News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger III revisited

Started by Ghoste, November 15, 2008, 11:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I see MCG has an article on that Charger III body that was found not that long ago.  I believe some pics are here someplace in another thread?  Anyway, it reads like someone is trying to buy it and restore it.

Drache

Restore it? That body wasn't even from the real car! It was just a fiberglass copy if Im thinking of the same one and it wasn't even properly done....  :slap:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Khyron

if Im not mistaken it was a thread with a link to another forum.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

According to the article in MCG, it's one of the Mr. Norm copies that he sold.  The restoration part is misleading as no one is implying that it's the real car.  The body as it sits whether it's a copy or not does need restoration, the fiberglass is craked in several places and the rood section needs to be attached.  As far as trying to make a recreation of the original car theres no indication of future plans for it.  That would be the obvious route to follow though.

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on November 16, 2008, 09:21:54 AM
According to the article in MCG, it's one of the Mr. Norm copies that he sold.  The restoration part is misleading as no one is implying that it's the real car.  The body as it sits whether it's a copy or not does need restoration, the fiberglass is craked in several places and the rood section needs to be attached.  As far as trying to make a recreation of the original car theres no indication of future plans for it.  That would be the obvious route to follow though.

Ok I misunderstood and that does make a little more sense. I could see the Fibreglass body being used for a racecar or something, but there were a few spots where the body line didn't match that of the real Charger III. Still, it would be nice if someone took the time and money to create a Charger III clone!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

According to the article, Mr. Norm bought the actual moulds that Chrysler used for the real car in order to make his copies so it shouldn't be too far from the original.

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on November 16, 2008, 11:39:55 AM
According to the article, Mr. Norm bought the actual moulds that Chrysler used for the real car in order to make his copies so it shouldn't be too far from the original.

On the Charger III there was a section cut out to allow easy access to the interior when the top came up. On the Fiberglass body, that section was whole and uncut. Also there was no section for the side opening fins, nor the hole in the side just in front of the door. Granted these things could be added to the fiberglass body by the owner.  :P

Of course this all depends on if it's the same fiberglass body that I had seen on these forums earlier.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

No, the sections that need to be cut still remain to be cut.  However, the body lines appear to match.

moparstuart

mrs's vanderwoude is looking for the charger III drag car

Hi,,,

Over the weekend I met Mrs. Vanderwoude and spoke with her for some time. As a Kid I remember building the Flying Dutchman Modle so when I saw the picture of the car on her wall and found out who she was It was like going back in time.

Since then I have done some checking on the net and am amazed at how little information there is regarding Al and his cars, but I do know the he had some contact with the club in the past and had related several stories...

She has 2 wishes that I have no idea if can be accomplished but would like to see if there are any of you that have any ideas.

First is that she would love for Al to be placed in the drag racing hall of fame..

Second is to locate the Charger III to restore it an have an important peice of history preserved... The only info on the Charger is that there was a rumor a few years ago that the body was still intact and in the Midwest.

Let me know if you have any ideas and I will let her know

Thanks
John

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I have to send some other info off to MCG so I will volunteer to tack this on to it if that's okay.  Since they seemed to have their nose in the rumor maybe they can best help her?

moparstuart

sure
she is here local in the kansas city area  ,this guy john is the guy who saw her this weekend

john68gtx@yahoo.com

al was very funny and about 15 years ago did a local club meeting for us and told us tons of back in the day stories , it was an awesome night .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE