News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

Quote from: bull on January 11, 2009, 10:05:37 AM
Quote from: WingCharger on January 11, 2009, 09:59:36 AM
Quote from: bull on January 11, 2009, 09:57:51 AM
Quote from: WingCharger on January 10, 2009, 09:49:14 PM
Quote from: bull on January 10, 2009, 09:47:01 PM
Come now, RD. You can kill yourself with a pellet gun (225) if you hit the right spot or you can kill yourself with a shotgun (440). But one of the two makes it much easier, more dramatic and decidedly absolute.
WAIT! Wouldn't a bb gun be a 170? :ricky:

A HEMI can be a .50 cal! :D

Well, if you're going to get technical I'd say the 225 would equate closer to a necked-down .223 or .22 long rifle and the 440 is more like a .44 Magnum.
Dirty Harry! :D

I have a .223, and that must be a turbocharged or pretty hopped up slanty to equal that. :scratchchin:

Yes, .223s are a pretty hot round. I've seen some pretty fast 225s too.

I beat a 4 cylinder Camaro in my 225 Charger back in the day. I'm sure it looked like a very impressive race to the old lady trying to pass us in her carbon-choked Ford Maverick.
Sounds pretty cool. There are guys that put a lot of money into these slants, and they are pretty hot motors. They handle MASSIVE overbores, but nobody makes a stroker crank for them...
I have seen turbos, superchargers, nitrous, and a slant six six pack! :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :D :D :D :D :D :D
I would have a six pack hood, and then lift it off, and see peoples faces. :icon_smile_big:

500hp_440

Quote from: BB1 on January 11, 2009, 10:07:27 AM
I think I'm a flippin mental nut case to come back to this thread everyday.

Moderators, plz remove me from getting updates every time someone posts here.
please dont, this is going swell so far!
Let it alone^.

bull

Quote from: BB1 on January 11, 2009, 10:07:27 AM
I think I'm a flippin mental nut case to come back to this thread everyday.

Moderators, plz remove me from getting updates every time someone posts here.

Um, that's your job. You need to change the settings in your preferences if you don't want email notifications.

Click on your username and you'll get a new window for profile info. Find the "Notifications and Email" link under the "Modify Profile" heading and knock yourself out.

BB1

Delete my profile

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Green71R/T

Up to 1971 horsepower ratings were gross HP (at the flywheel with no accessories on engine).In 1972 the automakers went to net HP.1972 was also the time when compression ratios dropped and more emission controls were introduced.

rav440

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 10, 2009, 01:01:45 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 10, 2009, 12:10:45 AM
Race at the Drag Strip :slap:
yeah but no harm in a few races on the street not to fast, no harm no fault
but i definaitly understand you, Ive seen people do stupid sh*t, and I have done it too, but i dont want to do it alot

GOOD GOD MAN " kid" are you friggn that thick skulled  :slap: :slap: :slap:? i guess you have no reason to wear a helmet when your on a motorcycle ...

get it through your thick head DRAG RACING is DONE at the STRIP !!!!!!!!!!!

Quoteyeah but no harm in a few races on the street not to fast, no harm no fault
except for that one fateful momment  :rotz:

im not perfect and ive done some really dumb ass stuff in my life . im not giving you crap im just asking you to think

just listen to what these guys are saying . before its to late .

by the way what heads are on the 440 ?  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Tilar

Quote from: Green71R/T on January 11, 2009, 11:28:21 AM
Up to 1971 horsepower ratings were gross HP (at the flywheel with no accessories on engine).In 1972 the automakers went to net HP.1972 was also the time when compression ratios dropped and more emission controls were introduced.

I think that was also around the time that some government mandates came into play, which is why many of the cars with the big engines "Lost" some horse power that they had the previous year. It also satisfied some of the insurance companies.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

500hp_440

Quote from: rav440 on January 11, 2009, 11:34:45 AM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 10, 2009, 01:01:45 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 10, 2009, 12:10:45 AM
Race at the Drag Strip :slap:
yeah but no harm in a few races on the street not to fast, no harm no fault
but i definaitly understand you, Ive seen people do stupid sh*t, and I have done it too, but i dont want to do it alot

GOOD GOD MAN " kid" are you friggn that thick skulled  :slap: :slap: :slap:? i guess you have no reason to wear a helmet when your on a motorcycle ...

get it through your thick head DRAG RACING is DONE at the STRIP !!!!!!!!!!!

