News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How 'bout those Dolphins !!

Started by hemi68charger, December 29, 2008, 12:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

How 'Bout it? Well, even if they don't win another game, it (the season) was pretty stellar....... Go 'FINS !!!!!
Story book finish to a season for Pennington... Beat his old time on their turf...

Just dawned on me......... They went from 1-15 to 11-5........  The same numbers, same positions, but the hyphen in a different location...  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Chris G.

Knocked the Pats out and got the Jets coached canned. How can anyone be mad about that?  :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 29, 2008, 02:31:06 PM
Is Big B going to retire now? 

There's rumors that The Big Tuna (Parcells) will leave Miami if the Dolphins are sold.. Wayne H. is looking to sell...........

Article on the Rumor

Truths and Rumors: cnn.com

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

nh_mopar_fan

It's a nice story, especially for Pennington.

mopar0166

Being a long time jets fan i can honestly say I'm happy with our season, yes it didn't end up the way id like but we accomplished alot more then other teams not going to the playoffs this year.  With the rough schedule we will be dealing with next year, the jets need all of their ducks in a row.   :brickwall:

Mangini was an OK coach, he tried to be too much like NE and that pissed me.  Some of his play calling really sucked!
I'm glad to see him go and look forward to the new coaching staff.  :2thumbs:

Brett farve, is thinking he will be back but we all know that will depend mainly on his health at this point.  If I was a guessing man id also say that decision  will be heavily weighted on who becomes the new coach for the jets as well.

Lastly Congrats to Pennington!  If any one but the jets has to go to the playoffs, I'm happy to see that it was him and not NE AGAIN!  

Looking forward to the playoffs with the Steelers being my substitute team to root for! Id also like to see the Eagles do fairly well .     :popcrn: :cheers:

nh_mopar_fan

Favre sucks.

His team's season ended this year just as it did last year. A ill-conceived pass that was intercepted.

TheGhost

Helluva turnaround, that's for sure.  First time the Dolphins went to the playoffs in how many years now?

Either way, great season, alot better than I was expecting.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

69_500

Well you should already know that I'm happy with the season so far. i've spent the last 4 days trying to get ahold of a way to go to the game on sunday. Just can't figure out a way to get from the game back to Indy by 6 am on Monday morning for work.

hemi68charger

Go DOLPHINS !!!!! Against Baltimore............ Jan.04, 2009
Troy

hemi68charger

Well, it was a good run.............  :cheers:

Troy
Troy

Chris G.

Definitely a good run.

Who can be upset by the turnaround this team made.  :2thumbs:

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

69_500

Man what a game that the defense played (for both teams). If the Dolphins hadn't given away 3 easy turnovers it would have been a nail biter. Congrats to the Ravens their defense is tough.

Although I gotta admit they didn't really move the ball on the Dolphins defense either.

472 R/T SE

Congrats to the Fins.

For you fans, you better hope they don't pick up Carl Peterson like what's rumored.  Maybe King Carl's changed his ways and can lead Miami to the promised land.  :shruggy:

Ah hell, whom I kiddin'.  He'll bring the franchise mediocrity and as long as the owner is happy with that, that's all you get.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

CARL PETERSON HEADED TO MIAMI?
Posted by Josh Alper on January 4, 2009, 10:28 a.m.

It's unclear if Bill Parcells will exercise the escape clause in his contract with the Dolphins, but Carl Peterson may have something to do with his decision. The former Chiefs G.M. is close to new Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and, according to Adam Schefter, people around the league are convinced that Peterson is headed to Miami "sooner rather than later."

Ross owned the Philadelphia Stars of the USFL and Peterson was their general manager. Peterson's teams compiled a 48-13-1 record and he won two USFL Executive of the Year awards.

That makes Peterson the likely successor if Parcells decides to leave. It could also increase the likelihood that the Tuna takes his money and runs. If Parcells stays, Ross could hire Peterson in another capacity and create a situation where Parcells has less decision-making power.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 04, 2009, 11:04:40 PM
Congrats to the Fins.

For you fans, you better hope they don't pick up Carl Peterson like what's rumored.  Maybe King Carl's changed his ways and can lead Miami to the promised land.  :shruggy:

Ah hell, whom I kiddin'.  He'll bring the franchise mediocrity and as long as the owner is happy with that, that's all you get.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

CARL PETERSON HEADED TO MIAMI?
Posted by Josh Alper on January 4, 2009, 10:28 a.m.

It's unclear if Bill Parcells will exercise the escape clause in his contract with the Dolphins, but Carl Peterson may have something to do with his decision. The former Chiefs G.M. is close to new Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and, according to Adam Schefter, people around the league are convinced that Peterson is headed to Miami "sooner rather than later."

Ross owned the Philadelphia Stars of the USFL and Peterson was their general manager. Peterson's teams compiled a 48-13-1 record and he won two USFL Executive of the Year awards.

That makes Peterson the likely successor if Parcells decides to leave. It could also increase the likelihood that the Tuna takes his money and runs. If Parcells stays, Ross could hire Peterson in another capacity and create a situation where Parcells has less decision-making power.

Wow...........  Didn't see that coming as a possibility...........
Troy

69_500

Isn't going to happen. The Tuna is staying put for at least 1 more year. I think he will be there for 3-4 years total. Like he has been everywhere else he has been. And one thing is consistent with every team he goes to. Each of them has made the playoffs the first year he was there, and 2 of them made the Superbowl in the 4th year he was there. Might have made it in Dallas if he had stayed 4 years, but the coaching staff they have there now is soft, which suits me just fine as I can't stand the cowboys. Any weekend the Dolphins win, and the Cowboys lose is a perfect weekend.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on January 05, 2009, 08:31:50 PM
... Any weekend the Dolphins win, and the Cowboys lose is a perfect weekend.

No truer words spoken................  I've been against the Cowboys since they beat the Fish in the Superbowl back in '72.... The timing of me moving to Ft.Worth with the Air Force with the Tom Laundry fiasco all over tv 24/7 didn't help either............  :icon_smile_big:

Boy,,,,, do I hold a grudge or what?
Troy

moparstuart

pray that petersen does not get hired   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

472 R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on January 06, 2009, 08:49:01 AM
pray that petersen does not get hired   :Twocents:

He hasn't even had his last presser saying good bye to KC and he's down in Miami hob nobbing with folk down there before the game.

That's the new owner on the left and a Dolphins lapel on the sport coat of King Carl.

From one of the quotes I read I can just imagine what's going through Carl's mind, "Boy I hope playoff appearances doesn't get brought up!"  ;)

TheGhost

Foreman72

may i say that as i pats fan, i was super glad when they lost...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

hemi68charger

Quote from: Foreman72 on January 07, 2009, 10:17:05 AM
may i say that as i pats fan, i was super glad when they lost...

:icon_smile_big:   Don't be hateful..... 
Troy

Foreman72

only the amount the situation called for :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat