News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Golden Throat

Started by Todd Wilson, November 01, 2008, 09:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

Got this Hallicrafters CRX-1 unit to go with my CRX-2 unit Matched set now.

Todd

Todd Wilson

69CoronetRT

Todd, you are getting quite the collection.

:cheers:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

bigred68

Hey Todd, I snapped these pics today at the Canfield swapmeet. I thought they were really neat!! The Canfield fairgrounds are about 30miles from me, IF when you check out these pics., you see a radio you can't live without, please let me know, I'll head up tomorrow and try to grab it for you. I should have gotten the guy's phone number while I was there, didn't think about it. Please enjoy!

Todd Wilson

That bottom  Hallicrafters SX-24 would be a slick radio to get but at 65$ its way over priced. Missing the meter and cover  and all the knobs but 1 are not even original to the radio. It looks beat pretty good over all.  I wouldnt want to give more then 20$ for it if I could carry it home. Add 30$ shipping and its not worth it.   That other unit with the tuning eye is kinda neat but the wood looks pretty bad and once again 35$ is way to much. Its a 10$ radio at best. The tuning eye tube in it if its good would be worth more then the whole radio probably.   If you could have talked the guy down to about 1/3 of what he was asking for each radio and could carry them home it would be worth it. Add shipping costs for you to send them to me and I dont think it would be worth the $$$ and your time and trouble to do so.   I thank you for checking them out and showing me pictures!

Todd

bigred68

Todd Wilson

Heathkit Signal Generator.  Now I will be able to do alignments on the old radios.  This thing looks like its new.

Todd

Brock Samson

Very Cool!  :2thumbs:
hey Todd i was watching these vids of the '64 Alaska Quake and thought with all the old radios and their importance in the recovery you might wanna see em..  :shruggy:

Part one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGhYMM2xeEo

Part Two:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA72rw8xezg

Ignore the crappy music at the begining it goes away after a bit..

Todd Wilson

Had to grab this Hallicrafters Signal Generator for the collection.

dodgecharger-fan

Man, you would have loved the stuff I sold on eBay a few years ago.

A Heath SB-330 Radio with the SB-600 speaker
A Heath SG-18ASine/Square wave audio generator
An Eico 324 Signal Generator
An Eico 242 bench power supply.
A Philips PM3240 Oscilloscope

All worked too. The scope needed to be calibrated, but that's it.

I just wasn't using it anymore and it was taking up space.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on May 13, 2009, 08:18:53 AM
Man, you would have loved the stuff I sold on eBay a few years ago.

A Heath SB-330 Radio with the SB-600 speaker
A Heath SG-18ASine/Square wave audio generator
An Eico 324 Signal Generator
An Eico 242 bench power supply.
A Philips PM3240 Oscilloscope

All worked too. The scope needed to be calibrated, but that's it.

I just wasn't using it anymore and it was taking up space.

Yup! Sounds like stuff I would need to start getting some of these old radios back to specs.

Todd

ipstrategies

It sounds like you are on a kick i was last couple of years with old tube amps to convert for guitar use. I stopped at around 10 and still look for a deal.
I tell you what those old tube amps sound great for guitar and any audio. I have one form the 30's with most being Bogens form 50-60s. Everyone I have been able to use and have a friend make them safe (3 prong plug) change caps etc. My daughter and I both play them all. My dad and I built her a nice 100 watt head in custom wood case and made a matching 4-12 cabinet. That thing rocks with the 100 watt down to an 18 watt tube record record player.
My kick started when my brother bought me a GIbson BR6 at a garage sale for a quarter. It came with manual and orginal canvass cover. I plugged my Gibson in and was hooked on the sound. I have owned and played tube amps over the years but these low watt amps can be driven hard for the best vintage sound.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

Todd Wilson

Got this VTVM yesterday. Needs some clean up and probably some new leads. The old vacuum tube volt meters handle the higher voltages of these old radios better then the solid state meters.

Todd Wilson

Got more test equipment so I can align and fix some of these old units. Its about time to poopoo or get off the pot on fixing..........
Heathkit Sillyscope

Todd Wilson

Another CB-3 Hallicrafters radio. Loaded with crystals.

Todd Wilson

Heathkit capacitor checker. This is a slick unit. Hook it up to the cap and look at the eye tube.

bigred68

Charger_Fan

That old Sillyscope is cool. The last time I saw one of those was when I was maybe 13 or so.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Todd Wilson

Go tthis Heathkit Signal Tracer. Should be a good unit to help figure out problems. Has a watt meter on it too. Plug the radio into it and see what its pulling. You can also hook up the VTVM to it to monitor voltages as well. It can also be used with the silly scope also.

Todd

Todd Wilson

Some handheld Hallicrafters talkies..........

Todd Wilson

Monster Heathkit Power Supply. Adjsutable volts and amps. Should work good with the Ham radios.

Todd Wilson

Early 40's Riders manual. Has almost all repairs and adjustments for radios made up until that time. 4 inchs or so thick. :o

bigred68

Hey Todd, saw these at a flea market today, if you think you could'nt live with out either one of these, let me know, I'll had back next week and get either one or both of them for you. They were both roughly 35.00 bucks. They allegedly both worked. Take care.

Todd Wilson

That wood one looks interesting but by the time you add shipping it would be more then its worth I would say.  35$ if it works and sounds good would be pushing it.  It is amazing what is out there if you look! Thanks for the photos!

Todd

Todd Wilson

Winter is approaching so its time to warm up the tubes and stay inside!   Just got this Hallicrafters SR-42a   2 meter AM transmitter going tonight. Gonna need an alignment and should be good to go. A few of us have been chatting on the 2 meter ham band via AM this last few weeks. Now its time to get the old timer working again!

Todd