News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steve Strope/Pure Vision 515 GTB

Started by chargerrt, November 12, 2008, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68r/t

Quote from: G-man on December 15, 2009, 06:23:49 PM
How is metric more accurate?

You can get all the inbetweens that division can not get (aka imperial).  :D

Your joking right?  :lol:

G-man

Quote from: 68r/t on December 15, 2009, 07:08:15 PM

You can get all the inbetweens that division can not get (aka imperial).  :D

Your joking right?  :lol:

well If i asked for 12.32 mm...

What imperial number would you be giving me to get me the exact size?

I dont think I was joking. Divided numbers cant give 'exact'. Even when I look at mechanical tools.. the 2 identical size, eg: 12mm socket... you have the equivalent Imperial size but the imperial size always seems half a mm bigger as though it cant be 'exact' thats what im talking about.

Ghoste

It's just two different scales of measurement.  It's impossible for one to be any more accurate than the other.  One may be easier to divide into other increments but either one will be equally accurate.  A finite measurement is a finite measurement no matter what you want to call the unit of measuring.  Anyway, that goes waaaaay too off topic even for me.  :lol:

Troy

Quote from: G-man on December 15, 2009, 07:14:43 PM
Quote from: 68r/t on December 15, 2009, 07:08:15 PM

You can get all the inbetweens that division can not get (aka imperial).  :D

Your joking right?  :lol:

well If i asked for 12.32 mm...

What imperial number would you be giving me to get me the exact size?

I dont think I was joking. Divided numbers cant give 'exact'. Even when I look at mechanical tools.. the 2 identical size, eg: 12mm socket... you have the equivalent Imperial size but the imperial size always seems half a mm bigger as though it cant be 'exact' thats what im talking about.
First, you can use decimal places with Imperial measurements. Machinists do it all the time (1/4 = .250, 1/8 = 0.125, 1/16 = .0625, 1/32 = 0.0313, 1/64 = 0.0156). How exactly would you measure 12.32 mm (most yard sticks display marks every 32nd in but most meter sticks only have marks every 1 mm)? By the way, the Imperial equivalent is 0.485 in. In that case, a 1/2" socket would work rather well but you'd be stuck with a 12 mm as too small and a 13 mm as way too big.

Second, metric sockets don't fit Imperial nuts and bolts very well either. A 1/2 in socket is 12.7 mm which is why it would appear to be .5 mm too big (1/2 in and 12 mm are not equivalent even if the sockets appear similar in size).

As for the car, not my thing.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jaak

Didn't Steve build the Petrol Charger, too?

Jason

Ghoste

Yes and the "Hammer" GTX, and a 70 Duster too that I now forget the name of.