just too much for the car.

Foreman72

Quote from: Charger1973 on January 20, 2009, 02:29:02 AM
I see this thread got a little off topic but i'll throw in my  :Twocents: on the original subject anyway.  I hate the way the grilles look originally, way too plain.  I tried the all black look and it really was overkill, and it made the grilles look huge.  The style with the silver trim and black grilles, with the body color stripe is the way to go.  it balances everything nicely.  Heres a few pics of mine at various stages.  I went with yellow because thats the color my car will be. 

that looks killer...i like it all black actually  :lol: but anyways..mine will be f8 green so i don't think the body color strip will do much...it'll stand out w yellow but probably not with a darker color...

Quote from: Ghoste on January 20, 2009, 04:56:47 AM
did u mean the 2nd pic as in option 2?
That second one is the look I like too.  You're right 1973 the all black is just too much for the car.
Eric "Foreman"

Charger1973

This ones not mine but it looks cool too. 

Nacho-RT74

stock look with body color in the middle like the blue one OR just like Matt did ( Charger1973 ), without the chrome but still the argent on surrounders.

Depending on rest of trim and body color. If Black car, would keep COMPLETELLY the stock look. Same if is not an impact or agressive body color. For a low profile body color, would keep stock look too.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html