News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

500hp_440

!!!ATTENTION!!!
If you haven't read this before, don't read the first few pages and reply, things have changed for the better and we want it to stay that way!!!!
Read the last few pages before you post or just this first post. DO NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS. and the original question has been answered. I can't upload pictures, if you want to see my car click the link under my posts.

Pictures are here: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=384484152&albumId=889212

I'm 16 years old male, I got my licence in October 08.
My first car I bought myself, a month before my birthday, is a 1969 dodge charger R/T SE 440 with a 727 torqueflite pushing 500hp with SURE GRIP......
I'm rebuilding her (what needs to be put on) with the help of a Chevy mechanic (don't rip hes free, great, and a Friend).
As some people will agree the short time I've been on here has changed my way of thinking ALOT towards cars and driving, I'm here for help (which I need alot of), advice (that too), anybody that wants to watch a rebuild, to make some freinds, have some laughs and hopefully bring these amazing muscle cars into my generation!
So please, any help you want to give or advice you think may help post it, I'll appreciate it and no-one can be mad or anything!

She was yellow with a green vinyl top and green interior, I'm going that route but I'm not sure about the vinyl top or not.
VIN XS29L9B110393

Fender Tag
M21 M31 R11 V1F V88 26
A01 A36 A47 C16 C55 L31
     Y2 CRG F8 822 059066
E86 D32 XS29 L9B 110393

Engine
2536430-10
4 L1 built 1/23/68

transmition
A-727-B

what she came with
4 barrel carb, leathe bucket seat, center consul, built 8/22/1968, 3.55:1 high performance axle, hood/fender mount turn signals, roof drip rail moldings, music master am, green vinyl top, deleted r/t stripe, 26inch radiator

READ THIS!!!!!!!
I was told 500hp by the old owner, not a sales pitch, when i bought her i was told 375hp, stock, but 3 months later in Miami when i got the title signed, no money changed hands at all, i was told 500hp no reason to lie, no reason to even bring it up unless it was true, so please don't question it, at least not to me
THANKS!!
Let it alone^.

WingCharger

Damn you lucky guy!! 16, and you have a freakin REAL 1969 R/T SE Charger!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I would say you have some pretty freakin awesome parents!!

Sublime/Sixpack

Yes, that sounds like quite the car.  Do you have photos?

P.S. I hope you change your attitude about not doing the speed limit.  I hate it when people loose their loved ones to careless drivers.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

BB1

Delete my profile

Harlow

Quote from: BB1 on January 03, 2009, 10:50:07 PM
Troll ?

Haha I think so. Where can I get one of these 500 hp, "posi" rear end, RT/SE chargers? Oh yeah on a 16 year old budget.

500hp_440

Quote from: Harlow on January 03, 2009, 10:54:20 PM
Troll ?

Haha I think so. Where can I get one of these 500 hp, "posi" rear end, RT/SE chargers? Oh yeah on a 16 year old budget.
aprrantly on craigslist in hollywood fl, posi is short for positraction as aposed to limited slip rear differential
Let it alone^.

terrible one

Troll ?

Or just an attention whore hehe

terrible one

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 03, 2009, 10:57:47 PM
Troll ?

aprrantly on craigslist in hollywood fl, posi is short for positraction as aposed to limited slip rear differential

They're raggin' on you because the Mopar term is Suregrip.

Ghoste

Posi is a Chevy term, we still like our Sure Grips but it's all semantics I suppose.  How about some pics?  What about the engine combo, where did you come up with the 500 hp figure?

500hp_440

whats troll?
i cant upload pictures for some reason
idk if i read somewhere not to do this if i did sorry but u can see them on my myspace www.myspace.com/rip_mpm
Let it alone^.

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

500hp_440

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2009, 11:02:28 PM
Posi is a Chevy term, we still like our Sure Grips but it's all semantics I suppose.  How about some pics?  What about the engine combo, where did you come up with the 500 hp figure?
went to miami to get the title signed (long story and even longer trip) and i thought it was 375 (stock) but the old owerner told me she eats slicks and pushes 500hp
and o well all i know is it leave 2 nice black lines
Let it alone^.

Tilar

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 03, 2009, 11:02:36 PM
whats troll?
idk if i read somewhere not to do this if i did sorry but u can see them on my myspace www.myspace.com/rip_mpm

So that engine is pushing 500 hp? I remember seeing an overhaul job like that once before. I think someone named Sherwin Williams overhauled the other one I saw but it looked exactly like it.  ;)

The car definitley has potential, Just don't get out there and kill yourself in it. I've seen it happen way too many times in my lifetime when someone young like yourself gets handed that much power for a first real car.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

terrible one

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 03, 2009, 11:04:46 PM

How do you know? It doesn't look like it's running?

