News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow, 69 charger on ebay with original paint and top. 25k UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, January 10, 2009, 10:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TUFCAT

That ad just screams "FAKE" to me with the limited info and old picture.  :scratchchin:

69bronzeT5

It's hard to say. It looks fake with the limited amount of pictures and info but there is a phone number...anyone curious enough to phone it? :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Belgium R/T -68

All nice ingredients for a good scam:

-No feedback
-Not enough pictures
-Don't accept paypal
-No reserve

Sorry but after what I have been through I just don't believe in this one.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

ChgrSteve67

Google search on the phone number
http://www.google.com/search?q=760-948-2466&hl=en&pb=r&sa=X&oi=rwp&ct=title

Sellers name
chargertim69-2009

Too far for me to check out.

One line add seems odd.
Maybe he is a ebay virgin.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 10, 2009, 10:51:54 PM
It's hard to say. It looks fake with the limited amount of pictures and info but there is a phone number...anyone curious enough to phone it? :scratchchin:

Wow,this all seems SO.....familiar,right Rob!!!!!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 10, 2009, 11:05:40 PM

Ha ha. I'm hearing ya. Enjoying that scam RTSE from eBay buddy?  I'd be calling if I was looking.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

:haha:

Id say it was legit....lots of original V2 cars out in Cali...waiting on a response for a tag pic
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dan T

If it is legit, I think I just wet myself!! :icon_smile_tongue:

BTW Chris, how do you keep finding these kickass Avatars??
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Dan T on January 11, 2009, 05:52:53 PM

I just go outside & snap a few shots ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

500hp_440

ill call it now
Let it alone^.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 11, 2009, 09:22:01 PM
ill call it now

This should be good :lol:

500hp_440

guys a grade A a-hole
says his brother died yesterday, was really defensive about it being real, and was really into telling my the vin.....
its a scam
Let it alone^.

500hp_440

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 11, 2009, 09:28:39 PM
guys a grade A a-hole
says his brother died yesterday, was really defensive about it being real, and was really into telling my the vin.....
its a scam
I asked for the vin and he said "what do you think i got it infront of me??!!" "its a real 440 car ive had it since 78 blah blah blah" i wouldnt buy anything from him just because of his attitude.
Let it alone^.

Back N Black

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 11, 2009, 09:14:08 PM
Quote from: Dan T on January 11, 2009, 05:52:53 PM

I just go outside & snap a few shots ;)

How does it handle in the snow? with all that power and a rear wheel drive.

69bronzeT5

It sounds real to me. That is true though....I doubt it's infront of him :nana: :shruggy:

dpm68

500hp_440

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 11, 2009, 09:50:38 PM
It sounds real to me. That is true though....I doubt it's infront of him :nana: :shruggy:
fine you call him, ask for the vin and hear how he'll refuse to give it to you.
If I was selling it I would say "hold on" and go out and read it to whoever asked, but hey I dont scam people. :yesnod:
Let it alone^.

1969chargerrtse

Well, I just sent him an ebay mail.

"Hi, if you don't mind I'd like to give some advise since I've been a member with ebay since it started.  You have a wonderful car there, problem is people want to see engine shots, the VIN number, and know a lot more about it.  The car is worth every penny of 25k if it's in good shape.  Over 1,000.00 people have viewed it but no ones bid on it.  You have 0 feed back and offer little info and small pictures.  Most people on forums are thinking its a scam of some sort.  If the car is a real deal do yourself and others a favor and revise the ad with lots more detail info, paper work, etc and you will sell the car.  Good Luck, and please understand I mean well, very nice car."

I'll let you know if he replies.  I think it's a real deal.  If it is, he'll write back, politely I hope.

hemi-hampton

These scams usually got the same thing in common, one is some feel sorry for me sob story, He's already done that one. Whats next. LEON.

Troy

If a 16 year old kid called me demanding the VIN number to my car and accusing me of scamming others I'd hang up without bothering to answer. Ever heard the term "tire kicker"? No wonder I never sell anything...

Yeah, sometimes it pays to throw away suspicion and go for it. :2thumbs:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Troy on January 11, 2009, 11:04:01 PM
If a 16 year old kid called me demanding the VIN number to my car and accusing me of scamming others I'd hang up without bothering to answer. Ever heard the term "tire kicker"? No wonder I never sell anything...

Troy

Exactly Troy,today is exactly one year ago I got,and posted about the R/T SE from  ebay  that was the auction we all thought was definitely a fake the way it was listed.The auction had a phone #,and being so close to it's location,I called,and after about  3 min I knew that the guy absolutely had the car,besides him explaining the reasons for the auction sounding fake.It was a divorce issue for the sale of the car,he had a friend start an ebay account to list for him,his friend could'nt figure out how to upload photos,said selling for a friend and to call him at such number.Not to mention the one option he listed as a rare low fuel warning light which happened to be my build date (A02) :lol:,so yes,had all the red flags for a fake auction.But with something this much that I desired,like you basically said,don't leave that stone unturned,because for me,if I shrugged it off,it would be with someone else right now!!!! The whole round trip for me was only 110 miles.
    The only thing with this charger in question,is to me they look like old photos(before digital)that were scanned and uploaded,and lack of info.

500hp_440

Quote from: Troy on January 11, 2009, 11:04:01 PM

Troy

I called and said "Hi, I'm calling about your charger." He said "Ok, what do you want to know." I said "whats the vin?" and then the whole car in front of me and brother dieing, I didnt call and demand it I called and asked nicely for it, I say its fake or he doesn't have a clue what to do.
Let it alone^.

1969chargerrtse

Well, no response from him.  1,300 views no bids.  What a shame if the ad is legit it is worth the bucks in my opinion if it's of good quality.  How many original paint, top 69 cars are out there?  Not many.

1969chargerrtse

Well, over 2,00 views and he has a bid.  I'm sure it's from someone that called him.  The guy coulda gotten a lot more with better info and an engine shot.  Whatever.