News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I want to see your 71-72 chargers!!

Started by KillerBee1972, December 02, 2008, 07:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4aThrill

Hemidoug

Mine just before Christmas.... :cheers:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

MoparFrank

[/quote]
Just out of curiosity what size tires do you have on the rear and fronts??
[/quote] No Problem :yesnod:

P225x70 R15 on the fronts.

P275x60 R15 on the rears.

MoparFrank

QuotePlus wheel width & backspacing please :popcrn:

Wheel sizes:
Fronts 15x7
Rears 15x8.

backspacing:
Do you mean measure between the inside of tire /wheel and the inside of wheel well?
I would like to help you but, I don't quit understand what you are looking for. I can tell you they don't rub anywhere.

MoparFrank

QuoteNice SE Frank :2thumbs: If you haven't already, check out my '71-'74 Charger forum. It seems like 1 out of every 10 of my members own '72 SE Charger's (there's a lot anyway). I sold my '72 SE, but the current owner is on my site showing the restoration too.
Pete

Pete,
I have it booked marked, looks like a great site, I'll be spending some time there. I haven't signed up and registered yet, but I'm going to.
Thanks! 
Frank

MoparFrank

quapman

Quote from: MoparFrank on January 04, 2009, 08:30:08 AM
Pete,
I have it booked marked, looks like a great site, I'll be spending some time there. I haven't signed up and registered yet, but I'm going to.
Thanks! 
Frank

What the heck are you waiting for? C'mon over to the dark side!

HemiTom

I want to see more 72 SE'S.....anymore on here???????

KillerBee1972

Quote from: HemiTom on January 11, 2009, 01:33:32 AM

Here is another one of mine, right after rebuild!!
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

KillerBee1972

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on January 11, 2009, 12:18:16 PM
Quote from: HemiTom on January 11, 2009, 01:33:32 AM

Here is another one of mine, right after rebuild!!

P.S. the exhaust did get cut back more!!!
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

last426

I finally got the original wheels and caps on my car.  And on Sheldon, he really helped a great deal when I was shopping for mine.  I had no idea about hemis and the parts to look for.  Thanks again, Sheldon.  If you want to see more of my car, check out www.marlia.com. Kim

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Hemidoug

Hey Kim, is your car repainted or original? How about the underside, is that all factory? The reason I ask is I'm looking to duplicate the factory undercoating patterns and other misc finishes. You photos are the most documented I've seen so far. Do you have any more that were not posted on your web site? Any help would be deeply appreciated. Great looking car BTW!

OH...I noticed your steel rims are painted black. Is that the way your car came or are they supposed to be body color? I got one original rim with my car (spare tire) and it is body color...

last426

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 11, 2009, 09:47:26 PM
Hey Kim, is your car repainted or original? How about the underside, is that all factory? The reason I ask is I'm looking to duplicate the factory undercoating patterns and other misc finishes. You photos are the most documented I've seen so far. Do you have any more that were not posted on your web site? Any help would be deeply appreciated. Great looking car BTW!

OH...I noticed your steel rims are painted black. Is that the way your car came or are they supposed to be body color? I got one original rim with my car (spare tire) and it is body color...

The original owner had it repainted about 18 years ago.  Most all of the car is original -- I even have the original light bulbs and shocks though they are in a box and not on the car.  The wheels are correct since the car was made on May 3 and starting on May 1 Mopar did away with body colored wheels and went with black ones.  If you need any specific pictures, let me know.  If I don't have to jack up the car, I will take them for you.  So far as I know, nothing has been touched underneath.  Kim

mikesbbody

[ If you need any specific pictures, let me know.  If I don't have to jack up the car, I will take them for you.

I LOVE those wheels kim! thanks for posting  :2thumbs: as far as pics go i hope you will post more just like the ones you posted (full, big pics any angle) hemi chargers dont grow on trees!  :cheers: 

nakita7

Is it true, they made Chargers before 71?  ;) :stirthepot:

Hemidoug

Quote from: last426 on January 11, 2009, 10:17:36 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on January 11, 2009, 09:47:26 PM

The original owner had it repainted about 18 years ago.  Most all of the car is original -- I even have the original light bulbs and shocks though they are in a box and not on the car.  The wheels are correct since the car was made on May 3 and starting on May 1 Mopar did away with body colored wheels and went with black ones.  If you need any specific pictures, let me know.  If I don't have to jack up the car, I will take them for you.  So far as I know, nothing has been touched underneath.  Kim

Thanks Kim. I thought it looked pretty original under there. I noticed that the radiator support got the blackout treatment but your headlight buckets are body color...is that a result of the repaint or factory? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pick it apart, I'm just trying to understand what I need to do to detail mine. What factory was yours made in? Mine was St Louis (G) and was built in Sep 70.

histoy

Kim, I really like the site you have to highlight your fine looking car.  Great job!

last426

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 12, 2009, 07:43:06 AMI noticed that the radiator support got the blackout treatment but your headlight buckets are body color...is that a result of the repaint or factory? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pick it apart, I'm just trying to understand what I need to do to detail mine. What factory was yours made in? Mine was St Louis (G) and was built in Sep 70.

I am not sure.  I took a pic and it looks like some overspray -- don't know where that came from.  It was built at Lynch.  And I don't mind any questions -- it is what it is and if I know the answer I will help anyway that I can.  Oh, one last thing.  The car has zebart (I think that's what it is called) because it came from Chicago.  Kim

ramit

Here is a pic of my 72 se!   It is a factory 400 4 barrel with a slapstick Auto tranny.   It is has a lot of options including a power sunroof.

General_01

Quote from: ramit on January 13, 2009, 09:03:46 PM
Here is a pic of my 72 se!   It is a factory 400 4 barrel with a slapstick Auto tranny.   It is has a lot of options including a power sunroof.

Nice!  :drool5:

Keystones!!  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

HemiTom

mach123

Here is a 72 charger I found last yr, starting to strip inside, hope these pics work..............

JB400

Welcome to the group and thanks for sharing :2thumbs:  Looks like quite the project.  What's on your blue prints for it? :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: