News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wayne Perkins 69 500 restoration begins

Started by moparstuart, December 15, 2008, 03:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Awesome, the C500 is looking AWESOME!!! Anymore pictures of the General Lee :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

WINGMAN

Waynes car and mine 500 are four numbers apart, his lower.  Looking goog Wayne :2thumbs: Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

moparstuart

Wayne had the interior dyed so all the reds match ( he had like 8 different shades going on ).  . He and I are going to reskin his seats soon (new legendary covers). Money has been tight . But he  is still plugging away .  The # 's matching trans is rebuild and ready to go in and he has it at the shop having all new brakes installed .
  The #'s matching motor is tired so he will have it rebuild at a later point to install later. He had a fresh 440 already done he will use for now in the 500.  His plan is to take the car to talledege .  Anyway thats is the plan as of now .

stuart
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on June 11, 2009, 02:34:54 PM
Wayne had the interior dyed so all the reds match ( he had like 8 different shades going on ).  . He and I are going to reskin his seats soon (new legendary covers). Money has been tight . But he  is still plugging away .  The # 's matching trans is rebuild and ready to go in and he has it at the shop having all new brakes installed .
  The #'s matching motor is tired so he will have it rebuild at a later point to install later. He had a fresh 440 already done he will use for now in the 500.  His plan is to take the car to talledege .  Anyway thats is the plan as of now .

stuart

He must be having a light wallet syndrome having two cars worked on at once.

Good to know he's bringing this C500 to Talledega.   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

pettybird

stuart

I would MUCH rather sell the wrong motor and get the right one rebuilt.  I'd never be motivated to change the damn thing later. 

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on June 12, 2009, 04:19:28 PM

stuart

I would MUCH rather sell the wrong motor and get the right one rebuilt.  I'd never be motivated to change the damn thing later. 
Yeah but the motor is with the car so it can be sold with it (if that ever happened).  It will never leave his hands untill he's dead i would imagine .  Plus there are pleanty other project for the good 440 to go in once it's tenyear is done in the 500.  No reason to sell it to rebuild the #'s motor .  #'s motor will make it into the car some day.  In a perfect world he would have tons of money to restore them all perfect right now.  Hes Retired postal worker so live on a set income .  :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns:  going postal

paironines

I don't know if I missed the answer to this but, what's the story on the 70 Charger with the dented bumper you can see in one picture?  R/T I presume judging by the other cars?

moparstuart

Quote from: paironines on June 12, 2009, 09:50:17 PM
I don't know if I missed the answer to this but, what's the story on the 70 Charger with the dented bumper you can see in one picture?  R/T I presume judging by the other cars?
very nice manual car hit hard on the right side , will be restored one day

moparstuart

any glove box experts on a charger 500  ???

wayne cant figure out what was written on his glove box   

Here is a good one for your Charger guys.  Any idea what was written on my 500 glove box?

moparstuart

motor  in         :drool5:

Blown70

moparstuart

he has been plugging away at the car and should have the motor up and running soon .

moparstuart

car is now complete

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

tan top

:yesnod:   love that color combo :coolgleamA:  recal wheels  look  great  :drool5:

nice looking C500  :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

pettybird

thankfully it has the stock hood!

how nice is it compared to your birdible, stu?

moparstuart

I would say it's nicer then the birdible , I still have some stuff i want to have redone on it . Wayne has already had it back to the body shop to have several things fixed . He does warranty his work .

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

pettybird

I really like white and red cars, and this is one of the only cars I like recall wheels on--congratulate him on a nice resurrection, but tell him I'm disappointed it's not painted like the Goldsmith car  ;)

why did the quarter panel marker reflector bezels get painted stripe color?  in the "before" photos they're body color--was there red under the white under the red or something?