News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 parts

Started by hemi68charger, November 24, 2008, 01:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey guys...
Is there a vendor or supplier out there for HD 727 parts, for example, the 4-roller planteries and bigger clutch drum?

Thanks..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

lisiecki1

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

rudyjrusa

how much is it to rebuild a 727 transmission??  mine was working - i changed the fluid and filter and now the transmission does not engage and cannot move forward or reverse. not sure what happened??  any advice??

Winged 1

;)
Try putting it into neutral and let the motor run awhile to get fluid thru out the system.
If that does not work some one smarter than me might be able to help. This seems to be common on here that every thing works until after the fluid change. Hope it does work for ya.
Eric

Ghoste

A&A transmission also have those parts.  Not sure who has the better deal.

John_Kunkel

I realize my advice wasn't asked for but IMHO you don't need the 4-pinion planetaries, the weak spot in the planetaries is the spline in the front planet carrier, not the pinion count.

As to the "bigger clutch drum" the only drum that was actually bigger was the Hemi front drum and it is not only obsolete but very expensive when found. It also needs the accompanying rear drum.

Unless you're making an ungodly amount of power the 4-disc front drum is sufficient.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

idahogrumpy

Thanks John,,, Please continue your input on the transmissions. I am really interested in getting to know more about these ol' 904's and 727's. Kyle  :yesnod:

And the 518's two...
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY
Modified 73 440 Charger, 03 Intrepid SXT, 02 Neon and 2001 Ram 1500 .

hemi68charger

Quote from: John_Kunkel on November 25, 2008, 07:52:54 PM

I realize my advice wasn't asked for but IMHO you don't need the 4-pinion planetaries, the weak spot in the planetaries is the spline in the front planet carrier, not the pinion count.

As to the "bigger clutch drum" the only drum that was actually bigger was the Hemi front drum and it is not only obsolete but very expensive when found. It also needs the accompanying rear drum.

Unless you're making an ungodly amount of power the 4-disc front drum is sufficient.

Thanks ya'll...........
I think I'll stick with the 4-clutch drums like in the HD's......  This will be a street driven version of a resto., so no front wheel launching in it's future..  :D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

flyinlow

I don't think the torque converter refills in park . Run engine with car in neutral . Check fluid level running in neutral. Give it few minutes ,shift into  drive,reverse, neutral.  Should work.

oldkimmer

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 24, 2008, 01:47:50 PM
Hey guys...
Is there a vendor or supplier out there for HD 727 parts, for example, the 4-roller planteries and bigger clutch drum?

Thanks..........
..........I have those parts+ the hd input shaft................kim.........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!