News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

452 Heads

Started by Moparbob, November 27, 2008, 01:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparbob

Someone told me the 452 440 heads are pretty good heads. Anybody know and what can I do to tweak them out?

Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Sublime/Sixpack

They're on par with the 906 heads, plus they have hardeded exhaust seats. They respond to port work if its done correctly.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

firefighter3931

:iagree: The 452 castings respond well to mild bowl porting. If you feel like grinding some Iron with your dremmel get a set of the MP porting templates and go to work. This is usually worth 30-50hp depending on the rest of the combination. Freshen up the valvejob and use a good valvespring that matches your cam profile.  :yesnod:

For a mild build like you're contemplating this is as far as i would go.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs