News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don't you just love a form fitted cover?

Started by Ghoste, December 06, 2008, 05:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

No joke, I just saw this photo and really liked the way the cover fit the car.  Stupid maybe but I'm bored so here it is.  :nana:

hotrod98

I need a couple of those. They're expensive.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 06, 2008, 06:06:24 PM
I need a couple of those. They're expensive.
just bought one cost me , 150.00 total  to have california car covers make it to custom fit my convertible top roof line   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

62 Max

They save a lot of cleaning. :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

Seems like I priced one of them and it was $250. I always buy the type that can be used outside in the rain since it seems like every time we take the cars out of town it rains. The area can be in the middle of an eight year drought and it will still rain on us.  ;D

Charles Addams

pandamarie

Wow Moparstuart you got off cheap. I just paid 400 for one to fit my 1941 Packard business coupe. let me know what the # is for your carcover so I can get one ordered for my Daytona clone. its still in pieces, waiting on my son to do anything is like waiting for hell to freeze over.

moparstuart

Quote from: pandamarie on December 07, 2008, 11:12:21 AM
Wow Moparstuart you got off cheap. I just paid 400 for one to fit my 1941 Packard business coupe. let me know what the # is for your carcover so I can get one ordered for my Daytona clone. its still in pieces, waiting on my son to do anything is like waiting for hell to freeze over.
the guy who restored my birdible loves packards, he has 2 mid 50's and a 1929  very cool cars .

hotrod98

Quote from: pandamarie on December 07, 2008, 11:12:21 AM

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think that it might have been $350 for the "best" quality car cover. I remember being shocked at the price. I usually buy the Wolfe brand covers for my cars and their premium quality covers run around $200.

Charles Addams

billssuperbird

i got mine from year one and it covers great. :yesnod:

BigBlockSam

hey

the indoor covers are cheaper . Noah fabric , that i've found are the best for the outdoor use .are about $250 . i put a beach ball on the trunk lid under the cover so i don't get a puddle under the wing  . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

Anyone ever get a Superbird logo silkscreened on the upright portion of the cover or Daytona silkscreened on the rear hindquarter?  I saw an AAR many years ago that had the AAR stripe silkscreened to the cover where it would be on the car and I always thought it looked kind of cool.

hotrod98

Charles Addams

moparstuart

they are having a free shipping sale spend 199.00 and up and get free shipping

CALIFORNIA CAR COVERS             http://www.calcarcover.com/cover_main.aspx

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: moparstuart on December 11, 2008, 09:00:15 AM
they are having a free shipping sale spend 199.00 and up and get free shipping

CALIFORNIA CAR COVERS             http://www.calcarcover.com/cover_main.aspx

Thanks for the heads up on free shipping :2thumbs: I already have there car covers for the 2 birds and have been kicking idea of getting one for my Viper truck....I just ordered one for it $199 w/free shipping.
Ken

Aero426

Does anyone make a plain cotton cover anymore?   I really don't want one of those multi layer covers (hard to store).

moparstuart

Mine is more of the heavy canvas with the light felt type backing,  not one of those multiweave or spongy ones.

I'll try to get a picture this weekend but mine looks alot like 62 max's cover.

62 Max

Quote from: DougSchellinger on December 11, 2008, 01:19:47 PM
Does anyone make a plain cotton cover anymore?   I really don't want one of those multi layer covers (hard to store).

Doug,

The cover above is from California Car Covers.It is cotton, flannel lined.Car is always garaged so i didn't need outside protection.It is also 16yrs old and has held up very well,only washed once,They still have the same cover available..  Price is $219 shipped.

From their catalog:

Our Plushweave car cover is the only true 100% cotton car cover you will find. Other manufacturers carry a poly-cotton material that is not nearly as soft or breathable. Made of 100% cotton fabric, the Plushweave cover has an added pure cotton flannel lining for paint pampering protection. Its ultra dense construction does a superior job of cushioning against scratches and dings. Perfect for both indoor and fair weather use; it does an excellent job against sun, dew, pollutants and is treated with 3M Scotchgard for light water repellency. The special construction allows the fabric to remain breathable which aids in air-drying and heat reduction to keep your vehicle cooler. Each cover is tailor-made to your exact needs and guaranteed to never scratch. Not recommended for extended outdoor storage. 2-year limited warranty. Our soft, flannel lined Plushweave material is also available for motorcycle applications. Available in Grey or Black. Made in the U.S.A.

Aero426

Yep, that might have to do.   I have a lightweight polycotton (no inside flannel layer) for the Bird, but it's now 30 years old and is well worn.     Is your cover bulky to deal with when its off the car?   I've seen some where they literally take up the whole trunk. 

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on December 11, 2008, 02:04:34 PM
Yep, that might have to do.   I have a lightweight polycotton (no inside flannel layer) for the Bird, but it's now 30 years old and is well worn.     Is your cover bulky to deal with when its off the car?   I've seen some where they literally take up the whole trunk. 
they go in a sleeping bag size stuff bag so some what bulky

62 Max

Quote from: DougSchellinger on December 11, 2008, 02:04:34 PM

I usually fold up both side to the middle of the roof,fold it again and then roll it up from front to back.Probably ends up about 20" in diameter and about 36" long if you roll it tight.

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

:drool5: more

moparstuart

:popcrn:

WingCharger

I would leave the garage door open with the rear end sitting out just to see the people that stop. :icon_smile_big:

pettybird

Quote from: WingCharger on January 03, 2009, 07:43:40 PM
I would leave the garage door open with the rear end sitting out just to see the people that stop. :icon_smile_big:

we used to have windows in our garage doors (they were old doors.)  we'd keep a can of oil or something on the wing so that when we got home we knew immediately whether or not the 'birds were in there.

some guys from out of town found them that way, too--they couldn't otherwise figure out why oil cans would float like that!