News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How Do You Drive Your Charger?

Started by Brock Samson, December 29, 2008, 04:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Do You Use Your Charger For?..

It's My Daily Driver,.. Not Likely but o.k...
11 (8.6%)
As Often As I Can And Weather Permits...
59 (46.1%)
A Sunday Driver And Occasional Shows.
41 (32%)
One Quarter Mile At A Time or Other Race Activitys.
8 (6.3%)
Trailered Everywhere Trophy Collector.
1 (0.8%)
Lawn Orniment, Shelf in the Garage:
10 (7.8%)
A Money Pit Possibly Completed in the Next Month to Ten Years:
41 (32%)
Planter in the South Forty:
1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Joshua

My Charge had been my DD for a loooooong time, and if I were to come upon hard times, it will be again.....
Everywhere I go is full bore....
I might as well remove the throttle pedal and install a toggle switch...either idle or full throttle........that's how I roll......

BB1

Delete my profile

69chargerboy

At this point, I've pushed it more miles than I've ever drove it! Actually I never drove it...... :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Rolling_Thunder

used to be my daily drive to high school until it was disassembled for a quick paint job...    5 years ago...           but she's going together now...    and I plan on driving the piss out of her when she's done...     Planning on driving her to Tempe, AZ this year...        gotta get the Charger and the Satty done within the next two years...    then off to boot camp    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bordin34

Mine will be a daily driver, right now I manually shift the auto trans around 5,000rpm and drive it like I stole it, just no tire spin and when other people are in the car I drive conservatively in Drive. And I rarely shift out of first unless I am going above 45, those 2.45 gears are great.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Green71R/T

My charger is the best stress reliever I know of. Unfortunately it is parked from October to May but even just working on it helps me relax.I usually drive the snot out of it! :drive:As for being a money pit,it is nice to have a hobby that you can at least recoup some of what you put into it.

Todd Wilson

Salt is all over the roads now in Kansas. Neither Charger will see the road for at least 2-3 more months.

Todd

Neal_J

Occassional Friday drive to work.  Too many things that need work and/or make the car less than fun to drive more often (e.g.m starts about 50% of the time, non-power drum brakes, crappy radio).  I guess I need to find some time and fix this stuff.  Make that my New Year's resolution~!

SFRT

been driving it every day except during the storms last week. I cant resist terrorizing the yuppies...its so much fun.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

six-tee-nine

Quote from: 69chargerboy on December 30, 2008, 02:39:16 PM
At this point, I've pushed it more miles than I've ever drove it! Actually I never drove it...... :icon_smile_big:

Same for me.... I'll just have to hang in there but sometimes i get a  :brickwall: feeling.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Martian R/T

Usually whenever life permits, between wife, kids and work there never seems to be enough time left to drive the Charger, and forget about working on it. :'( :'( :'( :'(
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

b5blue

My car has paid her way (and it shows).With 3 teens, I repair what I have to to keep it going.The running gear is good but the springs and T bars are tired, as is the converter.The B body is an amazing platform,rugged,and reliable in every respect.Many times in the past that car hung together long enough to get me where I had to go.Once the kids are up and running on there own I look forward to fixing some rust,painting and putting an interior back in.   

Nacho-RT74

daily driver, and not, not a Chick magnet...at least not the ones I like!!!!! ( at this moment I feel more like at the end of the video of the brittish Fifth Gear TV show about the Charger )

and Brock, for the way and cool Jackie is, SHE REALLY DOESN'T NEED A CHALLENGER!!! I can testify personally!

Dunno about her daughter... she looks cute, but shy ;)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

440charger68

my 68 is a daily driver, rain, wind, sleet or snow im driving it. Keeping the muscle car spirit alive hahaha
life's a garden, dig it.

aone415

"I live my life on quarter mile at a time" - Vin Diesel

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

moparstuart

not driven it yet , but ken did hard     :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bigred68

Quote from: Neal_J on December 30, 2008, 11:49:02 PM
Occasional Friday drive to work.  Too many things that need work and/or make the car less than fun to drive more often (e.g.m starts about 50% of the time, non-power drum brakes, crappy radio).  I guess I need to find some time and fix this stuff.  Make that my New Year's resolution~!
AMEN BROTHER :cheers:
The money I'd need to spend on my car to make it as comfortable and reliable as my daily driver. wow. But, that's part of the fun, mystique of owning (and driving) these beautiful cars!!

BlueSS454

Mine is put away for the winter, but it's a toy, not a daily driver and not a trailer queen.  I took it to a few local shows, and at least 1 cruise night a week.  I do trailer it when it's far away though like more than 50 miles away and only for the reason that it breaks down everytime I take it more than 20 miles from home.
Tom Rightler

WingCharger

Who daily drives? :shruggy:

That would be a sweet driver. 318 3-spd get okay mileage. :D

AKcharger

I drive it like a "Grandpa" ...ay least that's what she tells me. She on the other hand drives it like a manic!  :drive:

Perhaps I'd beat on it more if it wasn't me who had to fix it and spend the $$$!

triple_green

I shift it manually to hear the engine rev.(loose hemi mufflers) I will also "spin" the tires whenever it is "safe" to do so.

My charger loves the cool air. I took it out for spin today 35 and mostly dry.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

69bronzeT5

Quote from: NYCMille on December 29, 2008, 08:53:12 PM
damn... Doug, you and I need to meet up... I need a ride in a HEMI car!

Doug, I'm coming to Carlisle in 2010. You have tons of time. :2thumbs:

Mike...I need a ride in an Angry car :icon_smile_wink:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

General_01

I will drive mine to work quite a bit more than years past, weather permiting, and on weekend cruises. I slacked off the last few years, but my work hours have changed such that I won't be driving in terrible traffic to and from work. Plus the newness of the stroker will have me wanting to drive that car as often as possible.  :drive:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

challenger70

Very carefully with 4 wheel drums, bad shifter, and no seatbelts currently :lol:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

GL0169

EVERY DAY - ALL THE TIME - VERY HARD - FOR THE LAST 22 YEARS - AND HAVING FUN