News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Belgian Stroker

Started by Belgium R/T -68, December 20, 2008, 05:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Need some help with ideas how to lay the fuellines in the best and nicest way, have a set of Fabulous Fabrications fuellines but they are made
for stock intake and heads so I'm a little bit stucked here. Maybe let the lines go behind the engine and under the headers? :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Belgium R/T -68

Anybody with experience of laying the fuelline "backwards", towards the firewall and down between the headers and engineblock to the pump?

Per

b5blue

Per some guys here have done it, with others approving so I think you would be OK. I wish I could remember who it was?

firefighter3931

Per, if it were mine i would cut and re-bend the supply line so that it's routed like stock. Try to keep the fuel lines away from any heat source as much as possible.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 08, 2009, 09:27:39 PM
Per, if it were mine i would cut and re-bend the supply line so that it's routed like stock. Try to keep the fuel lines away from any heat source as much as possible.

Ron

Ron,
The problem is the space between the heads and the distributor but I will have a second look. I also think the lines going into the carb
needs to be bended a little bit downwards but that's not an issue.

Per

b5blue

Maybe run like a six pack to come over closer to carb /_/__ instead of "T" ? That would move line over away from head.  :scratchchin: In the front of the engine the fan blows heat away.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on July 09, 2009, 07:55:58 AM
Maybe run like a six pack to come over closer to carb /_/__ instead of "T" ? That would move line over away from head.  :scratchchin: In the front of the engine the fan blows heat away.

I'm looking into all possibilities, must be functional and professional looking. :2thumbs:

Per

b5blue

The whole project is looking super!  :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Getting ready for startup as far as the engine concerns, still need some electrical installation. Did gave it the final touch today by mounting
the Firecore sparkcables Ron supplied me with. :2thumbs:

Next headache will be to find brackets for the throttlecable and kickdownwire. :scratchchin: Anybody with goed ideas using the
Performer RPM intake?

Per

SeattleCharger

wow, what a sweet azz motor, wow    :drool5:     :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Belgium R/T -68

Any ideas on throttlewire/kickdowwire brackets for a Performer RPM?

Per

Mick70RR

Per, I cut the stock throttle cable bracket in two and welded a couple of pieces of steel in so it would clear the Performer RPM manifold.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks :cheers: You are lucky you don't need a kickdownwire. :icon_smile_big:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Video available in my projectthread. :2thumbs:

Per

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 29, 2009, 11:24:42 AM
Video available in my projectthread. :2thumbs:

Per

can you please put a link here for your vid?  
thanks,
Nate,                          sure is a beautiful looking engine,  (& engine compartment)    :drool5:   :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 29, 2009, 01:05:51 PM

Here you go Nate :cheers:

Per

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYuPw9afS0s

oh ya, that's real nice,  sounds like a beast,  like the color of your 68, bet you can't wait to driver around in it

theycallmeagee

Congrats.  Nice resto and very good choice of motor.  :drool5:
When you going to get that thing on a dyno?
How much power you think it makes?  Ron?

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: theycallmeagee on November 29, 2009, 09:45:49 PM

Since I didn't had the opportunity to take it to a shop which has a dyno for these engines I will certainly try to make it to a chassiedyno.
The engine is build for torque so I don't think the HP figure is very high.

Per

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 08, 2010, 01:32:34 PM

Since I didn't had the opportunity to take it to a shop which has a dyno for these engines I will certainly try to make it to a chassiedyno.

Per

Yep, it will make a LOT of torque....probably in the 600ftlb range at the crank.  :2thumbs: The horsepower will hang on too with the wide lobed cam profile. If i had to put a number on it : 535-540HP should be in the ballpark.  :yesnod: These are crank numbers of course....there will be some loss at the rear wheels.  ;)

It's gonna be a fun ride with broad power from idle to redline....it'll pull hard all the way through !  :icon_smile_big:

Per, when Mike had his 505 on Barton's dyno the A/F ratios were perfect with the Proform 950 right out of the box. It wouldn't hurt to bring some extra jets when you chassis dyno the beast but it shouldn't need much change from stock jetting...if any.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: firefighter3931 on February 08, 2010, 02:48:48 PM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 08, 2010, 01:32:34 PM

Per

Yep, it will make a LOT of torque....probably in the 600ftlb range at the crank.  :2thumbs: The horsepower will hang on too with the wide lobed cam profile. If i had to put a number on it : 535-540HP should be in the ballpark.  :yesnod: These are crank numbers of course....there will be some loss at the rear wheels.  ;)

It's gonna be a fun ride with broad power from idle to redline....it'll pull hard all the way through !  :icon_smile_big:

Per, when Mike had his 505 on Barton's dyno the A/F ratios were perfect with the Proform 950 right out of the box. It wouldn't hurt to bring some extra jets when you chassis dyno the beast but it shouldn't need much change from stock jetting...if any.

Ron
Hi Ron :cheers:
Nice to hear you again, my hair stands straight up on my arms when you talk like that :lol: I can finish up the grille this weekend it should be
ready for a first tesrun. :icon_smile_big:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Hi Ron :cheers: Somewhere in the post above I wrote what I wanted to say but it didn't really work the way I wanted. :lol:

Per

SeattleCharger

I don't know a lot about Belgium, but isn't it really wintery there?   for doing a test drive? just curious.
thanks,
Nate

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: SeattleCharger on February 09, 2010, 12:03:46 AM
I don't know a lot about Belgium, but isn't it really wintery there?   for doing a test drive? just curious.
thanks,
Nate

Hi Nate, it's freezing right now but no snow. With testdrive I mean just check that transmission and brakes are working if it doesn't snow or rain.

Per

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 08, 2010, 03:39:28 PM
Hi Ron :cheers: Somewhere in the post above I wrote what I wanted to say but it didn't really work the way I wanted. :lol:

Per

It's OK Per...i know what you meant.  ;)  I'm excited for you....it's gonna be lotsa fun.  :icon_smile_big:

How cold is it there ? It's freezing up here -20*C  :eek2:

Ron