News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

67 stripe kit

Started by dodgeboy67, October 29, 2005, 10:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgeboy67

maybe ishould put this in paint and body.....

im doing a couple of small scale models of my car to see what i like best....are there any factory graphics for 66/67?....

yes, i know that the first gens were no more than grocery getters(according to some folks) , so i dont expect that there are any......plus ive never seen any

ive tried to register at the first gen site 3 times now and it never works.....any info wold be great

and by the way, i know i ask alot of dumb questions, but i really do appreciate the input.....you guys rock!!!!!

Ghoste

There was a "Birthday" stripe that went just above the rocker on a few 67's but largely, the era of stripes and scoops and spoilers and other such image gimmicks didn't start with Mopar until later.

PM me about registering at the 66-67 site.  What seems to be the problem there?

Headrope

Back in our day the cars were usually one color; race cars were multi-colored.
I've wandered down the same path as you appear to be. Here are some pics I found while trying to decide on stripes:
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Headrope

here's another.

The blacked out part on the bumper is not part of the stripe. I blacked out the license plate out of courtesy to the owner of the car.

Headrope

I'm not sure if this sketch would actually be do-able on a real car, but thought it was interesting.

Regardless of which way you decide to go, be forewarned that there are many who will harass the crap out of you for doing something to a first gen car that wasn't offered by the factory. Many of the first gen folks get almost cult-like with their adoration of the cars. I say one's car should befit one's personality. Stripe on.

Good luck with your decision. My decision was to black out the "scoops" on the quarters.

Ghoste

"Get almost cultlike"?  Man, you know as well as I that they are already there.  100% stock correct seems much more popular with that crowd.

dodgeboy67

thanx guys.ive seen the rear 440 stripe it seemed to look ok......im not restoring the car, just making it show worthy.im toying with several ideas...to make it less of a "grocery getter"(as some call the first gen) ...like a black hood, to match the vinyl top, and some type of stripe

but i want it to stand out a little amongst the other first gens... i want to stay tasteful and try not to offend anyone.....

i guess i want to make all of those people who think that  first gens aren't  really muscle cars , think again

no offense guys, we're all on the same team here

thanx again ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D