News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So what did your CHARGER get for CHRISTMAS today?

Started by 73TXRallye440, December 25, 2008, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-tee-nine

This is what I bought for my 69. I was not intended to buy me a original one but I could'nt pass on this one.

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Hemidog

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on December 25, 2008, 11:45:52 PM
Quote from: terrible one on December 25, 2008, 05:21:45 PM

:2thumbs: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

I have those seats in my 70. Very comfortable. I got some new floor mats and a pistol grip shifter!   :drool5:
Another  :2thumbs: for those seats, they are great! especially compared to the old ones!

d/ur/t

New A/C system
New seat foam
New alternator
New gas tank and straps
New Console
New R/T Door covers
New Engine Brackets
New complete exhaust system {extractors 2 1/2 twin system } summit racing

All arriving monday

cheers

sunroofblacklee

Some new rubber (275-60-15's) goodyear eagle gt II's. Should look alot different with these on the back of it.
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black

royt440

Mr. Gasket Hilborn style scoop for dual Edelbrock carbs.

Arizona Dave

Quote from: terrible one on December 25, 2008, 07:21:55 PM
Hey guys,

The seats are a universal type from summit. The recline, slide forward and back, and fold forward for rear passengers. I'm much more impressed with them than I thought I would be looking at the pictures!

I've also got new door panels and carpet on the way!

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G1159-2&N=700+4294804476+400304+115&autoview=sku

Rolling Thunder, didn't your Satty have Keystones on it when you bought it? What's happening to them??

I really like those seats.  I may order a set.  My 69 R/T has a tan interior, though the black looks so cool, I probably wouldn't even recover them.  You may have started something here: Spring '09, we may all have these cool seats in our cars. 
I checked out the site and it mentions that no seat mounting brackets are included.  What's your plan here?  Do you think you can you use original seat rail/bracket hardware, or will you fab some?
Dave
High Speed & Low Drag, Baby!
Look me up when you're in AZ.
Arizona Dave

Hemidog

Quote from: Arizona Dave on December 26, 2008, 12:21:22 PM

Hey guys,

The seats are a universal type from summit. The recline, slide forward and back, and fold forward for rear passengers. I'm much more impressed with them than I thought I would be looking at the pictures!

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G1159-2&N=700+4294804476+400304+115&autoview=sku

Rolling Thunder, didn't your Satty have Keystones on it when you bought it? What's happening to them??

I really like those seats.  I may order a set.  My 69 R/T has a tan interior, though the black looks so cool, I probably wouldn't even recover them.  You may have started something here: Spring '09, we may all have these cool seats in our cars. 
I checked out the site and it mentions that no seat mounting brackets are included.  What's your plan here?  Do you think you can you use original seat rail/bracket hardware, or will you fab some?
Dave
I used these:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G1151&N=700+-44828+115&autoview=sku

works fine, but I am gonna cut them at an angle, to tilt the seats backwards a bit this winter.

terrible one

Quote from: Hemidog on December 26, 2008, 01:26:44 PM
Quote from: Arizona Dave on December 26, 2008, 12:21:22 PM

Hey guys,

Dave
I used these:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G1151&N=700+-44828+115&autoview=sku

works fine, but I am gonna cut them at an angle, to tilt the seats backwards a bit this winter.

That's the exact link I was going to post; that's my plan as well.  :2thumbs:

68coronetGLwannabe

If any of you live where there is a Checker Auto parts store they carry those seats. I caught mine on sale for $250 for the pair. I think regular price was around $179 each.  :2thumbs:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

terrible one

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on December 26, 2008, 01:40:24 PM
If any of you live where there is a Checker Auto parts store they carry those seats. I caught mine on sale for $250 for the pair. I think regular price was around $179 each.  :2thumbs:

Damn! Yeah, I paid $190 each for these. At least there isn't a Checker anywhere close so that I don't have to kick myself!

Hemidog, so the seats work fine with the console?

BB1

New Hemi Dodge Truck, to tow my bad Charger.  :nana:
Delete my profile

timinator

Set of aluminium heads for the 69 and a Centerforce clutch for the 68. A girlfriend of mine made me a "Charger Tree" and stuck a set of line wrenches underneath!

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on December 26, 2008, 01:40:24 PM

Not to hijack this but I was in Checker today seats $149 maybe they have an online store if you don't have a Checker auto parts nearby.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Manfred318

I bought her a new + batt. cable, a new brake light switch, and a nice new warm car cover. :2thumbs:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

bill440rt

Can't say my Chargers "got" anything, but my machinist did get the 440 from my Project '69.  :yesnod: :METAL:

Stay tuned for the build...  :popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Tilar

Quote from: General_01 on December 26, 2008, 07:35:15 PM
Here is the link if you wanted to get them online from Checkers.

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=ATG&MfrPartNumber=FML100&CategoryCode=3528

If you do a store locator search, they bring up Advanced Auto Parts stores too, so you may be able to get them at Advanced if one is close by.

Oh, and mine didn't get anything on Christmas Day, but I have a grille on the way that may get here next week!  :yesnod:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

pettyfan43

My 66 cleaned up this year, My brake stuff, (Booster, Master Cyl Shoes, Wheel Cylinders, Hardware) and also getting a new Distributor, and a Pertronix changeover. FINALLY got my hood latch and accelerator cable squared away and am waiting for the Limit switches for the headlights!

almerkel

restored gage set from Redline gages.  no pictures yet.  I have to wait until I get home from Iraq.  Life is good!!

WM23N1G1

500hp_440

fuel tank, lines pump and clips, brake cylinder, lines, and clips, starter heat sheild, heat sheild tape, hood bumper kit, battery tray
$1k at yearone with a 20% discount..... expensive chinese crap i hate installing it because it dont belong near the car but thats all i can find
Let it alone^.

tommymac

My charger got new armrest bases and new inside door handles.   :2thumbs:

superduperbee

A huge Boom Box for it's garage that can be heard over the compressor :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton