News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 year old shoots babysitter with shot gun

Started by max, January 09, 2009, 09:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

max

WingCharger

TheGhost

Seriously?  A 4 year old?

Don't parents discipline their children anymore?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

max

according to the local news the 4 year old used his dad's 20 ga shot gun which wasn't loaded but was still within reach along with the shells. :rotz: apparently the boy had watched his dad load it a time or two when he used it to hunt with.

coarse that dosen't explain how he knew how to pull the hammer back and pull the trigger.

i have had guns my whole life and when our son was born up until he turned 12 years old and i could teach him the right way to use them, i always keept them unloaded and locked up.

jb666

This kid's gonna make a great serial killer some day  :cheers:

max

Quote from: jb666 on January 09, 2009, 10:38:13 PM
This kid's gonna make a great serial killer some day  :cheers:

sad but probablly true.

from what i heard on the news the gun shot victim wasn't going to press charges and the police aren't going to do anything to the boy but they are going to charge the boys father for the crime.

PocketThunder

maybe the teenager should not have had his friends over and he should have been focused on his job for the night which was to babysit?..??   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Shakey

The parents of the four year old should be shot by the babysitter for leaving a weapon and ammunition unlocked and within reach of the four year old.

And people wonder why there are so many gun deaths each year.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Shakey on January 10, 2009, 09:24:33 AM

The parents of the four year old should be shot by the babysitter for leaving a weapon and ammunition unlocked and within reach of the four year old.

:iagree:

WTF are these people thinking?:rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 10, 2009, 10:11:49 AM

Thats the problem.  They aren't.   Or a lack there of.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

max

Quote from: resq302 on January 10, 2009, 01:45:02 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 10, 2009, 10:11:49 AM

Thats the problem.  They aren't.   Or a lack there of.

i couldn't have agreed more.

TheGhost

The problem is not just the access to the gun, it's that the child would even consider doing something like this in the first place.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

resq302

and again..... it comes back to parenting.  Im sure this isn't the first time the kid has seen a gun.  Also, isn't it the parents responsibility to make sure the house is child safe?  I have a 2 yr old and I am constantly keeping an eye on her and don't like to be out of arms reach should something happen, especially since we have a 6 month old dog now.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BMOTOXSTAR

That is just great, another dumb f--- ruining the 2nd am right. Just before the 15th, great. This one and the Santa Slayer from Xmas really do not help things this upcoming year for gun owners.
   It is very simple, guns locked up with trigger locks , ammo in a different location ,locked up as well. :rotz:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Shakey

Quote from: TheGhost on January 11, 2009, 05:24:35 AM
The problem is not just the access to the gun, it's that the child would even consider doing something like this in the first place.

We're talking about a four year child here - you are aware of that?

These are the same little humans that draw on walls with crayons, spill milk at the kitchen table as they bounce around in their chairs and cry when you tell them it is bed time.

At my house, the remote to the television is put out of reach, not that I am afraid that they will use it, more concerned that they will lose it!  The lighter for the BBQ is tucked away in a cabinet up high so they don't get curious and mistakenly (key word here) burn the house down!

If the idiot parents in that household have such a cavalier attitude towards guns where they leave them and the ammunition laying around, the child is obviously not going to think that they are that harmful and the results will be as such.

Once again, stupid parents!

squeakfinder

Aw that babysitter probably had it coming.

Invite your friends over and step on my foot, Ill show you..
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Shakey

Perhaps we should have the babysitter in LA that killed the infant by putting her into the clotes dryer for three minutes babysit the four year old that knows how to use a shotgun?   :2thumbs:

max

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on January 11, 2009, 08:59:35 AM
That is just great, another dumb f--- ruining the 2nd am right. Just before the 15th, great. This one and the Santa Slayer from Xmas really do not help things this upcoming year for gun owners.
   It is very simple, guns locked up with trigger locks , ammo in a different location ,locked up as well. :rotz:

i agree this doesn't help much for the honest gun owners. :icon_smile_blackeye: