News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat Options.

Started by jb666, October 26, 2008, 09:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Ok, keeping in mine that I'm trying to keep the General Lee (show era) appearance with my car, are there any options for seats that are a bit more comfortable? Maybe even something that reclines?  I'm pulling my whole interior out this winter to make everything perfect, so they'll be out anyways.

Thanks, in advance  :cheers:

Mike DC

I don't know of anything right off the shelf at the junkyard. 

The factory Mopar front buckets were oddly shaped.  Overall, it looks like they took the lower half of a "big car" seat, and paired it with the upper half of a "little car" seat.  The upper section is quite short and it narrows as it goes up from the hinges.

The factory front bucket seats from '68 and '69 B-bodies were not very well loved in the big picture.  They're not comfortable, they're not adjustable, and their frames are not even strong enough to be very safe in a wreck.  The 1970 higher backed buckets (which still aren't great by modern standards) were hailed as a major improvement at the time.

Big_John

Hey Jeff.  :cheers:

There was an optional 6-way adjuster offered when the car was new. It goes up and down along with tilting. It tilts the whole seat though.

Used ones are a little hard to find and not cheap. Here's a link showing what they look like.

http://www.nicksgarage.com/6way.htm

You could also vary the seat tilt or height by changing the spacers under the seat. There should be four spacers about 3/4" thick between the seat tracks and the floor now.

jb666

Quote from: Big_John on October 26, 2008, 08:16:42 PM
Hey Jeff.  :cheers:

There was an optional 6-way adjuster offered when the car was new. It goes up and down along with tilting. It tilts the whole seat though.

Used ones are a little hard to find and not cheap. Here's a link showing what they look like.

http://www.nicksgarage.com/6way.htm

You could also vary the seat tilt or height by changing the spacers under the seat. There should be four spacers about 3/4" thick between the seat tracks and the floor now.

Thanks John! I wasn't aware that was an option. You bring up a good point about the seats.. right now, I have ZERO spacers between my seats and the floor, but I'll definitely take that as a suggestion. I like these seats, but the lack of (options?) frustrates me. I like to have the option of moving back a bit more than I can, but it appears that the position they bolted the seats to the floor after putting the floor pan in is a bit off. I did notice though, where the seats bolt tot he floor, that there's 3 "slots" the seat can be bolted to the floor,and right now it's in the position putting it closest to the dash.

When I pull the interior this winter I'll test various mounting spots. I really don't want to kill the "General Lee" look of the interior by putting a seat in that'll stick out like a sore thumb.

thanks again, John.

PS -- If you happen to see one of those 6 way adjustment options on EBay over the winter, let me know.  :cheers: :cheers: