News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door panel clips?

Started by terrible one, January 03, 2009, 08:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

When I took my lower door panels off of my '68, I noticed that there was more than one type of clip holding them on. Is there any vendor that offers a kit with all the fasteners needed? Or can I pretty much go to the parts store and get something similar?

mikepmcs

you need these and these I think.  Don't know if you can get the foam ones at the local though.
Selling sets on ebay right now, that's where I got the pics.  Couldn't find a dedicated set all in one package though.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

I prefer using only the style mike shows in the lower pic(although they are only for the trim panels the upper pads or "bolsters" use thier own clip).....They hold better and they are alot easier on the trim panels.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

Yeah I wish I could find a stash of those foam ones cheap.  Those wire ones are a nightmare. :brickwall:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 03, 2009, 08:29:14 PM
Yeah I wish I could find a stash of those foam ones cheap.  Those wire ones are a nightmare. :brickwall:

legendary has them.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

terrible one

Hmm I searched Legendary's site and couldn't find anything like in Mike second picture, or any door clips for that matter? Anyone mind linking me to the Ebay auction(s) or to the place at Legendary? So I should just get the one type of clip then? That makes it easier

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

yup, those are just the originals with the foam and all.  I guess you could get the repops and get some foam from the hardware store and make your own.  Not a bad idea actually

Charger-Bodie

Ledgendary Does have them, or atleast they did, cause I got a whole box from them when I did my Charger....pretty sure they were in a Mopar package too now that I think about it.

Also they did have the foam on them.

terrible one

I guess I'll call Legendary Monday then. Brian, do you remember the price? How many clips do I need for both front and both rear door panels?

Back N Black

UAP/NAPA carries the clips also, that's where i got mine about a month ago.

terrible one

I just got off the phone with Legendary and they said all they had were the wire type clips. Ebay it is I guess. Can someone tell me how many clips each front and rear door panel takes?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: terrible one on January 06, 2009, 02:28:08 PM

I just got off the phone with Legendary and they said all they had were the wire type clips. Ebay it is I guess. Can someone tell me how many clips each front and rear door panel takes?

They must have stopped carrying the good ones!  :2thumbs:

terrible one

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 06, 2009, 03:34:11 PM
Quote from: terrible one on January 06, 2009, 02:28:08 PM

They must have stopped carrying the good ones!  :2thumbs:

Bah yeah, the guy on the phone was pretty helpful . . . he said that he was pretty sure they used to carry a second type clip like the one I described. A day late . . .  :brickwall:

71ChallengeHer

Did you try RT specialties ?