News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

She's finally done (with pics)

Started by Hemidoug, January 15, 2009, 01:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

After 3 years at "the spa" she's coming home! Hopefully it won't snow on Sat when I pick her up. I finally got to see her in the sun, I'm really diggin the color. Green looks great when it's fresh. I wonder what she will look like with a new green interior.....I'm glad it went back to the original color...So what do ya think? Is she gonna be one of the nicest green 71 R/Ts you've ever seen or what?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Hemidoug

more 2

Hemidoug

more 3

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

lisiecki1

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

bull

BronzeOnSteelies

Awesome paint job!

I don't think I have even seen a green 71 R/T at any of the shows or cruise ins I have been at in say the last 5 years.

Mark
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

jdiesel33

Very Nice! That color looks great on a 3rd gen!!!!  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

hemi68charger

Doug !!!  Wow, she looks great !!!!!    :2thumbs:

Look forward in seeing your updates as you press forward.............. Are you jumping right in on it? Is this basically a repaint and you put everything back in place?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

triple_green

That looks great! Is the the EF8?

My car is 66-1 for 68 which is the same as F8. When I bought the paint they warned me that the base/clear would look 25% brighter than the stock enamel and it does. That car really has a deep finish....awesome!!

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

FlatbackFanatic

All I can say is WOW!!!!!! Awesome! :drool5:. That color looks Great on her. :cheers: good job.
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Hemidoug

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 15, 2009, 02:06:11 PM

Look forward in seeing your updates as you press forward.............. Are you jumping right in on it? Is this basically a repaint and you put everything back in place?

Troy

Hey Troy, thanks! No...she's going under a cover for a while...I have some parts shopping to do...new interior (color change) and some other stuff....I want to take my time with her...this one is the trailer queen. She will end up going back in the spring to do the undercoating and underside detailed. I have some assembly work to do before he can spray the undercoating. This car is going to be done concourse style so everything has to be perfect....gonna take some time to do that.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

At the first pic. my reaction was "WOW!!!!" She's beautiful!  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

hemi68charger

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 15, 2009, 02:18:12 PM

Troy

Hey Troy, thanks! No...she's going under a cover for a while...I have some parts shopping to do...new interior (color change) and some other stuff....I want to take my time with her...this one is the trailer queen. She will end up going back in the spring to do the undercoating and underside detailed. I have some assembly work to do before he can spray the undercoating. This car is going to be done concourse style so everything has to be perfect....gonna take some time to do that.

I hear ya............... For me, one hand would have loved to have had everything (or as much as I could have done) ready to bolt on the car once I got it back from the shop.. But then, the other didn't want a bunch of restored parts laying around. As life as dictated, I've moved twice since the beginning of my 6+ year journey. So, something would have been lost or damaged...

Take your time and I know this '71's in good hands..........

T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

i DONT usually like dark green but man that fresh shinny green paint looks great   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Hemidoug

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 15, 2009, 02:39:04 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on January 15, 2009, 02:18:12 PM

Troy

I hear ya............... For me, one hand would have loved to have had everything (or as much as I could have done) ready to bolt on the car once I got it back from the shop.. But then, the other didn't want a bunch of restored parts laying around. As life as dictated, I've moved twice since the beginning of my 6+ year journey. So, something would have been lost or damaged...

Take your time and I know this '71's in good hands..........

T

Yea, I've been tripping over parts and boxes for 3 years now...everything that was on the car when I took her apart is in my basement/first floor.... I have a ton of hardware to buy and plating to be done, not to mention painting, rebuilding, powder coating, researching, and God know what else...I could just put her back together with the stuff I have but it would be an injustice and it's not my vision for the car. I want this to be one of the best examples of a 71 V code in the country...that doesn't happen by using rusty hardware and such. I've owned the car since 1980 so I had my fun with her...besides I have the Hemi car for the street!

Back N Black

quentin

'73 SE, 400, 4 barrel with 3 on the tree

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69*F5*SE

Wow, what a dream. She's beautiful.   :yesnod:  Ted

resq302

Doug,

Looks friggin wonderful man!  If you are serious about doing it to factory standards, feel free to contact me as I have compiled places to go and places to get parts from.  Granted it is a 3rd gen but if they can't get the stuff, Im sure they can point you in the right direction.  Also, you should consider coming up to the AACA NJ region show in May.  We judge cars on factory standards.  Send me a PM if you are interested.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto