News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need detailed pics of 71 superbee hood (underside)

Started by toplescuda, November 03, 2005, 12:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toplescuda

i have a buldge hood on our 71 charger  i bought a louvered part that is on a super bee   what all do i need to get in on my hood   please show me all the under side of your super bee hoods   thanks in advance   ralph

hemi68charger

It's an older picture, but it's original nonetheless...... 
The second one is from my former survivor '71 Charger R/T

Not much to it.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

toplescuda

what are the 2 box looking things in front of the under hood brace?   thank you for the pics   ralph

Nupe

Had to go look at my hood because I never noticed the box things.  Look to be support for the bulge in case something was put on the hood.

Ralph, am I reading your first post correctly?  Are you trying to put a Super Bee insert on a standard bulge hood?  ???

'79 Lil'Red Express.

toplescuda

Nupe

I see your post on Moparts now.  It would be pretty tough to make the insert fit.  Maybe if you were lucky and scored a damaged Bee hood that had a good recess?  I know of one, but am 99.9% sure he won't sell it even though it is damaged.  ::)

'79 Lil'Red Express.

toplescuda

hmmm il have to look for a bare hood  if cant find something doable/afordable  then il hack on the buldge hood that is on the car lol

plum500

Glad someone brought ths up.

I thought of doing the same thing. Though I'm looking for the hood also. Really like those bee hoods with the insert. Now afraid though to attempt to buy one without the other...availability and all, don't want to be stuck with one and not the other... had to pass up bidding on the real thing a couple weeks ago... think that was *the* chance. Sourcing one from here in Nova Scotia is proving to be quite a challenge...

toplescuda

i would buy just the top skin from a wrecked/rusty hood if i could find 1 and transplant it to my good hood
challengerbabe@aol.com