News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sox and Martin 67 GTX info needed

Started by Rolling_Thunder, November 12, 2008, 10:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

Need info on Sox and Martin 67 GTX - specificly tire size, engine modifications, and things of that nature
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

I imagine the best of the engine mods went with Jake King but I must have some old magazine around somewhere with an article on the car.  I'll see what I can dig up.

moparstuart

A buddy of mine here local John mahoney owns one of the original 67 GTX sox & martin cars.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Wasn't only one an actual GTX and the other one was a Belvedere RO car that S&M painted to look like a GTX?

Rolling_Thunder

well any help would be appreciated guys
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

Still looking.  Being Super Stock cars in 1967, they weren't incredibly modified.  The S&M RO car would have a Hemi suspension with a pinion snubber, battery in the trunk, Street Hemi engine rebuilt by Jake King and possibly with the intake modified by Arlen Vanke, and tires not a lot bigger than stock (10 inch tread?).  But there should be more detailed info somewhere.

craigandlynda

let me start by saying i am an old fart....sortof..i remember vivdly going into a showroom in springfield PA and seeing a 67 belvedere track hemi car.  it was white, full blast hemi...trunk mount battery..huge hood scoop..no power steering...no radio...and even no heater...black interior, bench seat...if i remebert right, it was a two door sedan..no fliptop gas filler...huge springs..ready to race...except for one thing...it had 7.75 x 15 inch two ply goodyear power cushions..

i think that was about april of '67...

in july that year,i bought a new 67 gtx, thinking how much more special it was cause it had nicer interior, flip filler, a nice am radio, and full wheel covers...it, too, had the two ply tires, but they were whitewalls

if i knew then, what i know now....

i saw sox+martin race  on numerous occasions at cecil county dragoway in maryland...seemed like they had a few versions of the same 67 plymouth...one sedan, one hardtop...i think.

oh well. i need to go take my geritol and lok for my granola.

Ghoste

They may have had a sedan, I'm not sure.  They definitely had more than one hardtop though.