News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Challengers and Vipers

Started by Charger1970, January 01, 2009, 06:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1970

I went for a drive in the Charger today, just out burning a hole in the ozone layer, going nowhere in particular. I ended up going by Ringgold Chrysler Dodge Jeep.

Now, Ringgold, GA is a fairly small town not too far from Chattanooga, TN. On their lot they had the typical row of new 4-door pickups, sedans, FWD cars, all the usual stuff.

They also had a Challenger SE, a Challenger R/T, three Challenger SRT's and....24 Dodge Vipers!  :o

Yes, twenty-four Vipers.

Those new Challengers look great, but those Vipers just scream, "I have large genitalia and am not afraid to use it!"   :lol:

(Sorry ...no pics)

http://www.ringgoldcdj.com/
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

Brock Samson

in twenty years you'll think back and think I shoulda' bought two..  :icon_smile_wink:

472 R/T SE

Price: $102,755
Estimated Monthly Payment: $1,801.62
Rate: 8.00%
Term: 72 months

I'm all over that.  ;)

Ghoste

So if one Viper is screaming "large genitalia", I don't even want to try and imagine what two of them scream.  :D

Nacho-RT74

how you can get 24 Vipers on a small city like that ? shouldn't be on a big city dealer ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

bull

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 01, 2009, 10:56:02 PM
how you can get 24 Vipers on a small city like that ? shouldn't be on a big city dealer ?

People in the the big cities don't know how to drive. Apparently someone at Chrysler knows this and doesn't want them sent off to be wrecked.

bzabodyn

Nothing wrong with a Viper - as long as it was built in 2002 or earlier  :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

Mike DC

Some people think a car like that screams, "I have small genitalia and I am afraid to use it!"

They probably think the same thing about our Chargers for that matter. 

500hp_440

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 02, 2009, 03:53:45 PM
Some people think a car like that screams, "I have small genitalia and I am afraid to use it!"

i only have the first half of that :D
ill take a viper, and blow up the engine and drop the tranny right on the ground but hey life time powertrain not my problem
Let it alone^.

dkn1997

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 02, 2009, 11:47:12 PM

i only have the first half of that :D
ill take a viper, and blow up the engine and drop the tranny right on the ground but hey life time powertrain not my problem

I gotta think than when it's time to cash in on the powetrain warranty, you end up losing.  There's just no way any car company has any intention of honoring that warranty.  Unless you bring your lawyer on that one, I think they will make up something so you pay most of what it would have cost anyway....

and if that's true that a viper is 102K, that's absurd.  No wonder there are rumors floating about that it might be cancelled. 
RECHRGED

Mopar440+6

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 02, 2009, 11:47:12 PMill take a viper, and blow up the engine and drop the tranny right on the ground but hey life time powertrain not my problem

And I quote Dodge.com --> "No deductible. *See dealer for a copy of limited warranty and details. Non-Transferable. Not available on SRT, Diesel vehicles, Sprinter, Ram Chassis Cab, Hybrid System components (including transmission), and certain fleet vehicles." <-- 

http://www.dodge.com/en/lifetime_powertrain_warranty/
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

dkn1997

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on January 03, 2009, 04:48:28 PM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 02, 2009, 11:47:12 PMill take a viper, and blow up the engine and drop the tranny right on the ground but hey life time powertrain not my problem

And I quote Dodge.com --> "No deductible. *See dealer for a copy of limited warranty and details. Non-Transferable. Not available on SRT, Diesel vehicles, Sprinter, Ram Chassis Cab, Hybrid System components (including transmission), and certain fleet vehicles." <--  [/b]

http://www.dodge.com/en/lifetime_powertrain_warranty/

That reminds me of the fine print you see on some medicine..."may cause anal leakage"  "if you have an erection that lasts for more than 3 hours...."  "if you experience a sudden loss of vision...." 

So you can get a full head of hair and boner that won't quit, but you cannot see and can't leave the house because of the whole anal leakage thing.  Sounds about as good as the average person would make out on the powertrain warranty deal.
RECHRGED

John_Kunkel

I resemble that remark.  :icon_smile_big: Exotic cars have long been looked upon as phallic symbols.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Bobs69

Phallic or did you mean flacid!!