500hp_440

Quote from: Tilar on January 03, 2009, 11:20:52 PM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 03, 2009, 11:02:36 PM
whats troll?

So that engine is pushing 500 hp? I remember seeing an overhaul job like that once before. I think someone named Sherwin Williams overhauled the other one I saw but it looked exactly like it.  ;)

The car definitley has potential, Just don't get out there and kill yourself in it. I've seen it happen way too many times in my lifetime when someone young like yourself gets handed that much power for a first real car.
yeah i hear ya, i dog the heck out of my wrangler with its bad clutch and worn rings, they say their tippy but i raised mine 3 inches and i drift it sometimes on the road
i hate to see where i can get in that charger

im going to shoot a video of the thing running soon maby tomarrow idk
Let it alone^.

500hp_440

Quote from: terrible one on January 03, 2009, 11:26:51 PM

limited slip doesnt burn rubber, and try u dont need a calculator for this add high horsepower and torque to posi traction (or wtf u want to call it) and it equals long straight lines
Let it alone^.

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

terrible one

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 03, 2009, 11:29:18 PM

limited slip doesnt burn rubber, and try u dont need a calculator for this add high horsepower and torque to posi traction (or wtf u want to call it) and it equals long straight lines

Woah hold up there player. Don't come off being a dick to me. Limited slip doesn't burn rubber? WTF? How does it leave two nice black lines then? I had to ask how you knew, because all I see is a used 440 with a rattlecan job.

500hp_440

Quote from: terrible one on January 03, 2009, 11:46:58 PM

Woah hold up there player. Don't come off being a dick to me. Limited slip doesn't burn rubber? WTF? How does it leave two nice black lines then? And if you want to try talking shit, then how do you even come up with a high horsepower figure when the engine is sitting there unhooked, with cut spark plug wires, and anything new and nice on it has overspray from the rattlecan job?
im not being a dick u just pulled a douche bag
u want to talk shit come down here in a few months and put ur money where your mouth is, you dont have the title or even a pic of the engine, so dont start
u get high hp with new cam, pistons, bording out the engine, im not sure what they did i just know itll put big mouths **cough cough** in there place
ill meet u in daytona open strip night, dont ask i wont race for pinks, loser pays for both admition, full tank of fuel, and a new set of rubber in the back
im done with this unless ur lookin for directions
Let it alone^.

viper r/t

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 03, 2009, 11:58:26 PM

Woah hold up there player. Don't come off being a dick to me. Limited slip doesn't burn rubber? WTF? How does it leave two nice black lines then? And if you want to try talking shit, then how do you even come up with a high horsepower figure when the engine is sitting there unhooked, with cut spark plug wires, and anything new and nice on it has overspray from the rattlecan job?
u want to talk shit come down here in a few months and put ur money where your mouth is, you dont have the title or even a pic of the engine, so dont start
u get high hp with new cam, pistons, bording out the engine, im not sure what they did i just know itll put big mouths **cough cough** in there place
ill meet u in daytona open strip night, dont ask i wont race for pinks, loser pays for both admition, full tank of fuel, and a new set of rubber in the back

Attitude like that just makes all of us young guys look bad, even if you "do" have a car  :yesnod:

Brock Samson

Hey, are you the kid here on the bike with ADD?..  :lol:

so now I see you dissin T.O.  That wont fly around here... he's earned his R/T stripes,.. Mommy and Daddy didn't buy him his last week...

500hp_440

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 04, 2009, 12:02:33 AM
 Hey, are you the kid on the bike with ADD?..  :lol:
no thats my wack job freind, he just kinda jumped in there when i pressed the picture, i dont take pictures of myself
Let it alone^.

500hp_440

so now I see you dissin T.O.  That wont fly around here... he's earned his R/T stripes,.. Mommy and Daddy didn't buy him his last week...
your jumpin on the wrong train, dont start
Let it alone^.

terrible one

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 03, 2009, 11:58:26 PM

I have nothing to compare to a 500 horsepower 440, I'm sorry. I don't know why I need the title to your car, but I do have a picture of your engine, from the link that you posted a few posts ago. In those pictures at least, the engine is sitting there uncomplete and looks far from fresh. I know how to get high horsepower, but when you say that you're "not sure what they did" and the engine looks like it had a rattlecan job over factory orange paint, it's entirely possible that you're mistaken.

Once again, I'm only going by the picture you provided.

SFRT

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 04, 2009, 12:10:24 AM
your jumpin on the wrong train, dont start

lets race. for pink slips.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us