News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Typical Rear Window Rust Issues

Started by tipopiola, October 31, 2005, 12:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tipopiola

Hey guys-     I've got a couple of 68's with the typical rust around the two bottom corners of the rear glass.  Just wondering what you guys do as far as repairs for this problem.  I've seen the replacement sail panel pieces that year one sells, but I don't think I need them.  It would only take a small patch about 3x1/2 inches tops.  I know that almost all b-bodies had this problem and I was hoping I could get some insight on how you all have tackled this problem and some pics to go by.  Very much appreciated, Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

quikshft

I've actually fabbed some small patches out of 'extra' sheet metal and welded them in. If you've got some heavy rust, your patches might end up bigger than you think in order to get back to good metal to weld to.
Also, consider that just because you buy a 'complete' section to patch, doesn't mean you have to use it all.