News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much should I expect to pay?

Started by jdiesel33, November 18, 2008, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdiesel33

Hi,
I have found a couple people who do auto welding on the side for extra money. Still "interviewing" them. Anyhow, I need the floor and trunk pans replace on my 68 Charger. How much should I expect for them to charge me? What would be reasonable? They would need to cut the old ones out and replace with the new ones. I believe the new ones will come in 2 separate pieces for each pan.

Thanks
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

69hemi

Expect to pay 50-75 buck/hour and depending on how bad it is somewhere between 20-40 hours of work.

Where are you located?
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

jdiesel33

I am in Plano, TX. Right outside of Dallas.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

69hemi

The big thing is what will the rest of the car be like when they cut out the bad panels?  The more rust they find the more time it will take.  It is not that hard to do why don't you take a shot at it yourself?  For the money you pay them you could get a welder and a few tools and come out ahead.

Check out the metal work I did on my Charger and GTX at www.69hemi.com

1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
02 Ram
95 Ram

AutoRust

You have to watch out for guys that do these things as "side jobs"   Check out previous stuff they have done. Look the work over carefully, check out there shop, make sure its not a back yard operation thats trying to charge first class rates.

Trunk work always seems to be more then meets the eye. Pans are one thing, then there are extensions, then the tank braces, and its always interesting to see what the area around the tail light panel is like. I usually charge 16-20 hours labor to do a trunk properly.
Floors are also challenging to do. How are the toe boards? How are the inner rockers? How are the subframes under the floor? Is there a 4-speed hump? Seat brackets? How about the back floor area? It can be simple, or it can be complicated, sometimes you never know until you dig into them. Full floor on a B-body usually runs 20-24 hours here. Thats complete, all the metal work done on a lift, seams are all sealed up, primer/sealer on both sides.

As always, whatever number your quoted, plan at least 20% more, estimates are only that.

:cheers:
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

jerry

AutoRust

Quoteget a rust free car.

If it was that easy, dont you think maybe everyone would do it?

Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

69hemi

Quote from: AutoRust on November 25, 2008, 01:03:16 PM
You have to watch out for guys that do these things as "side jobs"   Check out previous stuff they have done. Look the work over carefully, check out there shop, make sure its not a back yard operation thats trying to charge first class rates.

Trunk work always seems to be more then meets the eye. Pans are one thing, then there are extensions, then the tank braces, and its always interesting to see what the area around the tail light panel is like. I usually charge 16-20 hours labor to do a trunk properly.
Floors are also challenging to do. How are the toe boards? How are the inner rockers? How are the subframes under the floor? Is there a 4-speed hump? Seat brackets? How about the back floor area? It can be simple, or it can be complicated, sometimes you never know until you dig into them. Full floor on a B-body usually runs 20-24 hours here. Thats complete, all the metal work done on a lift, seams are all sealed up, primer/sealer on both sides.

As always, whatever number your quoted, plan at least 20% more, estimates are only that.

You are right on the money with all you say!
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
02 Ram
95 Ram