News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger for a 67 GTO?

Started by 440charger68, October 27, 2008, 02:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

440charger68

i have a 68 charger 318 that still needs a little work, and i got offered a trade for a 67 GTO 400 rebuilt with rebuilt turbo trans, you guys think its a good deal? i mean i know there is nothin like a charger, but i could sell the GTO and buy a better charger.
life's a garden, dig it.

71charger_fan

I never liked the '66/'67 GTOs. I thought they had an ass-ugly front end. It's your car, your money, your choice.

Blown70

Well, sorry everytime I try to buy and car to get my way UP, it never works out.  If you have the Charger I would keep it.  Just the way I see it.

Tom

PocketThunder

Is the goat rust free compared to your Charger?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

keepat

If it is a GTO and in equal or better shape then it would be a fair trade. A GTO for a R/T I'm not to sure about?  :Twocents:

Dude, 66/67 GTO are awesome looking cars! :slap:

Pat

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: keepat on October 27, 2008, 04:35:37 PM
If it is a GTO and in equal or better shape then it would be a fair trade. A GTO for a R/T I'm not to sure about?  :Twocents:

Dude, 66/67 GTO are awesome looking cars! :slap:

Pat
Right on Pat!   67 GTO's were at one time considered the ultimate best example of a true Muscle car.  I think it's a fair trade considering condition of each.  The real answer lies with book value.  What is a 68 charger/67 Goat worth? Consider condition and do the math.  Funny how the 67 has a kinda fastback roof line like the Charger.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Mopar2Ya

Quote from: 71charger_fan on October 27, 2008, 02:50:43 PM
I never liked the '66/'67 GTOs. I thought they had an ass-ugly front end. It's your car, your money, your choice.
+1!!!!!! I never liked stacked headlights on any car. Keep the Charger, unless you're sure you can make easy $.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Silver R/T

I prefer Charger body style but its your decision. If you're sure you can get your money out of it and make a profit (which you're trading it for) Id go for it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

nakita7

You kinda answered you're own question in the first post. If the GTO is worth more, trade, sell it, get better Charger. Problem solved and you still end up with a Charger...

greenpigs

You sure it is a REAL GTO? That matters quit a bit as a Lemans for a 68 Charger isn't a very good deal if they are in the same condition.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Harlow

68 chargers are definetely better looking than 67 GTO's. 65's look pretty nice though, a little more boxy. Make sure that its still worth what you think it is.

Mike DC

If one is WAY rustier than the other, take the more solid one.

If they're relatively similar conditions, then I'd keep whichever of the two cars you'd want if money was no object.

TUFCAT

for me....GTO's started in 1968.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

440charger68

its a real GTO, but everyone family and friends convinced me not to get it cause i have had the charger since i was 14 and they all say the car is me. never driven a car with less then 8 cylinders. well im 18 now, and i know its not long of having a car but i have used it for prom, nights out, and cruisin and know one want to see me let it go so i will keep it. heres a pic of the old girl
life's a garden, dig it.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 440charger68 on October 28, 2008, 04:15:40 PM
its a real GTO, but everyone family and friends convinced me not to get it cause i have had the charger since i was 14 and they all say the car is me. never driven a car with less then 8 cylinders. well im 18 now, and i know its not long of having a car but i have used it for prom, nights out, and cruisin and know one want to see me let it go so i will keep it. heres a pic of the old girl

Well jeez why didnt you say so in the first place!  Keep the Charger..  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."