Quoteyeah but no harm in a few races on the street not to fast, no harm no fault
except for that one fateful momment  :rotz:

im not perfect and ive done some really dumb ass stuff in my life . im not giving you crap im just asking you to think

just listen to what these guys are saying . before its to late .

by the way what heads are on the 440 ?  :2thumbs:
read the first post before posting!!! thats why its enlarged!
I'm not sure, tell my how to find out and I'll see if I can, since my enigne and transmition both dont have useable numbers, maby my heads will!
Let it alone^.

rav440

take off your valve covers you will raised numbers underneath the rocke arm assemby . the last 3 of the last 4 #s will tell you what heads are on there . EX: 906X 915X 346X 452X ect ect . most likely they should be 906
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

500hp_440

Build Update
Today I finish pulling out my interior, and finished painting my interior with primer, tomarrow I get to clean out my trunkc of trim :eek2: and sand and paint in there, What fun What fun.
My advanced auto doesnt like to sell me spray paint anymore, they just got an order to not sell spray paint to anyone under 18, sucks I'm 16 :'(, but I know most of staff so they sel it to me anyway  :D. But I just bought out there supply of primer,  :brickwall:, I guess the rest will be white instead of grey :yesnod:, O well it will all be yellow when I'm done.  ;D
But should I paint my trunk Black, Spacle stuff black, grey, spacle stuff grey, Yellow, Yellow on spacle stuff, or what??
Let it alone^.

Tilar

Dave  

500hp_440

Quote from: Tilar on January 11, 2009, 06:37:50 PM
Same color your body is going to be.
should I use a different primer? like bed liner, spacle paint (tecture) or anything?
Let it alone^.

Tilar

If you are using rattle cans, just prime it with any regular primer. The Chargers didn't use any speckle or textured paint in their trunks.
Dave  

500hp_440

Quote from: Tilar on January 11, 2009, 06:42:48 PM
If you are using rattle cans, just prime it with any regular primer. The Chargers didn't use any speckle or textured paint in their trunks.
Does it help or is it worth it to make it textured?
Let it alone^.

Tilar

Dave  

Finn

I was under the impression that the chargers did have a textured coating of some sort in the trunk area, particularly along the inner quarters and wheel wells??

I Raptor-Lined mine, toughens it up and look great imho. Also helps cut down on the "tin" sound.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

500hp_440

Quote from: Finn on January 11, 2009, 07:04:28 PM
I was under the impression that the chargers did have a textured coating of some sort in the trunk area, particularly along the inner quarters and wheel wells??

I Raptor-Lined mine, toughens it up and look great imho. Also helps cut down on the "tin" sound.
oh yeah, I have no idea how to prep or paint that, any ideas?
Let it alone^.

squeakfinder

If you want the trunk to look authentic use a paint roller and wear a blindfold.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

500hp_440

Quote from: squeakfinder on January 11, 2009, 07:13:05 PM
If you want the trunk to look authentic use a paint roller and wear a blindfold.
:smilielol: how about I do shots of jack and used a can of primer per square foot?
It wont be fun to learn how to use a paint gun in a trunk,  :eek2:, it will probly end up looking like that. :lol:
Let it alone^.

Sublime/Sixpack

Have you considered learning and practicing on some other vehicle, then once you know how to do the job right start back in on your Charger? 
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

skip68

Like Sublime said.  :yesnod:  Find an old fender and practice on that.  The inside.  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Finn on January 11, 2009, 07:04:28 PM

To me I always thought the texured look was nothing more than undercoating first then the body paint?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Troy

There is undercoating inside the trunk on the inner part of the quarter panels. It is then painted over along with the rest of the car. There's no textured paint or different color in there. The undercoating acts as a sound deadener.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.