News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nervous as all hell

Started by SFRT, December 29, 2008, 01:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

nope. just some cell phone pix.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

lets see what else>>>the car ran 'clean' no burps farts or detonations. everyone there said it was 'a good decent' performance.

but I, of course, want MORE.
Always Drive Responsibly

Brock Samson

ok, what's the story on the white '68?..  :popcrn:

SFRT

its a beat to hell 68, all the panels and doors are badly dented,interiors shot, no engine. engine bay and K member are nice and shiny tho I guess someones fixing it up. it has the 2 small stripes on the back so its an r/t I think.
Always Drive Responsibly

Finn

How the heck could you tell thats a 68 from that picture??
I feel like such a noob now lol
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Ghoste

The pointy dash pad and door lock buttons near the back of the door.

Finn

Ohhhhhh learn something new everypost  :icon_smile_big: :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

hemi-hampton

Have ever ran the 1/4 mile with it? Wonder what it would do? LEON.

SFRT

no I have not. after i get a couple thousand more miles on it and feel I have the shifting dialed in I will probably take it out and give it a shot.
Always Drive Responsibly

firefighter3931

Quote from: SFRT on December 29, 2008, 06:45:11 PM
so basically..if one allows a 20% power loss for the drivetrain I got around

485 HP at flywheel
405 at Rear wheel.

there is definately room for improvement.

With a stick the parasitic loss is closer to 15% so based on those RWL numbers you're making around 470hp at the crank.....about where it should be given that engine combination.  :yesnod:

The cam is holding it back, no doubt about it. The shop did a nice job dialing in the A/F ratio and #'s in the 12 af's always produce excellent peak power....lean is mean.  ;)

To make more power you will need more cam with longer duration and increased lift. The heads could also use some portwork....there's usually at least 10cfm in the valvejob alone. The RPM dualplane makes awesome torque but it does choke off some top end power. I found this out firsthand when we dyno tested my 446....the RPM gave up 30 HP to the Street Dominator on back to back tests. Your carb is plenty.....mine is very similar and it made 540hp so there's no need to upgrade.  :Twocents:

Overall, that is a nice running engine given the sum of it's parts....nothing to be ashamed of !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

SFRT

cool. I am definately going to get a bett :coolgleamA:er cam for it and all of that.
Always Drive Responsibly

Just 6T9 CHGR

Damn those are real impressive #'s to the wheels.....mine only made 270hp :rotz:
Which I guess inst too bad for an auto with a relatively stock build & stock manifolds....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Silver R/T

good numbers for a car that you can drive daily on pump gas
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722