News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

thought I'd post some progress pics of my satin black 69 charger

Started by sunroofblacklee, October 23, 2008, 07:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunroofblacklee

I was going to wait until I got all the special made black and white lee decals on it but oh well.  I painted it with a satin base and a satin clear. It took two tries to get the clear to look even. This is just a two year paint job while I buy all new panels and do it up correct and have very little mud in it. We have our own shop and paint booth so painting it out like didn't really coat that much.  Figured I'd have fun with it until then. Just got my motor dynoed and got 464hp and 515 tq so I'm real excited about getting it going. I'm going to black the window out and put electric dumps on it. I think I finally have all the general lee wheels for it now after searching high and low for them all. All brand new part going back on it.  The only thing I'm not happy with is the panel behind the rear window and the quarters have a little mud in them for my taste, and now that they reproduce them I'll be picking some up next year at Carlisle.
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black

sunroofblacklee

sunroofblacklee

68coronetGLwannabe

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

69*F5*SE

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

sunroofblacklee

Thanks guys, here a pic of the engine bay

bull

Satin black with Lee decals? :icon_smile_question: Two year paint job? :icon_smile_question: Black the window out and put electric dumps on it? :icon_smile_question:

I'm not following too well. What type of look are you going for and what does "black the window out and put electric dumps on it" mean?

At any rate, it looks good now. :2thumbs:

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

sunroofblacklee

Quote from: bull on October 23, 2008, 10:55:16 AM
Satin black with Lee decals? :icon_smile_question: Two year paint job? :icon_smile_question: Black the window out and put electric dumps on it? :icon_smile_question:

I'm not following too well. What type of look are you going for and what does "black the window out and put electric dumps on it" mean?

At any rate, it looks good now. :2thumbs:

Basically I'm going to building a nasty looking general lee but a satin black version. When I said black the windows out I meant tinting them out, giving it an sinister look.  I'm going to be installing electric dumps on the 3" tti exhaust. Don't worry it'll be going back to factory triple black paint scheme in a couple of years. With all the new panels coming out I've decided to hold off on painting it with the black base clear until I get them all for it. Don't get me wrong the body on this car is not that bad just has a little to much mud on the quarters for my liking. Figured I'd have fun with it for a while until I get all the body panels.

sunroofblacklee

sunroofblacklee

If you ever have watched the move Christine you'll know what I mean when I say blacking the windows out makes a car look pure evil. I took the original tinted glass and put it to the side and used a set of glass out of a parts car that does not have the factory tint on it. 

SFRT

looks great. you will love the electric cutouts I sure do.

'zap em with the siren man, zap em with the siren'
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sunroofblacklee

Quote from: SFRT on October 23, 2008, 11:34:09 AM
looks great. you will love the electric cutouts I sure do.

'zap em with the siren man, zap em with the siren'

I got the idea from you, and ordered the same ones, thanks!

Charger_Fan

Man, from here that car looks really straight! Looks pretty sinister in flat black, too. :naughty:

Is it a real sunroof car, or did you make that?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

sunroofblacklee

Added the sunroof from charger parts car we had, worked really slick.  After seeing a 69 charger butterscotch sun roof car local of me there was no doubt in my mind that I was going to make one.  We almost bought that car for $3500. then he changed his mind at the last second when we showed up.  Still trying to get it, we did manage to get a pencil rubbing of the tag to prove it. Only one known to exist in that that color with a sunroof, PW, cruise, luggage rack, 440, r/t SE with many more options.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Reid is that you?!?!

Whats up man?  I didnt know tripleblkr/t was you...the butterscotch gave you up!!

That butterscotch RT/SE is one of my personal fav's in the registry.  Dont forget the all important V21 option on there as well...
This little project you have going here is looking good as well.
Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

sunroofblacklee

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 23, 2008, 04:05:45 PM
Reid is that you?!?!

Whats up man?  I didnt know tripleblkr/t was you...the butterscotch gave you up!!

That butterscotch RT/SE is one of my personal fav's in the registry.  Dont forget the all important V21 option on there as well...
This little project you have going here is looking good as well.
Chris

Reids my brother, he's the one that actually found the butterscotch charger and I went up with him to look at it. Called the guy today and he still has it sitting in his garage.  Might shoot up to look at it this weekend and take some pics of it.  Reids been working on a 70 cuda and he just finished up a 71 hemi cuda clone that looked just like his driver cuda vert. Here's a pic of them together. He took first place with it at Carlisle last year.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sweet E bodies!  the 340 is a driver eh?....yeah looks like a POS to me as well :)

sadly the BS car looks like this now correct?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

aussiemuscle

chargers look awesome in satin black. reminds me of blade's charger...

1969chargerrtse

What a great thread.  Great comments and pictures.  Kinda neat that people are still into G Lee's.  :cheers:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

sunroofblacklee

That's the car I've almost forgot what it looked like as it's been a while since I've last seen it.  What a awsome car that would be all done up.
I offered him every thing under the sun for it with no bite. Even offered him my 70 challenger r/t se that was a real black 4 speed car and was a real nice driver with still no bite. One of these days I might get lucky and catch him on a bad day. 

Charger_Fan

Quote from: sunroofblacklee on October 24, 2008, 07:48:10 AM
I offered him every thing under the sun for it with no bite. Even offered him my 70 challenger r/t se that was a real black 4 speed car and was a real nice driver with still no bite. One of these days I might get lucky and catch him on a bad day. 
Drive the Chally over there next time you go see him & let him take it for a drive, maybe THAT will help sway his decision. :D :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: sunroofblacklee on October 24, 2008, 07:48:10 AM
That's the car I've almost forgot what it looked like as it's been a while since I've last seen it.  What a awsome car that would be all done up.
:drool5:   Wow, what a nice car.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.