News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quick WIW: 71 wrinkle finish rear window mouldings?

Started by nakita7, January 09, 2009, 01:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nakita7

What are these things worth? Plus, the vinyl top mouldings? Thanks

71 RT

You can buy a complete set of textured trim for less than $50.  Keep in mind that all 71 chargers that came with vinyl tops had textured trim, so there are a lot of the.  Cars without the vinyl top had smooth chrome trim.  The textured were painted to match the color of the tops.  In my opinion, they are not worth a lot because there were so many made.  I think the GTX, and road runners also had the same trim, but I am not 100% sure. 

quapman

I'd put them at $100 minimum. Sure, a lot of cars came with them, but those were FULL vinyl top cars only, not canopy tops like the S.E.'s. Not to mention, how many of them are still around and how many sets of that trim got saved prior to crushing?

Have you tried to find a set on fleebay or at a swap meet?

A lot of us found the full vinyl tops on 71's to be downright Fugly and took them off. Now, these poor guys putting them back on have to find all the parts....LOL

Frank thinks his are worth $175

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopar-71-Charger-Rear-Window-Trim-Vinyl-Top-Road-Runner_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ140708QQihZ002QQitemZ120359594166QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

2 more for the penny jar!

Steve